Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• GM officially announced that they'll build coupe and wagon:
    "-- Lansing/Grand River: Cadillac CTS, STS and SRX through 2009; Cadillac CTS wagon and CTS coupe in 2009; Two new rear-wheel-drive large cars in 2011."

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8RUMI3G1.htm
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,424
    Wonder if the CTS wagon replaces the slow-selling SRX?
  • thebugthebug Posts: 294
    avatards - I have already included the price of Y40 at $850 and Y41 at $2025 in my total cost. My question is as a package has the price changed? Generally, if grouped in a package the price is a little (in some cases a lot) less. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the two included items in PDR, Y42 and Y44 alone are more than the total of PDR. So it would be my guess (and hope) that the PDW is a little less than it would be as separate options.

thebug...
  • Although I don’t agree 100% with all its contents, but it’s the most unbiased review I’ve read so far, for a change, that cover the car from head to toes, and it doesn’t literary repeat what Cadillac was saying about the 08 CTS during the 07 NAIAS.

http://www.epinions.com/content_404023316100
  • This car was reviewed by the Washington Post in todays Sunday paper. They loved the car. Had NO bad things to say about it.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    must be the ad dollars at work. Why else would they praise this mediocre car? Oh wait, they probably just want you to buy American.
  • puckspucks Posts: 47
    I think quite well, since there's a huge "buy American" group out there.

Huh? Where exactly is this buy american group? China? Certainly not here in the states. If you've been watching GM's (or the big 3 in total)market share drop year after year, how do you come to that conclusion? The only people who but american nowadays are rental car companies. The average consumer buys anything BUT american.
  • bryanbryan Posts: 217
    I read that review by Warren Brown. I have a lot of respect for his reviews; he's usually spot on. He does seem to try to find some positive in his vehicle reviews. I purchased my '96 Olds LSS based on his glowing review, and he was exactly right--most enjoyable, trouble free car I had owned until that time. I will definitely consider the new CTS when I start shopping next spring for my next vehicle.

I also thought his article on the next page about Unions was accurate too.
  • ggurr54ggurr54 Posts: 30
    orang bodoh ini.
  • vic10vic10 Posts: 188
    For those who are currently driving one, how many have struck pavement or curves with the front air-dam/bumper? Ground clearance looked to be very minimum. I'd probably have to back into my driveway....
  • I have come very close to running that front skirt aground but so far, no damage. I did witness my dealer drive another one over a parking turtle, scraping the lower piece - no question you can't pull all the way in a parking space without risk of hitting a curb or parking barrier. An earlier post indicated there may be a problem with car wash wheel rails hitting the bumper.
  • cosmo13cosmo13 Posts: 31
    I have had my 2008 CTS since September 12th. Bumped into several high curbs and scratched the gray piece of plastic.
    The dealer told me that I could take some very fine sandpaper and knock the burrs off the edge of the plastic.
    Any other suggestions.
    I plan to have the car hand washed to avoid any brushes, clothes or other devices that might scratch or leave marks on the paint.

I ordered in June and my CTS was the first to be delivered from my dealer on September 12th.
  • Uggggh. I was soooo looking forward to this car and with the mostly glowing reviews, it seems the one complaint is the general porkiness of the car. 4100 pounds isn't class competitive, nor are mid 6 second zero to sixty times. I guess I had the fantasy of 335i type performance...

That said, this is one seriously good looking ride. I've only seen a few on the road so far and they are SUPER sharp looking. The interior looks amazing and i can only imagine what they'll do for the CTS-v. Contrast stitching on the dashboard, perhaps?

Big sales this month, too, from what I've read. This car has major hit written all over it.
  • Drive it, you'll buy it. Regardless of weight, it has giddy-up and is a solid, fun ride.
  • golfnut5golfnut5 Posts: 202
    I guess if there is six to eight inches of snow on the road you become a snow plow. I can visualize some hard snow and ice doing damage to the low front end. Only problem in the summer would be road kill in the center of your driving lane. :P
  • I have made special precautions as to not park too close to curbs since it is so low, however, as far as the carwash, after posting the original message about the clearance in the no touch carwash, I have since went into a couple touch carwashes and had not had any clearance issues with the air dam. Things seem to be going much better with me and the carwash lately! :)
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    GM wants people to use OnStar for handsfree calling instead of bluetooth.
    There is no benefit to GM in allowing you to use bluetooth when they offer Verizon with America's Choice Plan which is a revenue stream to The Company.
    If you want a new CTS, you have to do what GM wants you to do.
    jaxis1 - I read through the threads and a few people are so disappointed by not having Bluetooth in the new CTS. This is my situation. I have a Bluetooth earpeice, and I use two cell phones because of the number of daily calls (70-100/day). The problem is, that only one phone can be on at a time, because both phones will try to connect to the device at the same time resulting in neither connecting to the device.

If I had a Bluetooth device in the car, (in addition to the earpeice) I would have to change between the two devices every time I got in and out of the car. I'm in and out of the car up to fifteen times a day (I do emergency house calls) on a twenty hour shift, and sometimes more. During high call volume, it would truly be difficult to switch between devices, and not miss calls.

I'm actually glad that it doesn't have Bluetooth. The earpeice that I use is more than adequate (and preferred). Now, I don't know about the situation of others, but one device that can be taken with you is better in my view. It is truly essential that my hands are free to work while using the phone. The one I use has serious noise reduction, and is so lightweight and comfortable, that I have actually gone to bed still wearing it without realizing on a number of occasions.

In my case, I need a reliable device. Many of those installed by whoever don't seem to work properly anyway. Those that I know with BMW, Cadillac, and MB. I hear their complaints all the time, from dropped calls to lost or poor signals all day long. That would drive nuts. That being said, as always, each to his own.

thebug...
    I finally got the order printout. The order was done on 9/26/07. Not sure when it will arrive. Went without the sunroof (I don't do sunroofs). Couldn't get the nav system (no love loss there), because I went with the PDW package. So I have PDR and PDW both with all the said trimmings. The one available wood package B19, and upgraded to U2S and the highly polished 18" wheels as allowed, and of course black on black with the 304HP DI V6 and auto tranny.

Don't have a price for the PDW yet though. I going to guess at a total of $47,529 OTD. It is amazing how the dealer or no one else for that matter knows the price of the PDW package. My thoughts are because of the mystery in it all, it's only a package for selection/ordering purposes, (and to get around the computer ordering glitch) and will be itemized out as individual items and priced as such. Anyway, it's all good.

thebug...
  • beerme1beerme1 Posts: 66
    "Went without the sunroof (I don't do sunroofs). Couldn't get the nav system (no love loss there), because I went with the PDW package.

Don't have a price for the PDW yet though. I going to guess at a total of $47,529 OTD"

thebug

I can't see how this car would be that expensive without a sunroof, NAV and AWD. How is that possible?