Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007+ Infiniti G35

Comments

• nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    My dealer said prices will be $39k - $48k. This seems about $7k high to me. Anyone have definitive pricing to share?

I am looking for Sport 6 MT and no tech package etc. Just leather seating.
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    "The navigation system is much better than leading systems like acura i personally think. The voice recognition was average but you do not have to press a button every time like on the acura(extremely annoying). For those less familiar, here is an example. Lets sat i want to enter a phone number in threee parts. 123-456-7890. Now on the acura, i first press a button n say call, then i press a button to say 123, then press again to say 456, then press agian to say 7890 then press again to say dial. in the infiniti, u just initiate by pressing button once then follow prompts (waiting for a tone cue). However, the system is still does not allow you to speak commands pre-emptively whcih is really annoying but thats a common problem."

Have you ever driven an Acura?

I own an 06 MDX.
    You're wrong.

There's a trigger like button behind the wheel... smartly placed, I may add.
    Pull the trigger once and the system is now listening.
    (You'll hear a tone)

You say...
    "Call 555-123-4567"

The voice asks you to confirm and you then hit the button again and say "Yes" or "Call"

Yes, that's 2 button hits....
    Imagine the calories burned!?!?!

Acura has by far, beaten the competition in regards to Navigation... read any review.
    And let's not forget the Bluetooth functionality.
    Flawless in the Acura, people can't even tell I'm in the car.

Let's hear you say that about the G.

With all that being said, the 07 G is beautiful, and plan on giving it a very fair comparison while looking for a second car this Spring.
    Since I'll be looking for a G35x, I very much hope the brake issues are corrected this year.
    Just wanted to comment on the Acura, it's a fantastic system which shines compared to Lexus, Infiniti, BMW and the likes.
  • guruggurug Member Posts: 24
    Yes i owned a 06 Pilot (same nav system as Acura) and my friend has a TL.

With that out of the way, i dont think u understand my point. Yes you could say the number like that in an infiniti as well. but my point is that lets say you want to break it up into threee parts. then for each part, you gotta press a button. know wat i mean ?
    also for the example u used, you need to press the button for the confirmation right, in the infiniti you do not. point proven

as far the bluetooth. they work fairly well in both. however, the TL is a much less noisier car ( the infiniti is more sport oriented, trade offs) so it has better outgoing sound...

Yes the acura are nice cars but too plain for my taste. its just a matter of preference. I loike the sportier, better looking infinitis also that TL is not available in coupe form these days neway.

i dont think nething shud b taken personally, these are just opinions. i personally like hte infinitis and their tech, you might prefer the acuras. its all cool.
  • kd6aw1kd6aw1 Member Posts: 116
    Saw the new one and we are very excited about all the high tech changes and modern look. The quality has improved even though the quality of our 2003 was just fine. The 2007 is a real winner. Can't wait to get one soon.

Paul

El Cajon, CA
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    just drove one in Houston. A big step up in interior quality. Acceleration felt stronger than outgoing model. The horsepower increase is bigger due to SAE regulations, meaning the last model power ratings have gone down. It was a paddle shift with sports package, and it felt very buttoned down. I leaned on it hard once in a strait line and acceleration felt very smooth and linear to me. The nav can work 3 different ways. Voice command, buttons, or touch screen.
    All in all a very cool car and a worthy option to the almighty 3 series. Now if Audi can join the horsepower war I'll be happy.... :blush:
  • qs0922qs0922 Member Posts: 11
    To sum it up in one sentence:

"The 2007 G35 strikes the perfect balance between the BMW 3 and Lexus IS."

