Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Uplander Audio System

axiombobaxiombob Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Chevrolet
I have recently purchased an 06 Chevy Uplander LT and like it very much. I have just discovered however that upgrading the stock audio system is a very BIG deal and that it looks like I will have to live with the standard AM/FM/CD system that came with the vehicle.

Adding aftermarket XM satellite radios, amp(s) and even speakers is proving very difficult due to the 9 module LAN system that is used. Has anyone in this forum had the same experiece and how did they deal with it. Regards Axiom Bob
·

Comments

• stanyhstanyh Posts: 4
    For all whom would like to upgrade their audio system in the Uplander, it is simply not recommended.

There are 6 computers in the Uplander, and the audio system is on a fast network bus. Simply adding an amplifier and a subwoofer can bring problems due to ground loops. Damage to any of the 6 computers would not be covered by GM.

The audio system is not bad, but its not great either. Replacing the radio means loosing On Star, door chimes, and many other accessories.

Best
    ·
  • does anyone have a part number or model number for the dvd system for the 2006 uplander. We are going on a trip and I am looking to buy wireless headphones. I have found some on ebay, but not sure they will work. Can anyone help with this. Thank you
    ·
  • thank you, I hope they work
    ·
  • do you know if the 2006 accepts infrared wireless? That's what the seller asked. If not where do I look to find out? Thank you
    ·
  • YES mine is a 2006
    ·
  • mlevreaultmlevreault Posts: 1
    i can't seem to get my wireless headphones to work and i've replaced in batteries. is there a button to press to make them work?
    ·
  • mburkeymburkey Posts: 1
    DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MOVE DVD PLAYER THAT IS ON RAIL SYSTEM?
    ·
  • crkeehncrkeehn Posts: 513
    Certain of the pods are fixed and don't move. The DVD player is one of them.
    ·
  • A tip for everyone ... I have a 2006 Montana SV6 ... Every so often the DVD player will stop accepting DVDs or will refuse to eject a DVD. To reset the system I have found pulling Fuse 4 and then inserting Fuse 4 in the dash fuse panel will "reboot" the car's operating system and DVD player so that my problem goes away. Cheaper than paying the dealer $100 to do the same thing.
    ·
  • crkeehncrkeehn Posts: 513
    Where is the fuse panel? I have a 2005 Saturn Relay. I have tried to locate the fuse panel which the manual indicates is on the passenger side, under the "instrument panel." The only thing I can see on that side is a fiberboard panel.
    ·
  • Open the right front passenger door. On the side of the dash there is a panel pull-out which hides the fuse box. (There's another fuse box under the hood.)
    ·
  • My kids have broken the DVD system in my Chevy Uplander and am wondering if anyone knows where I could get a used one. New ones are crazy expensive.
    ·
  • cpneffcpneff Posts: 1
    The DVD player on my 2006 Uplander has stopped playing video. The player itself reads the DVD's and the audio is fine but the screen is completely blank. I've played with the fuses and that's about all. Any suggestions?
    ·
  • ann5088ann5088 Posts: 2
    Look on ebay they always have them on there. Good luck. :) :)
    ·
  • swwoodswwood Posts: 1
    Just picked this vehicle up, and the rear entertainment system audio (factory) works perfectly through headphones, but will not play through main speakers - either DVD or AUX. The input source shows on the dashboard unit, but no audio comes through. If anyone has any suggestions, I will be very grateful. Will the fuse#4 re-set suggestion work?
    Thanks
    ·
This discussion has been closed.
Chevrolet Uplander Audio System - Car Forums at Edmunds.com