Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    Thank you for your concern with my answer. Now if you would care to explain what I said that was wrong I would appreciate the information. :(
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    On the base engine the fuel injectors are in the intake manifold so using lower octane fuel will not harm them (but poor fuel quality might plug them up).

The fuel injectors on the direct injection V6 are located in the cylinder and lower octane fuel than recomended can cause knock, which may harm the insides of the cylinder including the injectors.
  • Im glad i am not the only one to have had the fuel pump replaced. Parts are hard to come by right now. They took the fuel pump from the Loaded Red CTS In inventory rather than hold me up for 10 days. I get nothing but compliments on the look at of this car!!!!. The performance package with the 18 inch wheels make this car look complete.
  • arby1arby1 Posts: 83
    I have 500 miles on mine . With combined city driving with very mild accelerating , I am getting 15 MPG .It was freezing in NY past day , and my glove box was frozen shut . Anyone have a frozen glove box ?
  • jpenn, well, before I got to read your reply, I DID take your advice! I ordered the CTS (fully loaded)on 3 Jan. Really excited about it and can't wait to pick it up here in a few weeks! Good luck...come on in, the water's fine! :-)
  • jpennjpenn Posts: 68
    Clarkster, Best of luck with your new CTS, I'm envious. I'm still holding out for the coupe but I'm definitely weakening and you didn't help any. After seeing un camoflagged pictures of the new Camaro I'm more concerned than ever that the CTC will be a Camaro clone with Caddy front and rear. That would make this 2 year wait a total dud for me.

Again, best of luck
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Camaro isn't going to be built on the same underpinning as the 08 CTS is now. Remember, GM as well as many others use interchangeable underbodies to build their vehicles. I was in future products for 16 years and all they did was replace a part of the floorpan to make the length of the vehicle. Usually the underbody is 3 or 4 pieces welded together. Don't worry about it, have you ever seen a 2 door that didn't look like the 4 door except for the extra set of doors and maybe the roof line. It gets way to expensive to put on to many extra body panels thats why a lot of cars look so much alike from car to car from the same manufacturer. For example look at a DTS Caddy and the Buick Lucire (sp) they start out with the same underbody pieces but they sure don't look alike and are built in the same plant.
  • cosmo13cosmo13 Posts: 31
    I was pulling up to a stop sign in my 2008 CTS awd/direct injection when all of a sudden the car accelerated. I thought I had hit the gas instead of the brake. The engine was racing and I finally put it in neutral and shut the engine off. I re started and the car seemed OK. I drove for 2 miles and pulled up a hill, the car almost did not make the crest of the hill.
    After parking I noticed check engine light was on. I called On Star for a diagnostic check. On Star reported they received two notices from my cars computer: 1. transmission problem and 2. shifting mechanism problem. Diagnostic report gave instructions to take car to dealer immediately. I plan to be at dealer Monday at 7:30AM when service opens.
  • nathessnathess Posts: 11
    This is a note of interest to potential 2008 Cadillac CTS buyers.

Ten years ago all Cadillac's came with a built in "garage door opener" but one can spend $43,000 for the 2008 CTS with luxury upgrades and have a car that doesn't have a garage door opener. The car manual shows one installed as standard equipment but I have this car and General Motors has gone on record to say that one cannot be installed on my car. The compartment for this equipment is on the car but no wiring has been installed for this provision. This is a big disappointment for a car that is highlighted by General Motors as the Cadillac of the year.
  • jkr2106jkr2106 Posts: 231
    I'm right there with you on waiting for the CTC :shades:

