Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Cadillac CTS

Comments

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,288
    edited March 2010
    This will be my first Caddy and I'm psyched about it.

Most people have really enjoyed their CTSs. There were some issues the first couple of years with differentials, and one of the engines tends to use some oil. Given that most people never check their oil, once an engine is a quart low, the second one goes much faster and the third quicker yet. Before long, the engine's toast.

Check your oil regularly & I bet you'll enjoy the car for many many miles.

Good luck. :)
  • jrceejrcee Posts: 6
    Sounds like a great deal. Just look at the trunk lid and it should have an emblem that says 3.6 Direct Injection. I have a 2009 red CTS with pretty much everything and it sounds like this one does too. I love mine. I've had it for 14 months and have 12k miles on it. No problems other than a couple of minor technical service bulletins. Go for it. :shades:
  • bryanbryan Posts: 217
    I recall seeing that emblem now that you mention it. Not sure about all the equipment/options on the car, but I'll try and get a print out of that from the selling/leasing dealership. It appears to be pretty much loaded, other than no navi or 6-CD changer. From a distance, car is beautiful in the red with the chrome wheels; you have to get fairly close to see the scrapes. Once its repaired...it should really shine!

I appreciate the encouragement, and look forward to driving it.
  • bryanbryan Posts: 217
    I appreciate the advice. The selling/leasing dealership has a stellar reputation for repair work. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the oil. About 75-80 percent of my driving is highway, so I normally change oil between 4-5K miles. I am good about regular service on my cars, and the Caddy will be no exception.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to lots of seat time.
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    Just make 1000% sure that it's got a clear title. Otherwise it'll be worthless down the road and they'll play games with you.
  • The split iPod cable for my 2008 Cadillac CTS is wearing out and does not connect everytime. The car has 40,000 miles and the iPod is connected and disconnected 2 to 6 times a day. How can I acquire a new one? The dealer was not able to get one for me and suggested I try the Internet. I've been unable to find one anywhere.
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    This is common with many cars due to vibration and wearing connectors. They wear out quickly. The best fix that I know of is a simple velcro strap to tie it down in place securely.
  • Just bought a 2008 CTS 4 with 5300 and a GM 36000 3yr bumper to bumper warranty anything to look out for? Is the AWD a really good thing in winter? Also goin to put on Contintel 235/50/18 tire after shoppin aruond they seem the best.Live in Chicago lots of snow
    Thankx all
  • The all wheel drive is actually a good thing on that car The warranty will save your savings Good move

To bad on my 08 CTS the drive shaft fell out. After 2 suits with GM and 34 actual documented breakdowns, i am out. Between myself and my Dad we had 15 Cadillacs over the last 30 years. I will always be a cadillac lover. But truthfully Gm went bankrupt way before this crash. 100 years and we still cant make it right here in America. I bought an Infiniti and when i sit it and drive it i say" now why couldnt we make a car like this in America"? and even more sad its the best move i ever made.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,550
    I am a bit confused by the "GM 36000 3yr bumper to bumper warranty" statement.
    Caddy in 2008 [ like now ] has a B2B 4\50,000 wty.

"Basic: 4 yr. / 50,000 mi.
    Drivetrain: 5 yr. / 100,000 mi."

And only 5,300 miles on a 2008?
    Odd...
  • My drive shaft fell out back in October and they couldnt get one until December!
    I refused to pay my 2 months payment and they put me in collections.......I then paid and fought with those [non-permissible content removed] for months....in the end they gave me one month payment back.

ALSO...when the car was ready 2 months later...it had been hit in the dealership so back to the dealers body shop it went.....Lucky I noticed the quarter panel the day I picked it up or they would have never believed me.

I had 2 caddys....I have one left. This one goes back in Feb and I'm getting a JEEP.
    Screw Caddy....they really blew every opertunity to make things right.

I didnt cause the drive shaft to fall out.....
    They said it was never tightened when installed.
    I didnt cause the 2 month parts back up.....and hit my car....and tell me to pound salt when I asked for my two months car payment.

