Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• jentonjenton Posts: 2
    I habe an 08 cts major electrical problems been at the dealer now for 23 days, got back car shut down while driving, again im told it will be a while we have alot of issues with the cts, anyone else having issues :lemon: :sick: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • arby1arby1 Posts: 83
    I sure hope that they are giving you a loaner .
  • nathessnathess Posts: 11
    So far I have not had a problem. Just passed 9,000 miles. This sounds like a computer problem. If not resolved quickly, I would call GM service and complain.
  • I finally had to let it go. Good bye CTS4 DI. I could not take another day of warranty work for a car that has so much promise. When the service report told me that I had to have XM radio hooked up and OnStar hooked up to make my voice recognition work, when they were hooked up, I had to put my hands up. I found out after 3 trips to service, the factory never hooked up the wiring for the voice rec. Then after 4 trips for my sunroof, and having to go back for another, I could not go there any longer. Our DTS has had only one problem and after 60k, our HUMMER was faultless (until it was totaled but replaced with the same). Say hello to GLK 4-matic. Quiet, better seating, same price, no blind spots, dead pedal in the correct spot, no scraping of the front air dam, better sound system, more storage, better bluetooth, altimeter, cornering lamps, better mileage (although on 91). The nav is not as intuitive, but the Teleaid vs OnStar has more features, like the Save and Send.
    The GLK is not as pretty to look at, although cute.
    I feel there is better out there right now for the same amount of money as the CTS. Your decision.
    Also, I bought one of the first CTS4's out. I took a major depreciation hit, not just because of the 20k miles, but because GM's employee pricing, plus plus plus.....and filling up rental cars one after another because the service department could not get it right, well, gave me the excuse to finally go un-American. Right now, it's worth it. I hope Mercedes can get it right and keep it that way. And,,,,,,, no way will I ever go Japanese....

Happy Trails
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,676
    You need to post your story in the UAW topic...address it to rocky... ;) ;)
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    pls come back in 6-8 months and let us know how the GLK is doing.....isnt that model an SUV?????

my only turn off to MB is their required 10K or 12 month service interval which must be performed by an authorized MB dealer....and the associated high costs....a normal oil change was well over $100 in my area by a 'authorized" MB maintenance facility........

I know the argue that anyone can do an oil change as long as the use the right spec stuff.....but I dont give a dealer anything to complain about me not meeting OEM specs when I still have a warranty in effect.....just my opinion

I certainly dont blame you for getting out of the CTS....first MY cars can also be a gamble.......
  • cafpafcafpaf Posts: 65
    I have a 2008 Black CTS that is almost perfect. It is 9 months old but has one small irritant that drives me "around the bend." It has a slight vibration in the real package shelf when going over small bumps or expansions joints etc. while at speeds slower than 35 mph. Either the shelf itself is loose or there is something hitting the underside. I understand that there is a TSB that deals with this issue but I am unable locate anywhere on the web that lists the TSBs let alone show one what they actually say. I am told that the number is 09-08-44-003. Is there anyone out there that can tell me where to find this information or who can provide it for me? Your help will be sincerely appreciated. I am off the the dealer next week for their third attempt at this issue and want to be armed properly. Thanks again!
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    "real package shelf"

I have been driving for 50 years, and I have never heard that term. To what are you referring?

Many vehicle noises seem to come from a specific location when they are actually being transferred from a different location. For instance, my 2009 CTS seemed to have a light tapping in the left rear door at speeds lower than 35 mph. I found it myself. The battery cable was vibrating against some plastic in its enclosure. I put a small piece of foam weather stripping on the plastic where the cable was touching. Voila! Problem solved.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    I think he meant REAR package shelf, the area under the rear window and behind the rear seat.

This area should NEVER be used to store anything as in a quick stop, such as an accident, anything on this shelf will become a missile aimed at the back of everyone's head.
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    Most likely it's actually the speakers in the rear deck that are vibrating. Oh, and I second this - maybe a cloth to keep the sun from fading it, but stuff never goes there - it blocks your view and will hit you in an accident.
  • Thanks, I will.....I even had to take the car in 6 times for one issue when it was new.
    All the dealer's problem though.

