Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007+ Infiniti G35

patpat Posts: 10,421
Let's talk about the new G35 sport here!

Comments

• guruggurug Posts: 24
    Background:
    leased a 06 g35 coupe while i wait to purchase the new 08 coupe.

Firstly:

The MSRP on a similarly equipped 06 model is around $2000 less. So we are definitely going to end up paying more for this new model. (not even accounting for that current models r going for atleast 2500 under invoice). So lets say i add the add the navigation and rear view monitor, it comes very near the bmw mark of 335i coupe costing 45k with nav but bmw also includes the service and maintainance. this really starts to get away from the infiniti value proposition.

Secondly:

Where is the damn flash card reader and built in hdd for mp3s. The official brochure infiniti sent me for the 07s had the flash card reader in the picture (but no mention of the hdd). In the edmunds article pictures (or write-up) the flash card reader is no where to be found (or mentioned).

Thirdly:

Why can you not get the paddle shifters without the sports tuning. Not everyone needs the sports tuning.
  • I just read the C&D online article about the 335i (turbo) coupe, and it gushes over the ride/handling compromise. Plans are to build a sedan as well. 300 hp/300 ft/lbs.; just as fast as the outgoing M. (4.9 0-60!) Sport suspension is standard, automatic with paddle shifters is available.

It makes for a good comparo, but... Hard to believe that this "harsh riding" 38,000 G35 S will lure as many buyers when it has to compete with a 42,000 BMW that's clearly superior (essentially a four-door M, at least until the V8 M arrives). The price difference won't be enough in the monthly payments, so look for the G's price to drop.
    the value proposition of infiniti is definitely the price. the bmw dealers do not want to discuss for any thing below msrp. u will be able to snag g35s at invoice or below a few months after launch. right now, if u compare the fully loaded g35 coupe (with nav) u r looking at something u can buy for around 36-38k. a similarly equiped (and powerful) bmw is above 45k. though bmw does save u money later thru the maintainance plan. so in realisitic terms, around 5k of difference around 100 dollars a month, which is enuf to lure me towards an infiniti (as it did this time).

however, the price hike in the new g35 models might shake things up... 38k and not even nav.... ridiculous
  • All 3 series fan prepare to start crying for your precious 3 series cuz the The G is coming to get ya!!!!!
  • I read the C&D review on the new G. The 3 series is toast. 0-60 in 5.2!

I read the Motor Trend 3 series & G35 test. They gave the nod to the 3 series. While the scores were a tie, the editors broke in favor of the 3 because of finesse. I laughed because it is a sport sedan test! The G out ran, out braked & out handled the 3--except in the slalom. Even their online poll has the G as a preference with the folks over the 3 -- 64% to 35% respectively.
  • Do you honestly think you are going to find a no options 335i sedan on a dealers lot for $42k when it comes out? I don't think so. I recently test drove a 328i Coupe and it stickered at almost $40k with just Steptronic, Satellite Radio, and Leather as options. In terms of real world pricing, the 335i sedan is going to cost more, period.

An almost loaded G35 Sport for $38k doesn't sound like a bad deal after all. In the October 2006 issue of Motor Trend, they compared the 330i to the new G35 and there was a $9,165 dollar price difference. That is 1/4'th the price of the new G.
  • RE: the Second point -- Infiniti has confirmed that the G35 does have an available hard drive for storing music but that hard drive also runs the navigation system (no more DVD based) - therefore, it's sort of an option as it requires the customer to order the nav. 9.5G is allotted for music storage.

