Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vibration Defect in 2006 4WD Honda Pilots

1235»

Comments

• I'm having this exact same problem with my 06 pilot. Did you ever find the cause?
  • I just got a 2014 2WD Honda Pilot and detected the vibration shortly after getting on the freeway. The vibration occurs between 75-95 mph. Went to the dealer, they said one tire was out of balance. However, while slightly better, the vibration is still there. I also hear the low pitch noise, which I believe it comes from the overdrive.

• capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 792

It's possible that one (or more) of the tires are "out of round". I put that phrase in quotes because it's a bit more complicated than that.

But it's also possible it is something else.

So do you feel the vibration through the steering wheel or through the seat? Rotate the tires front to rear and see if you get a change. That will help determine if the problem is in the tires (or wheels) or somewhere else.

• verybeegverybeeg Posts: 13

I have a 2009 4WD. I had the same vibration problem 2 years ago. After getting new tires and alignment (from Firestone), the problem went away. Last week I took the car into local dealer for 60k service, and the vibration comes back when I go up to 70MPH. I called the service tech and he said Honda doesn't recommend alignment on my car. He asks me to bring it back it but with work, I don't have to time. If it won't cause any other issues, I'd just have to live with it. This is the first time I own a car for longer than 3 years, and I've been very happy with the car except for this issue.

• mattcat12mattcat12 Posts: 1

I purchased a certified used 2011 touring Pilot with 23k miles on it and it had Michelin tires on it. I was getting the car maintained prior to a trip to NH, 2 tires were bad, had Firestone tires put on, didn't really feel any issues, then I started to notice the vibration at 70mph. Took to local Honda dealer, 2 front bushings were leaking and replaced under warranty, still no help. after several alignments, wheel balancing, new rotors, pads in the front, I had Firestone upgrade the tires to Bridgestones, no help..... 70mph, vibration happens, feels like the balancing is out, but they do all the same things, road force balance etc. Made a trip to IN took it to a dealership in Fishers IN and the service person had the front end checked out again, nothing wrong, he did suggest going back to the Michelines.... right now , cannot afford to do it, taking car back to Firestone for additional balancing, etc. I hope the previous posts about the stabilizing kits have been used on a Pilot that is close to the same model as mine. Look forward to anyone that has the same issue, and had a fix that worked!

1235»