J
  • cafpafcafpaf Posts: 65
    As indicated, I mean the REAR shelf. Sometimes my fat fingers get the best of me when typing and in this case spell check did not help. In any event, I have determined that it is not the rear speaker. It is either the shelf of something under it that makes the noise. I have tried to fix it myself without success.

Does anyone have a handle of the TSB I mentioned earlier. #090844003? Or does anyone know of a source that has this information? Thanks!
  • I have the same problem. I took the car in and they replaced the rear shelf as well. I still have a problem with the vibration sound. To me it sound like the speaker and subwoofer vibrate and then transfer the sound to the cabin. I figure I will bring the car to another cadillac dealership to see if they can figure it out.
  • I have have my CTS for about 6 months. Currently 7K on the car. After about 700 miles my front brakes would squeek as if the metal was hitting metal. The dealership said that it is normal for these high performance breaks to do that; although they could stop the brakes from squeeking by doing a service for $99 on them. Has anyone else had this problem?? By the way I told them to stick the service.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    I have a new CTS that I have had for three months. I have 2,500 miles. I have no squeaking; the brakes are quiet. That special service should be warranty and would be at some Cadillac dealers. They would just have to write it up in a certain way. I am sure my dealer in Nashville would take care of that for me. That is just not normal.
  • ckullingckulling Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how the 08 CTS with RWD handles in the snow? I live in Michigan and am considering buying a 2008 Cadillac CTS with RWD, but I was warned it would handle terrible. Any input would be great.
  • cosmo13cosmo13 Posts: 31
    I have a 2008 CTS with AWD and DI. In CT. we had one of the severest winters with plenty of snow and my CTS did very well in the snow and ice.
    With any vehicle you still have to drive safe.
  • cosmo13cosmo13 Posts: 31
    I just realized you were looking at RWD not AWD.
    My daughter has my 2004 CTS with RWD and lives in CT. She has been driving the car for 2 winters.
    My check engine light came on at 12,500 miles . I tried filling the car up with gas three times to see if it would go away, but id did not . Took it to the dealer . I need a new timing chain. It will take two weeks to get the part . I was told that it is a common problem. Several cars ahead of me are waiting for the part. Did this happen to any one else? Will it reduce my horse power? I have the DI engine , RWD.
    When I play a CD for a while , I hear a hum, which I think comes from the CD spinning in the radio housing . Wind noise obliterates it , but in stop and go traffic, I hear it . Any one else hears this?
  • jrceejrcee Posts: 6
    I have heard this also. I'm puzzled why it sometimes makes a noise, but sometimes it doesn't. Before I got my CTS, I had a Buick Enclave and the CD player in that would sometimes make a similar noise. It always stopped when I ejected the disc.
    A new timing chain at 12,500 miles???...and with a few folks ahead of you???...wouldn't this be a major design flaw in the bulletproof CTS???...can't GM do ANYTHING right???
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    I guess you could say the same thing about Toyota when they brought out their big truck and had problems with the whole engine blowing up or now they are buying back some of those big trucks because the frame has rusted so bad to make them unsafe on the road. I can see a bad timing belt once in a while but frames rusting out. Come on that plain sucks with stupidity. :lemon: :lemon:
  • Another A frame leak from the sunroof. The headliner is dripping and the water is pouring out the bottom of the dashboard. we know its made like crap but they cant even fix it on the third try. Im so glad this 49G lease will be going back. No wonder they face bankruptcy. Buy foreign
    I see your point...but you mentioned timing belt, the first poster said timing chain...I guess I see chains as sturdier than belts...but I do not know what the engine actually has...
    sounds like the drain is plugged or the hose pulled lose and it also sounds liike you need to find a dealer that knows how to fix things right the first time.
    I think may have been a slip of the keyboard on my part but timing chain or belt they both preform the same function and shouldn't distract from the meaning of my post.
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Posts: 70
    But what is the meaning? That because Toyota sucks, Cadillac doesn't?
    I realize what you meant...what I meant was that I can see how a rubber belt might break a lot easier than I can understand a chain breaking...but, I guess, one bad link...if you will, the weakest link and the chain breaks...

I would simply suppose that a belt would fail faster than a chain...but if something is defective, it could be made of titanium and it would not matter...