They can go jump in a lake..
  • im sorry 53000 miles not 5300 its a gm warranty bump-bump 36000 or 3 yrs 100.00 deduct says i can bring to any GM bought it from a Chevy dealer any BAD things to look forward to? i figured most of what would go wrong probaly has,the carfax shows 1st ownner took it to Caddy for all the maint till now when he traded for a Vette
  • Thanks for the info,sorry for you.Can you tell me the mileage when it started to go bad? My post said 5300 miles its 53,000 miles and i LOVE Caddye too! I was one of the idiots!!!!!!!!!!! that bought the diesel in 1980 talk about a nitemare! Send shivers down my neck!
  • Does anyone know how to get a nav manual? Caddy doesnt seem to want to help
    Thanks
  • Write to:

Helm, Incorporated
    P.O. Box 07130
    Detroit, MI 48207

Or call:

1-800-551-4123

The bar code on the back of the 2008 CTS Navigation System Manual is

25813124 B

Good luck.
  • Does anyone know how to tell if a 2008 CTS has bluetooth installed. I have a late 2008 which was built at about the time that bluetooth was made standard but there is no identification that bluetooth is built in.
  • Has anyone had any issues with rattling speakers? It almost sounds like the speaker is blown, but it's not. I already took it to one dealership (they were less than helpful) and they said that a lot of customers have had the issue but they can't pinpoint the problem. Great!

Has anyone had this fixed and if so what did they do? Thanks so much!!

2008 CTS DI owner :)
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,125
    Hello Pony00,
    How long have you had this concern? Do you currently have a case and if so, what is the case number? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • live in saskatchewan in canada and we get a lot of snow, first winter we did not have winter tires on our 04 cts and the rsa's were scary. next winter put on a set of michelin xice 2, now enjoy driving in winter, totally changed.
  • 1 last ? for you great people.I have the performance pkg in my 2008 their 235/50/18 i live in Chicago with some bad snow and ice,been checking and it seems the Continentel DWS is the best tire for all season performance.Any input on that or other brands? Thanks you people have been very helpful to me
    Al
  • K9WillK9Will Posts: 26
    k9will here these cars have way to much horsepower to ever be a good snow driving car, but if snow type tires change it that much you might want to give them a try.( note) I is was a tire dealer for 25 yrs. and these cts's put the power to the back wheels instantly i would think they would over power any type of traction tire they make, our one that you could stand the sound of inside the car. But they sure are great blacktop cars.
  • The high performance summer tires that typically come standard on sport sedans like the CTS are all going to be lousy in wet/snowy conditions. Check out the reviews and test results for a good, high performance, all weather tire at tirerack.com
    Secondly, seclect a relatively narrow tire. A wider tire, great for clear, dry roads, distributes the weight of the vehicle over a large area. A narrower tire concentrates the weight of the vehicle in a smaller area, increasing traction on wet and slippery roads.
    Lastly, how powerful a car is has very little to do with how it drives in inclement weather, but may have a great deal to do with how your drive it!
  • K9WillK9Will Posts: 26
    you could be right i need to ck out the new tread designs for these lower profile tires, than maybe i can get my cts out storage and put my all wheel drive explorer back in its place.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Yeah a good set of snow tires will change drastically how any car handles in snow, especially an AWD one.

-mike
  • bekins2bekins2 Posts: 29
    i have a 2008 with a extended warranty one of my tailights went out they want 700.00 to replace it the brake and turnsignal work,just not the tailight.The service advisor said this is common and bulbs cant be replaced cause its a sealed unit.Its noy covered under the warr! To me with there being NO damage crack etc...this is outrageous! Cant there be a cheaper way?
    Thanks Al Mandel
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    How many miles do you have on the car, and did you buy it new. Is your extended warranttee from GM or an aftermarket inssurer?

The brake, turn signal and running lights are one unit of led lights. If only the running lights are out and the other two work it sounds to me like a connector problem, and not the lights.

I don't know what is covered if you have an aftermarket warranttee but the GM warranttee is advertised as a 4 year bumper to bumper warranttee. If the dealer wont fix it at no cost call the Cadillac district office. If they don't give you satisfaction take them to small claims court.
  • bekins2bekins2 Posts: 29
    It has 65000 on it the warranty is a GM aftermarket warr as in can only take it to GM.A friend pulled the light out and water poured out the assembly.Yet there was no crack in the lens itself at all.Bit instead of GMs 700.00 i found a new one on ebay for 125.00 Thanks for your response by connector do you me on the lens plug or the plug the lens goes into.And as said my friend can find no leakage at all.
  • I have a CTS luxury collection. How much PSI of air are you all using in your tires?

When I brought the new car home from the dealer, the tires has 29 PSI and the ride was very smooth. After noticing from the On-Star report that the tires should have 35 PSI, I added more air and now the ride is somewhat less smooth. I'm wondering if the dealer purposely had the tires underinflated so that the ride was better during the test drive?