Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289

Still at it after all these years huh? Yes, the CTS is a good looking car, especially now with the 2008 redesign. Cadillac finally fixed what sucked soo soo hard about the current CTS, the interior!! ANd the exterior is much better looking too. the current model has looked ridiculously slab sided since it came out.

You're trying to bust on the IS350 I see. Boy, you have always thought GM designs were breathtaking but in reality GM design has only been getting good for a couple of years now and it's just really starting to take off with cars like the Solstice, Sky, Aura, Outlook, Enclave, Acadia, and now the CTS.

"If you like Lexus styling than I am surprised (pleasantly) that you like Cadiilac's styling because to me the companies are total opposites when it comes to "getting it" in terms of great styling. Lexus doesn't get it."

Lexus has been "getting it" for years that why the cars have been selling...eh huh...who's #1 in the US in luxury car sales?? Obviously a whole bunch of customers find Lexus cars attractive, not saying they are the most attractive but they sure have been more attractive for the past umm.....17 years. According to you, Cadillac "has been getting it" meaning "great styling" for the last 20-30 years but that just makes the statement look really foolish!

But you know what, 2008 is the year that Cadillac finally becomes competitive with it's competition of BMW, MB, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. The 2008 CTS is WORLD CLASS, FINALLY. I have yet to see the interior first hand, but from pictures it finally looks like it can compete with the big boys in terms of styling & material quality. I hope GM doesn't cut costs and I find mis matched plastics etc. in the interior, because the new CTS just moved to the top of the list to replace my TL in 2009.

P.S. Admit that GM was building and designing junk until a couple of years ago.
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    "I hope GM doesn't cut costs and I find mis matched plastics etc. in the interior, because the new CTS just moved to the top of the list to replace my TL in 2009. "

Whoa- don't make any rash decisions just yet. The redesigned TL will be out in 08 as an 09 model.
  • bigtbigt Posts: 412
    And I thought it was just me. My MB had so many issues I made them give me a new one and then it had so many I just traded it in for a Lincoln and have not had any problems sense. You can have their squeaky brakes and stuff!
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    biker4: It is known that cars are made different (better) because of the work ethic in some other countries, ie; Germany/Japan. And those cars destined for the US do in fact go through rigorous scrutiny. If the car is made in the US then it's not subjected to this degree of scrutiny.

I think Cadillac has finally gotten the message, (to me it's evident with the quality my 03 CTS) and the overall work ethic has improved as well as many other things, and thus we get a better product. I only hope that other US auto makers follow the lead.

If you shipped a car to Europe and back to the US, then it is US spec without a doubt. Otherwise (I tell ya) it's not allowed.

If you have ever gone through US Customs, you will know that going out of the US they don't seem to care. Now coming back in is a totally different story.

I left and re-entered the US (from all coast) about ninety-six times (worked with the medical airevac system) and lived in or visited sixty or so countries during my twenty year career, so I've been through US Customs a time or two myself.

I was responsible for making sure that those (incapacitated persons) we returned to the States, had all their belongings shipped as well. This included their automobiles. So I've shipped a car or two as well. And I tell ya, it ain't easy sometimes.

BTW When I did my tours to the auto plants (MB & Volvo) in Europe, the cars were not produced on an assembly line, they were done by hand.

thebug...
  • arby1arby1 Posts: 83
    Lexus is #1 in sales because of its trucks, not because of its cars. They are very concerned about that , and that is why Lexus is working hard at making great cars.
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Very nice color!
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    Good angle shots, I don't think I've seen it from this view before. Makes it look shorter in one shot. Now I'm sure this will look good in black with ebony. Thanks.

thebug...
  • chavis10chavis10 Posts: 166
    "But you know what, 2008 is the year that Cadillac finally becomes competitive with it's competition of BMW, MB, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. The 2008 CTS is WORLD CLASS, FINALLY"

Here we go again... Boy, do people have short memories. Does anyone remember the original G35 interior, first gen IS300's interior, or any generation C-class interior? Let's not pretend that the competition has been all it was cracked up to be in the press. While I didn't like the design on the old CTS interior the quality in my opinion was equal if not better than the G35's interior.
  • bigtbigt Posts: 412
    Anyone know the size of the wheels shown in the photo. The color really looks great! Also when will this hit the market and anticipated pricing?
  • albookalbook Posts: 1,282
    starting to take off with cars like the Solstice, Sky, Aura, Outlook, Enclave, Acadia, and now the CTS.
    Hey! don't forget Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Grand Prix, and Bonneville! And SSR-maybe Gm has had something more than three years.
    Lexus has been "getting it" for years that why the cars have been selling...eh huh...who's #1 in the US in luxury car sales?? -Mercedes Benz. Don't even argue.
    2008 is the year that Cadillac finally becomes competitive with it's competition of BMW, MB, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. The 2008 CTS is WORLD CLASS, FINALLY. What about STS, and Escalade? THey compete well among the best.
  • puckspucks Posts: 47
    Those are the optional 18 inch wheels. 17 inch is standard, but has a 7 spoke design, not 9.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    PLease do not turn this into a Lexus vs Cadillac thing. I do not care about the IS350 in any way, shape or form. It is an excellent car in terms of performance but it's not pretty, it's pricey and it's too small. I like the interior though. If the CTS is cheaper or even priced equivalently to the IS I would get the CTS without a doubt.

Lexus is #1 and that has nothing to do with styling. On the contrary, its obvious most lexus owners do not consider styling to be important when they look for a car. Lexus is #1 because the RX has been such a hit and no other luxury SUV comes close to its sales. The current IS is FINALLY making headway in this segment because the last gen was a flop. The GS is a slow seller as is the SC and the LS isnt a volume car. Lexus' success is all about the ES and RX and I don't want either vehicle although they are fine for those who want a quiet ride and mediocre handling. Lexus is a very successful luxury brand that appeals to older customers much like the old Cadillac did. The IS and RX are the only products Lexus makes that seem to attract people under 55 and that is great now, but Cadillac was in the same position 15 years ago and look what happened.

GM's designs are better than ever but I disagree with the notion that they havent made any decent vehicles until a couple years back. The STS, Intrigue, Arora, Alero, Deville/DTS, Corvette, Park Ave, Bonneville SSE/GXP etc. do not qualify as junk to me. GM is getting better but the idea that the CTS is the first competent car in GM history is a gross exaggeration.
    You wanna know what else is a gross exaggeration? I'll give you an example:

"Lexus is #1 and that has nothing to do with styling. On the contrary, its obvious most lexus owners do not consider styling to be important when they look for a car."
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    And, in any case, we're not talking about Lexus here. We're talking about the Cadillac CTS. Seems fair enough, given the discussion title.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• piasonpiason Posts: 55
    ggesq - I think you are lost so here's a link to the Lexus forum -->
    http://www.carspace.com/csItemGroups/section.makes/item.Lexus :surprise:
  • No. All the show cars had 19-inchers on them. As you can see on the sidewalls:

• Any word on whether the 19's will be an available production option? I've only seen the articles mention 18's. If not, makes me wonder how much of the glorious new interior will make it to market in the fall.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    "Here we go again... Boy, do people have short memories. Does anyone remember the original G35 interior, first gen IS300's interior, or any generation C-class interior? Let's not pretend that the competition has been all it was cracked up to be in the press. While I didn't like the design on the old CTS interior the quality in my opinion was equal if not better than the G35's interior."

Who's talking about the G35 interior?? You're right it was as POS interior just like the IS300's and first CTS's. But now you're saying at C-class interior is junk? That's just plain stupid.
  • 17 or 18 inches. Both will be available.

A tire is a tire. Put your own 19s on if you want. You can always change a tire. It's a show car, and show cars always have large tires, because they look better. I don't see why they would change the interior. This is the production car. It is not a "concept".
    Thanks for your direction.

Keep up the good work in here.... :surprise: :confuse: