Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• knotemknotem Posts: 62
    I need and advice, please!

I knew that I can nock down $3k to $4k from the MSRP price, or pay from $0 to $500 above invoice and get the 2008 CTS, but I don’t know how to deal on the Employee Purchase plan.

A dealer has RWD CTS with all options on his website:
    MSRP $48,420. After Employee Purchase Plan $42,812 - $2,000 Manufacturing rebate for 2008 model = $40,812. It’ll cost me $37,312 + tax and license when I take off the $3,500 GM MasterCard credit discount.

All dealers in California have similar price deal on their websites

I believe it’s a great price. My question is can I still make a deal with the dealer below the GM Employee Purchase Plan?

Does anyone on this board bought any GM car in the past with an Employee Purchase Plan below the Plan price.

Thanks
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    You can't.

Read all the fine print on your GM Mastercard. I do not believe your credits can be used with the Employee Purchase Plan.

I also believe the Employee Purchase Plan is in lieu of all rebates.

In other words--the Employee Purchase Plan IS the rock bottom price.

If anyone knows differently, please cite your sources when you reply.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Thats not true. Can't get through to the Caddy site but at the Chevy site for example the Trailblazer is $28490, employee price is $26005 minus $6000 total cash back for a price of $20005 plus options. Also I am a GM retired and I always use my GM Mastercard monies on a new GM purchase. Look here: http://www.cadillac.com/currentoffers/?zip=48911 So I would recheck your facts before posting.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,533
    "Does anyone on this board bought any GM car in the past with an Employee Purchase Plan below the Plan price. "

I bought a GM vehicle in 2005, the last time they offered a
    "Employee Price To All" program".

The dealer a ( $49 over invoice ) fixed price dealer in NC took
    an additional $300 off the employee price - that was approx $23K,
    as I recall.

Good luck!
    - Ray
    Drove a 2009 CTS this week, loaded, still not sufficiently impressed,
    even at Employee Price - of over $6K off.....
  • As someone who is a current GM 'family' employee, I qualify for the GM employee pricing, and purchased my 2008 CTS in this fashion.

I don't believe it's possible to negotiate a price lower than this. It is possible to use rebate dollars from your GM Card to get additional $$ off, but....this is not the result of any negotiations you can do.

GM also offers low financing rates, and those can be combined with the lower purchase price to reduce your monthly payments (for those of us who purchase).
  • is there any aftermarket headrests for the new CTS with adjustment other than up down? :D
    If you are a GM employee or family member who is entitled to the GMS price it is best to buy in the first part of the model run giving a month or two for the rebates to come into being. Why because the car costs the same in sept. as it does the following Aug. It's possible a bigger rebate may come along at the end of the run but in most cases it won't match what you have been paying for those 10 or 11 months plus you are driving a brand new current model car, not a year old one. As in any case there can be exceptions to the rule.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    I don't know of anyone making a replacement headrest, but my solution is a small pillow or bolster that hangs from the headrest posts and sits behind my shoulders. This moves my head forward about two inches away from the headrest. I am much more comfortable this way.
  • sandy25sandy25 Posts: 65
    In addition to the employee discount on both the 2008 and 2009, Cadillac is offering a $2000 rebate on the 2008. Since this is the end of the model year does it make more sense to spend the extra $2k and get the 2009 when you cosnider the eventual trade-in value?
  • traderjtraderj Posts: 39
    I am also currently shopping the CTS and I asked the manger at the Cadillac dealership that exact question. He told me that you also have to take into account that there has been a price increase for the "09 of approx $1100-, so in effect, you are actually paying $3,000- less for the '08. If you trade it in 3-4 years what will the difference in value be? I don't know. Is $3000- reasonable? Maybe!
    Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
    If it is only 2K difference than yes but other poster said there is a 1100 price increase over the 08. In that case I'd say no unless there was something major on the 09 that you couldn't get on the 08 leftover.
  • I was at my local dealer last Sunday just looking around. They had an 09 sitting outside equipped very similiar to mine. Of course I couldn't get in it, but I took my time and looked it over closely. The only difference I could see from my 08 was the onstar/satellite radio antenna was color keyed to the car.
    There may be some othr changes that aren't apparent unless you are actually driving and using the car.
    My point is that is you can get a good enough deal on an 08 that you like I would buy it over the 09. I know they are offering GM employee pricing and some cash back, and I think I have also seen 0% interest. If all these can be combined, then it might make sense to purchase the 08 if there are any equipped to your satisfaction.
    rayainsw, dmathews3, 150mphclub and all board members

Thank you for answering my questions about the CTS Employee deal and helping me understand more about the latest CTS offer.

I just bought a fully loaded 2008 white diamond RWD CTS, DI engine with premium luxury collection, 18” performance package, and polished wheels. .
    MSRP = $48,420.00
    Employee Plan = $42,812.38
    GM rebate = - $2,000.00
    GM World card credit = - $3,537.57
    Net price before Tax, License and fee = $37,274.81
    So, from $48,420 + $250 spare tire (the dealer put a purchase order for me as a bonus per my request) = 48,670 I paid 37,274.81 = $11,395.19 saving + 0.9% financing for 3 years. I would estimate roughly as $15,000 saving from MSRP + 0.9% financing.
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    fantastic deal
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    I think it is very difficult to say what difference there might be. However, looking at the median price of used CTS's on cars.com, the 2004's are about $17,000-$17,500; 2005's are about $20,500 and the 2006's are $22,000.
  • sandy25sandy25 Posts: 65
    Looks to me like it would be a wash.
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    the median price of the 2007's seem to run between $23,000 and $24,000 depending on 2.8 or 3.6 V6. What I see is that the 2004's are less, but depreciation seems to run about $1000 to $2000 per year on 2005's and newer. The big drop in value is the first year.

If you buy a 2008 now you should get a good deal on one. A dealer should not be making great deals on 2009 models until they have no 2008's left. The dealer is still making something on the employee price so there is room for negotiation.
  • motorcity6motorcity6 Posts: 427
    Nice buy!!!!

One question----according to the GM credit card earnings guidelines the max. allowance on a CTS is $1000..I have a World card, however I am getting a different run around than I see posted on your thread..Curious as to how your earning total was about $2900 over the limit..Good deal..
  • nathessnathess Posts: 11
    In reply to message# 2556, I used my GM "World" Master Card when I purchased my 2008 CTS and got $3,800 off the best dealer price.
    There are many GM cards, the one I have is 7 years accumulated earnings toward a purchase of any GM car without "earnings guidelines". Some cards are set depend on the kind of vehicle you purchase, mine is a very old GM MasterCard, and I think that GM stopped issuing that card for new applicants.
  • motorcity6motorcity6 Posts: 427
    I used the card earnings on a 2002 Olds Intrigue in 11/02, and started from zero earning, however during the interim period I forgot to read the "fine print" and got surprised..A stripped STS is a better deal at this time, however, I don't think they have produced enough STSs to correct some of it's flaws, nor does GM give a hoot.

2009 model year will see lots of giveaways and scrambling to move inventory, so pricing will be crushed..My 2006 Pontiac GPGT S/C 260hp will suffice until the right moment.

Thanks to all!!!
    My wife drives a 07 STS our 3rd, and the only problem with it has been the built in GPS which by the way is made in Germany and is partly owned by Toyota. I just wonder how many STS's you have owned that gives you the personal knowledge on how well they are built.
    My new CTS has the front license plate riveted by the dealer between the upper and the lower grilles. It ruins the looks of the grille. I’m thinking of asking the dealer to remove it, and then I’ll mount it lower by turning the bracket upside down, using 2 small toggle bolts from the auto parts or a hardware store to mount it under the grille.

I need a second opinion, if anybody has done that kind of work.

Thanks
    Just read this in my local Lansing paper. GM to close the Lansing Grand River Plant for one week and when it comes back to work it will be at a slower pace. This plant builds the CTS's STS's and the SRX crossover. They said the CTS was selling real well but the older STS and SRX have taken a drop in sales. Don't know how this will affect those of you who have a CTS on order but good luck. I'm guessing once the coupe comes on line things will speed back up.
  • traderjtraderj Posts: 39
    I live in Florida which does not have a front license plate. However, when I went to get my STS, My dealer had installed the front license plate bracket and put in an advertising plate for the dealership. The front lisence plate bracket looks bad on the STS, and I agree with you that it looks terrible on the CTS. Anyway, I told my dealer I would not complete the deal, that I wanted a differnt car. He offered to remove it, fix the holes and repaint the bumper. I agreed and it turned out like new.
    The only way you are going to fix the holes that are in your bumper is to have the whole bumper repainted. And, since you have already taken delivery, you don't have any leverage on the dealer.
    traderj,
    Thank you for replying to my post.
    Front license plate in California is the law and if I don't have it I'll be harassed by the California Highway Patrols. Due to the bad economy the cops started to strictly enforce that law for financial reason.
    Two months ago my daughter had a ticket for her 350Z after 3 years of driving without front license plate, then a couple of weeks later her friend has a ticket, it's a $130.
    I think if I turn the license plate bracket upside down the License Plate will be under the Grille which is acceptable and probably the upper 2 holes on the bumper will be hidden by the bracket.
    You won't be harassed, you will be ticketed for violating the law.

I believe the reason for the stricter enforcement of the front license plate law is the increasing use of automatic intersection cameras and the use of automatic speed radar and cameras.
  • I bought a red 2008 Cadillac CTS with PDQ, 18" wheel summer package, the price was $40,575 after the $2000 rebate and the Employee Plan. The dealer didn't accept any lower price than the Plan price.
    The Window Sticker doesn't mention 6 DISC CD PLAYER, but since PQD has Y41 included, I think it should have 6 DISC CD.
    I tried to insert a second CD I couldn't do it. The book said press the insert key; I don’t think I have that key.
    Does anyone have CTS with PDQ package?
    Does it come with 6 DSC CD PLAYER, or a single one?

Thank you for the insight.
  • arby1arby1 Posts: 83
    The insert key is the button you pressed before you inserted the first cd, you spoke of .
    Your car has a single disc player. The navigation system does not come with a 6 disc changer. You have a hard drive with the navigation system. You can copy the contents of your CD's and DVD's to the hard drive to play back later.