Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• jgaffney1jgaffney1 Posts: 41
    Call GM...I agree...........
  • rspruittrspruitt Posts: 11
    Sounds like the dealer may have agreed to the terms without understanding the current GM programs. If so, this is a dealer issue and not GM's issue. Bottom line- the terms of your contract apply. I wouldn't accept anything but the deal you agreed to and would start looking into another dealership. This would not only give you another perspective, but also get the attention of the dealer you are walking away from. Good luck.
  • adnanzadnanz Posts: 10
    Dealer agreed, dealer is responsible...even if it means they take it out of their cut. Find a new dealer if you can...the problem is that generally the GM dealers are old school, and they don't go above and beyond in service. A car is a car, the CTS is a great car but what makes the difference is how the dealer is treating me and it's service department. Hope you get what your looking for...
  • sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Posts: 486
    First, you need to use the iPod cable provided by Cadillac (it should of come with the car). A normal iPod sync cable that Apple provides will not work and not allow the CTS to properly control the iPod. Also, the GM provided cable is a hydra...the 30 pin iPod connector has two connections on the other end...one is USB which the CTS uses for control of the iPod, the other is a standard 1/8 mini stereo jack for transport of the audio. Your CTS has connections in the center console for both USB and a mini-jack and the provided iPod cable plugs into both of them.
  • ajl1223ajl1223 Posts: 13
    Got my 2008 CTs out of the shop after 23 days..new cam and new head...2600 miles on it 4 months old.car is a lease...........now today the navigation screen went black goes to the shop tomorrow............anybody have this problem also????...........Finally go back to GM after 20 years.i probably will not go back after the lease is up
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Don't say you will by Toyota instead as the German company that makes the Nav which is used in the Lexus, Mercedes, and I hear a couple others beside GM is partly owned by T.
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    Anyone know why constraints have been placed on these two packages.
  • Does anyone out there have a ping at 20 mph with light accelaration? Even the GM Mech. is baffled. Simply because these cars do not ping. But this one is!!
    Note: using a heavy foot seems to either muffle the ping or just plain eliminate it. GM rep will follow up.
    AP
  • cptsullycptsully Posts: 18
    Thanks to all who replied about my iPod problem- I didn't realize I had to plug in both the USB port, AND the RCA jack. It works fine now, and sounds GREAT!

Thanks again!

:)
  • nathessnathess Posts: 11
    I purchased a set of side moldings from www.BrightTrim.com for my Crystal Red tintcoat CTS. Excellant match and took less than an hour to install. Cost about $130.
  • rcantwellrcantwell Posts: 77
    That's a bummer, sorry you are having so much trouble. Are you still considring going after them on the lemon law? Update on my car, it has about one thousand miles on it since the engine swap and everything is still going great. Of course that means the car only has about 2800 miles on it total, but it is running and getting much better mileage than it ever did with the orginal engine.
  • rcantwellrcantwell Posts: 77
    Good luck with the GM rep. My experience with my bad engine was that the GM rep was totally useless. He was 100% for GM and 0% for me. Had it not been for my local service manager finally taking a stand I would have not gotten my new engine, and I would be driving around in a new Cadillac with a patched up damaged motor.
  • mthmth Posts: 18
    Hey Chuck,

Sorry for the delay, I responded to this a while ago but something crashed along the way.

I finally found the code under the spare tire cover. I almost missed it as the sticker is a very similar color to the cover.

The paint is correct - GM WA 417P Kelava Gray is the same a Thunder Gray.......

Thanks again. I checked the site for the moldings and they look nice and are a great price. I asked them about color matched moldings for my '07 Grand Cherokee but they said no - they only make them for cars that come without molding from the factory.

Matt
  • lms2lms2 Posts: 2
    Hi All;

I've been lurking and reading the discussions here for a couple weeks and have learned a lot. I'm presently getting ready to replace my 04 Audi A6Q, and I'm seriously considering a CTS AWD. I'm down to chosing between the Caddy and the G35x (awd). I took a CTS for a 2 day test drive a week ago, and am doing the same with the G35 tomorrow. I have a couple CTS specific questions that I'm hoping you'll be able to answer. I'm looking at the DI Engine, AWD (MX7), Perf Collection (PDR), Bose/HD/USB connectivity (U2S).

1. I've seen a lot of debate about the rear seat room, specifically the height of the seat from the floor pan. Does anyone have an actual measurement? I didn't notice it being a problem when I had the car, but I didn't spend much time in the back. The car will occasionally have 4 people in it, 3 of them above six feet tall and long legged.

2. Related to #1 above, I'm hoping to gain some headroom by not getting a sunroof. The salesperson thinks, but is not sure, that I'll gain headroom with a sunroof delete, but I'll have to order a car. Does anyone know for sure? I'd hate to commit and order one and get an unpleasant surprise.

3. I like the Easy Key and Homelink that's part of the Luxury Level II package (Y41). I absolutely don't want the Premium Collection (PDQ) that includes Y41, and I don't want to get the Lux Level I (Y40) that comes with Lux Level II as part of PDW. The dealer seems confused about whether I can just get Lux Level II with the packages I mention above. Has anyone done this?

4. Re: pausing and rewinding live radio. If I'm surfing and hit an XM channel that's the middle of a song I like, can I rewind to the beginning (stuff I didn't hear), or can I only rewind what I have already heard?

5. Just amazed at no bluetooth phone pairing in a car of this class. The dealer mentioned a dealer installed option, probably aftermarket. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks!
  • osteoman2osteoman2 Posts: 26
    It is my understanding that any car built after 4/07/08 will have bluetooth option. This information came from cadillacforums.
    Ordered my car on 2/29/08 with PDR & PDW packages. Still no build date because of constraints on PDW. The economy is supposedly tanking, but GM can't produce my car.
  • I tried to order a White Diamond 08 CTS with DI Engine, Premium Luxury Collection, All Wheel Drive, 18” Performance Package, Polished Wheels and a Spare tire (all options). Total MSRP was $49,590. My only request was NO SUNROOF since they don’t build an opaque sunroof cover; the Dealer told me that the only way to get my order through if I remove the Navigation System from the order. I told him to contact me if he can get me the car that I want; I never heard from that Dealer again.

I’ve read many complaints in various message boards about the translucent sunroof and I thought Cadillac will do something about it sooner rather than later, the Dealer also said that he wish Cadillac would be more flexible so he won’t lose my deal or somebody else’s for that matter.

I’m not in a hurry for a new car; but I’ll definitely not buy it unless they fix the translucent sunroof, and it will be nice if they also add the Bluetooth option. I’ll wait for 2009 Model; otherwise I’ll look elsewhere.
    Any Cadillac can be ordered without a sunroof. Cadillac has a dealer order code called "sunroof delete". The code is R6G.

Currently some common item (?) in PDQ & PDW is not available. By the way, the spare tire is currently unavailable, too.
  • 150mphclub

According to my dealer, back in December 07, in order to have Primary Luxury Collection without the sunroof I’ll have to order Codes Y40, Y41, PDR and U2S (no navigation) and there is no other way around it. He said that I CAN NOT have the PDQ and Delete the Sunroof. I’m sure since then many things has been changed.

I did some research and I came up with the “Online Order / Reference Guide”

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm

According to the Reference Guide only 2007 CTSV has a code CFN (Sunroof, Delete) but I didn’t find “R6G” sunroof delete under the 2008 Model.

Please advise me for the website that shows code R6G (sunroof delete).

Thanks for the insight.
    I am sorry, but I cannot recall where I found the sunroof delete code R6G. Check with thebug. He says he ordered his CTS using the R6G code.

I rechecked the paperwork I have for my own order, which was placed on 2/29/07, and it uses the code CFN (sunroof not desired) for my 2008 CTS, Model 6DP69 3.6L V6 DI.

Sorry if I provided obsolete information.
  • caddygrlcaddygrl Posts: 2
    I don't know if you're still upset about the conquest program or not but I wanted to give you some information to hold on to. GM did not screw you, it has been reviewed and discussed in the past that customers will receive the current incentives at the time of delivery when an order is placed. The reason this makes the most sense is because, say you place an order and you get a great price from the dealer and then a new (better incentive) comes out, you're gonna want to take advantage of the new incentive right? If the dealer told you no you agreed to the price before the new incentive came out, you would go across the street to the next dealer and buy the car with the new incentive. Also, even though you signed the contract for the order you do not own the car until you drive off the lot. Dealers can tell you this but until you take delivery of the vehicle you are not committed to anything. I hope this helps your frustration some. You can blame the dealer who you placed the order with for not explaining this to you clearly but not GM because these have been the rules for years. I know I had a similar situation come up.
  • caddygrlcaddygrl Posts: 2
    Actually, it is not until 4/28/2008 - that is when the new models will have bluetooth in the packages. I am a Cadillac Dealer and received the notice from GM on Monday.
  • The second best seller in Color to Red was discontinued. I could never make sense of these decisions. Typical of an American manufacturer , If it sells...discontinue it,lol
    My order for a light platinum DI, which was placed on 2/29/08, supposedly has not yet been built due to constraints on the PDW package. Are you saying that when/if I get my car, it won't be the color I ordered?
  • This is what GM said:

Updates for 2008 CTS
    Week of 4/7/2008
    Effective 4/7/2008, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
    • Color and Trim section-Exterior color (67U) Light Platinum, added footnote #2 "No longer available for ordering.".

I don't think that they completely deleted the light platinum; I believe what they meant they‘re no longer accepting special order for that color starting 4/7/08.
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    This reminds me of my 1991 Buick Reatta. My Buick dealer had ordered one for their inventory. However the 1991 models were not put into production until they had as many orders as they could get. Buick was advertising a rebate on non-existant Reatta's though. I agreed to take the Reatta that was ordered if I could be sure of getting the rebate. My dealer got Buick to agree that the rebate should be mine since there was no way to get a Reatta until they were finally put into production.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    The first iteration of the 2009 GM order guide has just been published at;

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm

It is not complete. :confuse:
  • ral1960ral1960 Posts: 74
    I hope you (and everyone else) complained long and hard to your salesman about the mess GM has made with their option packages. The dealers probably hate it, too, but somehow GM HQ has to get the message. You pay that much for a car, you should be able to get it the way you want it, not what's convenient for them. Some of us stayed with American cars in their lean years for that flexibility.

I sat in a G35 at a car show in February. Rear seat room was terrible--even worse than the 328 as I recall, though I didn't get my foot stuck in the footwell as with that car. The sunroof will steal some headroom front & rear, which was my problem with the CTS back seat. Legroom was ok, the smaller (compared to 07), curved seatback helped actual and visual kneeroom, don't remember noticing that it was too close to the floor.
  • No deletions allowed to Equipment Groups.

Equipment Groups: PDQ CTS Premium Collection, includes:
    (Y40) Luxury Level One Package,
    (Y41) Luxury Level Two Package,
    (Y42) 18" (45.7 cm) All-Season Tire Performance Package,
    (Y44) Seating Package,
    (UAV) audio system with navigation,
    (C3U) Ultra View sunroof,
    (B19) Wood Trim Package,
    (B20) Wood Trim Package and
    (P63) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x20.3 cm) aluminum wheels with high-polished finish

This is what I want with the exception of the cheesecloth sunroof cover. But GM message is, IF YOU DON’T LIKE TO BAKE YOUR HEAD in sunny California, Nevada, Florida….etc, GO TAKE A HIKE.

I was hoping that in 2009 CTS GM will either add a traditional Sunroof, or allow their best paying customers to buy a car without the undesirable sunroof design. It’s very bad decision from GM.

GM! You lost it, and you’re about to lose me too, along with the high percentage of your big spending customers who accept nothing but every option you offer, and they also wish to have their head fully covered from the sun when they don’t need it..