It allows you to download music from the CD changer or you can play music via a card slot in the dash.
  • Let's make it clear ones and for all about the pricinig between the upcoming G35 and the 3 series BMW. The G35 Sedan will not have a price increase. Also to get the flash card you need to order the Nav. Package wich will replace the 6 disc changer. A BMW might have a 4yrs "free" maintance, but actualy it's not free! They are the only german manifacture that keeps increasing the prices so they can cover the what is suposed to be free maintanance. Do you know that a oil change only on a BMW will run you around $100, in a car that you get a Leatherete-Ridiculous. Keep in mind that if you live in TX for example the first 2 yrs. or 24,000 miles the maintance on the G35 is free and there after you only pay under $40.00 for oil change. And do you know that you don't have to do a tune-up up to a 110,000 miles, that there is no timing belt-it's a timing chain from titanium life time waranty.Speaking of waranty, the Infiniti cars get 4yrs up to 60,000 miles. So guys tell me where is the value in a BMW put against the G35 or any Infiniti cars???? Don't be fooled by the status only car! The Bimmer is no longer the King. Poor reliability, overpriced,very complicated to fix,technology is very poor too. So please, stop complainig that the Infiniti is not that is not this. All the new Infiniti's are very reliable, excelent technology, handeling, performance and Price. And watch closely how in reliability is detroning Lexus in a very near future! If any of you don't apreciate this Great automobile, then you should be looking into a Trabant! In the meentime if you have any additional doubts or hesitation you can contact me by e-mail at perrier61@hotmail.com
    hey briancam, where did u read about the flash card and hdd. it was rumored to appear on the g35 but none of the review cars had it yet . where did u see infiniti confirm it ?

thanks
  • Does anyone know if the higher compression ratio on the 2007 G35 will require premium gasoline? Edmund's has the old G35 listed as taking regular unleaded.
    on the gas tank of the current g35 itself, it suggests to use premium fuel but i have been using regular 87 without too much of a problem. However, i do mix it up a bit, lets say 70 % 87 and 30 % 91 because, all 87 did cause a little bit of knocking ....
  • rollbarrollbar Posts: 297
    87 did cause a little bit of knocking ....

Very bad for the engine. Like the man said, Lift!
  • So, do we have to wait until November to get the actual pricing for the new sedan? I've see a lot of speculation (both up and down) but does anyone actually KNOW when we're going to see what this new car costs?
    been trying to find that out for a while, but no body know. i personally am expecting around 1000-1500 increase in price plus most options (like the rumored tech and journey packages). i think a fully loaded will go for around 40-42k without the stupid active steer compared to 48k for the beemer
    just wanted to add, that v r talking msrp. u can probably grab the infiniti @invoice some time after the release, while the bmws guys wont budge
  • Do you guys realy think that Infiniti cars and especialy the new G35 sedan few months after the release will go for invoice???? If you belive that then you need to stop geting high! Just a reminder- when the G35 sedan and coupe came out in 2003 for the next year and a half were selling for MSRP. No other cars in the mass market evre hold there price for such a long time! So,please guys be realistic.
  • Perrier61 -- Are you in Sales? You seem to be very "Pro-Infiniti".
  • Good Day

I just found out today that the G35 wont be coming out until the end of November-December and there arent any prices as of yet.

I presently if i wanted to get an 06 G35 Sedan AWD, premium package, auto for 31,999$ and not sure if i want to do that because i have only 2 more months for the 07.

Is anyone have any suggestions whether i should go for the 06 for that great price or wait it out for the 07??

I think the 07 AWD, premium package will go for 37$+ MSRP.

Maybe if im lucky i can get it through internet sales for about 35$

So i really dont know what to do with the 06.

Take care
  • I would never consider the 2006 as an alternative. The 2007 is such an improvement, it is a completely different looking vehicle with better technology inside an out. If you like the 2006 as much, then go for the best deal in years, but to me, that old car is bland by comparison.
    for those intererested, infiniti has updated the 07 g35 mini site with new info and pictures.

the car looks spectacular esp compared to the old g35 and 3 series sedan.... the interior is pretty neat and loaded with toys. they have confirmed that there are going to be 3 10 inch woofers whith the studio on wheels package, a 9.5 gb hdd and touch screen nav. the rear view camera will also provide guidance lines.