Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Posts: 486
    Was at my dealer's yesterday and they basically concurred about current sales. They said that everyone is waiting to see the 2008 and that he could probably sell every one he could get his hands on quickly. We only have a little while longer to wait...
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,310
    Good to hear from you again. What are you driving now? I know you told us, but I forgot.

Craving to get back with a CTS?
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,576
    Mechanical section-(MN6) Transmission, Aisin 6-speed manual, moved RPO code into Free Flow RPO Code column. Changed availability for 1SB PEG from "S" with a footnote #2 to "A" with a footnote #2. Changed footnote #1 to read "Must specify a transmission. Not available with (Y42) 18" (45.7 cm) All-Season Tire Performance Package. Base MSRP includes (MN6) Aisin 6-speed manual transmission.". Changed footnote #2 to read "Must specify a transmission. Requires (Y43) 18" (45.7 cm) Summer Tire Performance Package.".
    Mechanical section-(MX0) Transmission, 6-speed automatic, changed availability for 1SB PEG from "A" with a footnote #1 to "S" with a new footnote #2. New footnote #2 reads "Must specify a transmission. Base MSRP includes (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission.".
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    ... and I thought legal documents are hard to read.... :P
    I think this means that the 6 speed automatic is now standard with 304hp DI engine.

And you can only get the 6 speed manual for the DI when ordered with the Summer tire performance package.

- Ray
    Obviously did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn of any sort last night......
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    Actually, you are peeking into the nightmarish life of the dealer desperately trying to pre-order his floor plan, so customers will walk in and say 'that's the one I want."
  • len00len00 Posts: 22
    Anybody have any guess as to when Edmunds will be posting an overview and/or test drive of the '08 CTS. It seems as though they have had a lot of '08 models on their homepage lately giving at least an overview of various '08 models.

Len
    I've had an SRX for the last two years now...my wife's car really. When you have two kids in the last 4 years, it changes your car buying priorities. :-)

A 2008 CTS for myself would be nice, but I have to find budget for it (not easy) and it must fit my elongated body (no guarentees).
    I would guess that they are probably test driving one now or will very soon. The dealerships should get the cars in 6-8 weeks or so. Doing a road test now would allow the print magazines enough lead time for publication. Online mags like Edmunds would be embargoed until the print magazines hit the stands in the second week of September.
  • richw5richw5 Posts: 152
    Currently the 08 CTS's seen on the street (and in magazines) are pre-production models. Production of "for sale" cars begins July 23rd.
    Since GM typically pulls some number of that first 'batch' for GM employees to drive - as a "shake-down" before release to ship to dealers, I expect that we will see 2008 CTSs at dealers ( assuming no problems ) in September...
    - Ray
    Wondering why a 2008 STS-v or 2 has appeared at dealers - but no V6 STSs reported yet...
  • richw5richw5 Posts: 152
    The original schedule for production of the 2008 STS was June 11, 2007. There's no info on whether those would be V6, V8, V models or a mix of all three.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    What does PEG stand for in the options listings?
  • ortegaortega Posts: 57
    Preferred Equipment Group...I think.
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    Called Cadillac.com today and spoke with a rep for a long time trying to make sense out the package groups. Did get a few questions answered. I now know that you can get the 300hp without the AWD. Don't really need AWD in this part of the country.

She said that the CTS will start production on Thursday 7/19/07, but not to expect to see them at the dealer for about six weeks or so. I think I will wait them out this time because on the last edition, they did many upgrades shortly after I ordered/received a completion and ship date.

She had nothing on pricing at this point. I just find it odd that Cadillac is keeping this information a secret, even from their own info center staff.

thebug...
  • ral1960ral1960 Posts: 74
    You have seen the online ordering guide?
    http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/brandsel.jsp?year=2008&regionID=1

The 300 hp engine is independent of all other options, which is unusual for GM. It looks like the auto transmission may be a no cost option.

It is strange about the pricing. They may be saving it to make a big splash in the fall.
    Not sure if everyone here has seen this yet (been up for a few weeks), but it provides some more detail regarding a few of the features. I think the most unique is the 60 minute audio buffer. Check it out:

http://crunchgear.com/2007/06/26/hands-on-with-the-cadillac-cts-infotainment-system/
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    As I understand the order guide, 1SB includes the 304 hp engine and the six speed automatic. However, you can specify the manual if you choose.
    base 6DM69 = $32,245 ( manual )
    DI 6DP69 = $34,545 ( autom )

... from a usually reliable source...
    Won't that put the base model a little less than the 07 3.6 base price? Of course, you can get a discount on an 07.
    You're right. They've updated it since I last looked. So the base model has manual standard, which you have to pay extra for in the DI model, since you have to get the Summer Tire Performance Package. Perhaps you get a credit when ordering the manual and DI.
    ... down the option package pricing brings me to:
    304 HP w/A6 ( $34,545)
    + top option package of lux items ( $8,165)
    [[ PDQ = NAV, sunroof, wood, etc. ]]
    + 18" Summer Tire pkg w/LSD & brake upgrade
    [[ edit: ( $ 2,430/PDQ )
    [[ Y43 ]]
    = $ 45,140
    + dest? dest included? dunno . . .
    + AWD for those that care ( $1,900)
    = $ 47,040
    - Ray
    NOT responsible for any typing errors here tonight . . .
    Any chance this information is available somewhere where I can access it???
  • pearlpearl Posts: 336
    good info. While we don't know (at least I haven't seen) exactly what is in some of these packages yet, it appears that for about $45K you can have the 304hp engine with lots of lux. If this hold up, and the car mags give the CTS some love, then it should sell very well indeed.
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    Or you can get the DI model with manual for about $35K - and then sell the wheels back to the dealer in exchange for the stock ones for another thousand or so off.

Why they make you pay $2800 for 18 inch wheels is beyond me. That's usurous considering that the stock wheels are already alloys.
    Go here to understand what all the packages and options are:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2008&regionID=1&divi- sionID=5&type=0&vehicleID=4824&section=modelhome&page=&butID=1

I took the time to put it all on a spreadsheet (I had the free time tonight) and came up with the following numbers (use the Online Ordering Guide link above to translate the codes):

6DP69 w/auto trans, PDQ, Y42, J55 and AWD (a fully-loaded CTS) - $46,745

Same config w/out AWD - $44,845

Of note is the fact that taking the PDQ option w/Y42 & J55 INSTEAD of taking PDR w/ Y40+Y41, C3U, B19, B20 & J55 yields the same configuration of options but costs $810 less (Note that PDR CANNOT be ordered together w/PDQ)

Happy shopping!!
    Good article that discusses the features of the system...check out the slide show - it's got some great shots of the pop-up display:

http://www.technoride.com/article/The+Cadillac+CTS+The+Future+of+Rock+n+Roll+in+- Cars/210451_1.aspx
    I calculate a difference in MSRP of the CTSw/DI 3.6L V6 vs 2008 STS V6 with the same motor = $7,845.

Interesting....
    - Ray
    Ready to test drive