Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• An early launch wouldn't be surprising. The CTS's original 2003 year launched in January, and ever since the next model year has appeared in Early June at the dealers.
  • chrisl0chrisl0 Posts: 114
    If thats true why are pictures and information so hard to find? I can't even build one.
  • pearlpearl Posts: 336
    does anyone have experience with the Caddy Nav vs. others from Japanese or German makes? Comments? My next car will have a nav for sure, but while there are tons of comments on German vs. Japanese Navs (e.g. I-drive vs. Lexus Gen 5, etc), I rarely ever hear anyone talk about American Navs, in particular, Cadillac's.
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    The Caddy navigations are about as user friendly as Acura's. The STS, Escalade, have voice recognition technology which speeds up certain functions. I'd assume the 08' CTS will finally feature this technology, along with alot more competitive advances. If the 08' CTS, gets enough technology, I will more than likely park one in my driveway/garage. ;)

Rocky
    We are finally starting to see news trickel out about this car. So far I see nothing but a winner and a much bigger sales success than the last CTS and CTS-V. :shades:

Rocky
    Cadillac clearly has a chance to hit a homerun here. They absolutely MUST not screw this up by letting the bean counters run the show and forcing the engineers to give up things which are already standard on the competition (e.g. tilt/telescopic steering columns; high quality "feel" on internal switches, knobs, etc; fit/finish). If this costs a few hundreds bucks more - DO IT. More people will buy a true luxo car than one that pretends to be one, but skimps on the basics.
    Pearl, I 100% agree even a few thousand more they could get away with it.

There is no reason why this car shouldn't have a powerful DVD-Audio surround sound system, heated+ ventilated(AC) seats, pwr tilt/telescoping wheel, multi adjustment seats w/ pwr lumbar, voice recognition that controls the audio, climate, bluetooth, navigation system, adaptive cruise control, and IMHO they need to use the swivel headlamps. A pre-collison system along with the latest advances in braking technology that pre-charge the brakes for emergency stops. A rear view camera along with sensors would also be nice. TYou are right the bean counters need to stay away from this one. However, if Cadillac even just had the same technology found in the Lincoln MKZ along with voice recognition I'd be plenty happy. I guess the CTS, is the most important model but I'd expect 310 or better hp. Personally I'd like to see GM use the Buick Velite & GNX concept's 3.6 Twin Turbo that achieved 450 hp. However the 7.0 V-8 will do plenty fine in a CTS-V. I'm just saying a V-8 isn't neccessary when you add a couple of turbos to a V-6 which yields better mpg and saves weight. If GM, was very smart like I'd be with this model I'd add the 2-stage hybrid package to this car which would help further balance the car out and keep weight as close as possible to 50/50.

Okay pearl I'm done rambling pal. I think we can agree most of the time on this topic. I'm getting excited to see the final piece since the all-new 2008-2009 CTS-V is at the top of my short-list of 11-ars. :shades:

Rocky
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,360
    I agree that GM has to put all the features into the car, but further they have to improve the materials. The first bean-counter who says "this switch has been used in millions of Chevys and Pontiacs, and is plenty good enough for this car" or "this is the material that we have used for the consoles in millions of Chevys and Pontiacs, and is plenty good enough for this car" should be shot, and their head put on a fencepost where it can be seen by all of the other bean-counters. I drove a new STS last weekend. It is a very good-driving car, but I could look around the interior and see every such compromise made in the name of cost cutting. It was an ugly sight.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

I like the interior design and lay-out but agree the bean-counters did cheapen the car. All I can do is hope they do a upgrade on the refresh. For as much as the STS cost's it should have a 07' Volvo S80 type of a interior. One that impresses and sets a standard for all others to meet. ;)

I really can't wait to get some good interior shots of the new CTS. It will probably be January, at the Detroit autoshow before we get our chance. :(

Rocky
  • jd14jd14 Posts: 128
    Isn't the interior of the CTS identical to that of the old SRX? Even if they just transfer the look of the new SRX cabin into the new CTS and add all the expected luxury features they will have a huge hit! Come on, with a front end this mean
    how can you lose?
    I gotta agree... :D The next CTS, IMHO will be a big winner. ;) :shades:

Rocky
    ?????

Rocky
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    PDR is the performance collection package with all season 18inch tires......3300 MSRP option package.......but includes several other items such as forward looking HID lighting
    New V6http://www.worldcarfans.com/rsslink.cfm/article/2060518.001/generalmotors/2008-g- -
    Good article about the GM direct injection V6 - could be used on the 08 CTS
    Looks good :)

Rocky
  • albookalbook Posts: 1,282
    I'm just saying a V-8 isn't neccessary when you add a couple of turbos to a V-6 which yields better mpg and saves weight.
    Rocky, if you can afford the car, you don't care about gas. All you care about is whipping your X girlfriend in her BMW M3! We all know the lincoln MKZ doesn't stand a chance against this!!! It could not even touch the old one!
  • jblaze13jblaze13 Posts: 152
    I agree that the front end looks great. What I saw of the back end was a real concern. The tail lamps were not appealing. I hope they change them.
    Well I can just barely afford one but not as a toy but rather as a daily driver. If the price stays around the same as it is now I will be serious about getting a V. I do think whipping the X in her BMW 3 that Fabio bought her would be plenty of fun. :D

Rocky
  • Don't understand two things:

Why doesn't anyone here post images at all?
    There are very few. Let me try:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us">

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And the second thing I cannot understand is why nobody seems to be very excited about this car on Edmunds.
    Do luxury car buyers avoid Edmunds altogether?
    readerreader,

You gotta understand their isn't a huge GM fanbase here. The ones that are GM lovers do stick togeather. ;)

Rocky
  • Wow. What kinds of cars do they like anyways?

Maybe if they actually looked at them, they'd see something attractive...
    Well of course it's the The big 3 of asia Toyota, Honda, Nissan. The others like the big 3 of Europe Mercedes, BMW, Audi.

They say there problems with GM, Ford, Chrysler, products in the past will spur them to never buy an american vehicla again. :sick:

Rocky
  • So all their other cars have been perfectly flawless?
    What you didn't know ???? Toyota and Honda, only make cars that are next to perfect. ;)

Rocky
  • The CTS has always been sorta a "private-club" sorta car. It doesn't sell in huge numbers and its styling is polarizing (love it or hate it). Young professionals seem to avoid it, opting instead for Lexus, Bimmer and Infiniti. The high-point of the CTS was its appearance in The Matrix movie......I think its new styling makes it look like a Caddy SUV bling-mobile. but maybe that'll increase sales. :surprise:
    that Caddy does this right. If they have chosen to let the bean counters rule once again, and if the interior sucks, they nickle and dime the details, then after the die-hard surge, they will only move this car with huge rebates and 0% financing. Let us all hope that this is not the case and that Cadillac has a true entry level luxo car in the market. Adding some $ to the price is well worth it, IF they can counter the opposition in all the details - people will buy quality. We will know shortly.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    I for one cant wait to see the details on this car. 11 days and we should have all our questions answered.

The interior on this car will not be cheap so I dont think that needs to be a concern. Look at recent GM interiors and you see the direction they are going. The CTS interior has been praised by the automotive press who has seen it and that includes notorius GM bashers like Edmunds' own Karl Brauer. Even he said the car looks like a winner.

Based on the spy pics the interior of this car isn't like the SRX. It appears to have a unique look.

The typical Edmunds reader is much more likely to get excited about a new camry or Prius than the CTS. YOu find a lot of people on this site who would never buy a domestic product and coincidentally many of those people tend to not know much about current domestic offerings.