...but what on Earth would make you think the CTC will be a rebadged Camaro? They are not even on the same architecture yet (Zeta Camaro vs Sigma CTS). Did Cadillac create the CTS as a rebadged G8? NO! Don't worry. GM is back on track and as we have seen from the GMT900s, CTS, Malibu, and Enclave, every successive launch from here on out will be extraordinary.
  • kplacerkplacer Posts: 94
    The universal home remote a.k.a. garage door opener is part of the Comfort and Convenience package. Did you order that? If not, you didn't buy a garage door opener.
  • autowriteautowrite Posts: 224
    For the price you are paying most of those options should not be options. My 2002 minivan ($35,000 cdn, $28,000 us) had the homelink (with garage door opener) as stardard. Maybe you can add it later, in case you forgot.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    so since your minivan also came with 3 rows of seating I suppose you are also mad that the CTS don't either. :P
  • I too have a fully loaded CTS with AWD. With a little under 700 miles on the odometer and mostly city driving, I have been averaging 16.8 MPG. As a comparison, I also drive a MB CLS with a 304 HP V8 that averages 19.8 MPG in mostly city driving. For what it's worth. I do love the CTS though as does my wife.
  • jharoldjharold Posts: 11
    On November 28th I requested the Cadillac dealer to order me the DI, white diamond, performance collection package, luxury level one package, wood trims, spare tire and chrome wheels. The dealer called on December 26th and said the car would be delivered within a week. I asked him for the vin number so I could verify the order. When I went on line and checked the vin, I found that the dealer had added the performance luxury package which included the luxury level 2 package that I didn’t want and had left off the chrome wheels which I did want. I called the dealer and asked him about the order and he said "wait until the car is delivered and see what’s not correct". I did not want to wait. The next day I went to the dealer with a copy of the window summary showing what would be on the car. The dealer tried to convince me that the only way to get the luxury level package was to take the performance luxury package. After I showed them one of their own brochures with luxury level one as a stand alone option they dropped that argument. I told them I wanted to reorder the car. The dealer responded “they were too busy and I would have to come back next week to reorder”. I said no thanks and left. The next day, December 28th, I went to another dealer across town and ordered another CTS. I'm hoping this time they get it right!!!
    Are you walking away from your deposit ?
  • jharoldjharold Posts: 11
    No, got my deposit back...
    The sales brochure lists the Universal home remote as part of the Luxury Level II package, which is also a part of the Premium Luxury Collection. If your car contains either of those options the remote should have been included. If not, you might try to purchase the necessary parts from your dealers parts department and have it installed by an independent auto electrician.
    Does anyone know what is behind that little square on the passenger side of the front bumper?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,244
    It's there because GM evidently plans to market the car in Europe, where it's required that all cars have a solid towing point available through the bumper. It shows the location where an eye bolt can be screwed into the chassis so the car can be safely pulled when it's wrecked or stuck. Once you start looking, you'll see there's something similar on all European cars.
  • I picked up my CTS on November 13 2007.It has AWD,DI,performance brakes,18" wheels,Crystal Red,spoiler,mesh grille,It now has 2000 miles on it,both highway and NYC driving.I cannot find anything wrong.everything works as it should.I did have to put after market trim on the sides(should have came with the car standard).the car is without a doubt the best I have ever owned.the quality is top notch.Its quiet and powerful,and gets an average 16.8 mpg on regular gas.the moon roof and shade seem fine to me,I know it was a concern to some.I agree Cadillac has come up with the Car of the year,well done
  • Hello Waco-

Congrats on your car- I love mine too!

Just want to ask though...you mention a "mesh grille". What do you mean? Like the kind on the CTS-V? Was that standard for you, or did you put it on? And what kind of trim on the sides? Got any pics?
    I have about 600 miles on my car . I noticed from day one a rattle from the passenger side of the car . Anyone notice this , or any other types of rattles . I have the sport suspension .
  • knotemknotem Posts: 62
    Arby 1, I've test driven a fully loaded CTS in September with DI/auto, panoramic sunroof and all season 18" tires. When my son was driving it, I was in the back seat and I felt and heard rattle in the back, I didn't feel it or hear it while I was driving. I thought that was my son pushing the power too hard.
  • My neighbor (who by the way couldn't resist the urge to park one of these babies in his garage after seeing mine) had some rattle issues. He has the AWD regular engine but the rattles were limited to the sunroof (fixed) and currently in the rear near the speaker area - nothing external.
    I have subtle vibrations coming from the window control panel of both doors when the audio bass is vibrating a certain way - and with my music choices, it should not be an issue. I do have the 5:1 surround that pushes the bass up front.
    I don't have a sunroof or AWD . I first thought that it was the loose buckle of the seatbelt hitting the door , but I heard it even after buckling it in . I am thinking that it is located in the B pillar which houses the seatbelt retraction mechanism . I also noticed a vibration today , for the first time , which I guess did come from the radio bass . I don't have the surround sound .
    I will have someone drive me around so that I can be a passenger and pinpoint the rattle . Thanks for the two posts .
  • I also have the sport suspension and at times with the harder ride with the low profile tires, you can get that jolt to create a rattle. I found mine to be on the passenger side doors. Try some lube on the rubber gaskets on both doors. Mine went away. I did have to stick the tech in the back seat as i was driving, but together we did find the problem. Good luck
  • cosmo13cosmo13 Posts: 31
    Was the mesh grille standard?
  • More than likely a dealer-installed thing. Well, at least that's better than the vinyl roof I saw on a '08 CTS last month. :cry: