Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• ortegaortega Posts: 57
    The CTS comes with a USB port in the center console with full ipod integration (from what I've read). The IP, right under the speedo, has a driver information center which will display the trip odos and other vehicle information (like mileage, veh status, etc.). It may also appear in the NAV/Radio pop-up screen as you said, but you can find what you're seeking right in front of you as well. The steering wheel audio controls are buttons, not dials or knobs - you probably won't hit them by mistake (a dial or knob would be horrible). The front seats (up to 10-way control BTW) can be heated AND cooled, and judging by the up/down arrows for what temperature in the pictures I've seen there will be levels of control beyond just hot or cold. I think GM has done a pretty good packaging job for this car - the available and standard options should satisfy most buyers. The only thing I could not find was the auto-dimming outside rearview mirror and since information on the car is not 100% available yet - I would hope that this would come standard. Don't give up on GM just yet - I actually think they're getting it right this time. As for me - this is the first time I am actually even considering buying a car from a US automaker.

You can check it out for yourself through the links below:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2008&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=4824&type=0

http://cadillac/com/allnewcts

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-cadillac-cts-1/

http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/cadillac/all-new-2008-cadillac-cts/

Hope that helps...
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    your links contain information that is many months old. The motorauthority link is dated January.
    The age of the information, in this case, does not make it any less accurate. The motorauthority link sources its information from official Cadillac press releases - it's not speculation. Unfortunately, this is the most current information available until more information is released by GM as launch approaches. If you check the "News" section of the allnewcts website, you'll can see the actual Cadillac press releases. If you take the time to read them, you'll see that the motorauthority link is basically quoting the GM press release.

I posted the links so that you could see that some of the comments/assumptions you were making about the content of the vechicle were incorrect. I was simply trying to be helpful.

The autoblog link just provides photos (so you could see the buttons on the wheel, the temp control for the seats and the IP info display). The Cadillac link is updated as GM sees fit (and it has not been since March - except for a few videos) as is the GM online order guide (that was updated last week with a few corrections).
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,610
    My local Cadillac dealer tells me prioing on the CTS will be available in approximately two weeks.
    I suppose that means we should see pricing very soon then.
  • ral1960ral1960 Posts: 74
    I don't know what corrections were made recently to the online ordering guide, but the dimensions and specs are for the 2007 CTS, and hence inaccurate.
    Well then the dimensions page, along with pricing, are due for an update soon I guess.
  • len00len00 Posts: 22
    I'm assuming everybody is just waiting for GM to release pricing information on the CTS but has anybody heard anything new? I've been searching everywhere for any new tidbit of information but I can't dig up anything new. This forum has been awfully quiet for some time so I assume nobody has any new information to report. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good news regarding pricing.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    i would look for pricing to be announced next month.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    When pricing is announced where will it be posted?
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,576
    One of the first places on the 'net will most likely here:

http://www.gmbuypower.com/

Build Your Own...
  • godaddy1godaddy1 Posts: 15
    Does anyone know if either 3.6 base or direct injection needs premium fuel? :confuse:
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    Both of the engines will use regular unleaded gasoline.
  • I'm from NJ, and visited a Cadillac dealer this past week and was told they're expecting the 2008 CTS to arrive late July or early August. The salesman also let me know that they've heard the top of the line 3.6L will be about $43,000 if this helps anyone with their pricing questions.
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    prettybadass - This raises yet another set of questions for me. Is 43K top of the line with standard equipment, or top of the line with major bells and whistles?

thebug...
    I was thinking the same thing... If that's 43K for standard then I'm out of the running. I can't imagine GM moving too many vehicles at that price with the stiff competition that it's up against. Then again, for example, will this car be going against the M series Infiniti or the G; the 5 Series Bimmer or the 3? If it's the former as opposed to the latter it may be a different story...

Len
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    len00 - My point exactly. This 43K price would have to be a well equipped (close to fully loaded)top of the line price. Otherwise, it would be over the current price range of the current CTS-V if a few toys were added. It just wouldn't make sense for them to crank the price up 10K over the current.

The top of the line M35 is nicely equipped as standard at 44K. Add all the bells and whistles and you are over 53K easy. The M35 competes with the A6, and 5 Series (on this site), but I did read an article in Consumer Reports where they lumped them altogether in a mid-sized luxury segment comparo with bang for the buck being the highlight in my view.

I'm guessing, I will be able to get everything but the sunroof at around 44K OTD. At least I hope that's the case.

thebug...
    "I can't imagine GM moving too many vehicles at that price with the stiff competition that it's up against. "

Watching how Caddy has priced the STS, since 2005 - and seeing the sales drop rather dramatically - it appears to me that GM is resolute in applying "premium pricing" to Caddys....

And holding those prices in the face of low sales.

Interesting strategy.
    - Ray
    Also waiting to see how the CTS pricing looks....
    The new CTS is mentioned and shown in the new Onstar and XM radio ads. Just saw it last night. They clearly show the front of a blue (or dark colored) 2008 CTS piloted by Lucy Liu in the onstar ad. Looks good.
    I'm not sure that's the new CTS in the ad. The blue car you're talking about has a different headlight configuration than the CTS. The blue car in the commercial has two round HID lamps whereas the 08 CTS has only one (you see the lamps clearly in a few of the cut shots). What you're seeing is the 2008 STS in the ad.
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    I down loaded the dealer online ordering guide on 4/30/07. There have been no changes since that date, even though some of the information (dimensions & specs) is not accurate.
    no, I'm sure thats the CTS- in fact I believe they mention it by name. They also show a sketch of the CTS (and mention it) in a new XM radio ad I saw. There is also a new Cadillac ad with Ed Welburn that shows a red CTS at the end and says "coming this fall".

Just read edmunds test of C350, I dont like the interior, especially the metal trim around the gauges.
    Anybody care to give an educated guess as to what the GMS price will be for a fully loaded CTS... AWD, 300hp, automatic, sunroof, navigation, etc, etc.?
    No.
    But one price point that might be relevant is the 2008 STS V6 - Edmunds now shows base = $42,390.
    Good luck!
    - Ray
    $46,000 is my guess.
    43k fully loaded.
    ortega,
    Are you thinking the Inoivce on the loaded CTS will be about $43,000? I qualify for GMS and what I understand is that is right around invoice, maybe even a % lower. I'm trying to guage if the CTS will be in my price range with the GMS pricing.

Len
    I think MSRP for a fully loaded 2008 CTS will be around $43k. Invoice would be about 6% under that. This is all speculation, by the way...
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    Fully loaded, top of the line, 300HP version...

MSRP: $50,000

Mark my words, I'll come back in couple weeks for the "I told you so" dance. :P
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,106
    MSRP may or may not have much to do with the lease price a few months after all the initial hubbub subsides.

Having said that, I come at this [belief in a fairly large increase] from two points: (maybe three) 1.) the current price of a fully loaded CTS and the "difficulty" of adding 5 figures from one model year to the next; 2.) the content argument -- basically "justifying" a major uptick in price due to the HUGE content increase of the '08 CTS vs the '07; 2a.) the "upward creep" in price (at MSRP at least) of the STS.

We have, that is, a marketing/sales need to NOT to induce sticker shock somewhat offset by the substantial content creep, power boost and Cadillac's "desire to swim upstream."

On the other hand, if Cadillac cannot induce BMW 5 shoppers and Audi A6 shoppers and Infiniti M35 shoppers to consider the CTS, it will be pitted against the likes of the Entry level lux cars like the A4 and 3 and G (to name but a few) and will be seen as the most expensive of the bunch.

Drum roll please, a fully loaded top o' the line 300HP, AWD version will come in at a number beginning with a "4" -- with the second number probably (hopefully?) no larger than an "8" -- my take: $48,999 before any "lease subventing, discounts, conquest bucks or bottle deposits."

At $50K (for a CTS) the BMW 5 series (possibly even the A6 and M's, too -- possibly even something from Mercedes or Lexus -- possibly) "magnetism" will push/pull [many, if not most] customers away from Cadillac to the imports.

Signed: "Often wrong, but never uncertain, in Cincinnati."