Remember where you heard it.
  • cainepcainep Member Posts: 35
    Here's what I found on another Infiniti site. Hope it's OK to post the link instead of cut-and-pasting the info.

http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/v/infinitiinsider/PG1.JPG.html
    these prices listed are impossibly low... i am expecting these to be low balling the overall price by around 3k.

if these are the actual prices, then its an amazing deal for the stuff they are offering. i was thinking of dropping the technology package from mine, but i think i mite keep it if it is that low price.
  • needgneedg Member Posts: 13
    I went to the G35 event last night at Frontier Infiniti in San Jose, and the price for the sport model was on display in the window. $39,000 for the sport, w/sunroof, navigation, technology, and I believe premium package(I assumed premium package because dealers usually make you get it w/nav). They had the price for everything itemized out, and it looked pretty close to that list cainep posted. I didn't pay too much attention to the value of each item, I was more focused on the car having nav and the sport package and being at 39K. It looked nice; much nicer than the current G. The new G looks better than the pictures, and when you see it next to a 2006 model it looks even better. I was shocked to see the price stay so low, as I was expecting a 2-3K increase like everyone else.

After seeing the car up close, I agree with what some others have posted. The interior is nice, I actually like the washi aluminum. Better leather, nav is pretty awesome and quick(I was calculating different routes in the showroom), composite video in the center console(salesman confirmed it's not for music at all but wouldn't confirm if you could plug dvd player or whatever in there), seats have side lumbar adjustability, and rear seatroom seamed pretty good (I hated the rear seats on the '06 because they felt hollow due to the reclining feature).

On the downside, the interior still not as nice as BMW or Lexus, but the difference is a lot less now. Center console can fit a radar detector and sunglasses, and that's about it...still better than the IS 350 though. The driver seat feels a little tight on the side legs and isn't adjustable(I'm not a very big guy 5'8 170lbs).

The last two complaints really piss me off because they would be so easy to fix. The front grill is made of plastic. Why? :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: I own an I30 and have owned a Q45 and G20...all with metal grills, why move to plastic now? It looks cheap and will get rock chips like no tomorrow I'm sure. And, if they use plastic for the grill, an obvious piece of the car that everybody will see, to save costs, then what else did they cheap out on? This just has me worried about the car 8 years down the road, because that is how long I like to keep my cars. I'm not one of those guys that is going to keep my car in pristine condition or gets the clear bra in the front, but plastic...my girlfriend's civic has a plastic grill. Give me a break. Lastly, this is my gripe with Infiniti and several other manufacturers. What exactly is supposed to be able to fit through the ski pass through? Yeah, skis, but hasn't anybody heard of snowboards? :mad: This thing will not fit a snowboard to save its life, and there's no reason for it not to. Expand the hole by a few inches and you're good; I do not see any reason why they couldn't do that. Are they trying to get me to buy a ski rack or something? I like to go snowboarding a lot, and this small passthrough could cause me to look elsewhere when it's time to replace my car as skiracks don't really look sexy to me.

Other than that, looks like some nice improvements...I think I left some drool in the car when playing with the touchscreen nav. :blush:
  • castelinocastelino Member Posts: 26
    I was at the dealer today and these ARE the prices - I was surprised to say the least. The had a fully loaded G35S (all the major packages except 4-wheel steering) and I was told the price was 39 and change.

All I can say is Thank You Infiniti!
    If this is true then i am putting money down on the 08 coupes from now.. and getting rid of my 06 coupe to save up for it.
    In my excitement to write this I forgot to mention that the car looked great. I got the same sheet that was posted on the freshalloy site in terms of prices. Looks like the invoice for a fully loaded Journey (not S) will be in the 34 range and the list will be in the 37K range. When they asked how many I wanted, I was tempted to ask how many they had. Regardless, dealer said they had an allocation of 31 initially but they didn't know what they would get when.

My criticism of the car is little to none. I don't like the chrome wing/thing on the rear, I didn't realize that had the trunk buttons on it. Also, don't care for the paddle shifters - they just look big and akward, although they felt like they'd be functional enough. But that's pretty much it.

On the plus side, I really like the Nav and touch screen controls. The lines of the car are so much better than the '06 it's not even worth doing a point by point on that. Finally, the interior quality is now up to par with the price point. Not quite the fit and finish of a Lexus, but also not quite the price of a Lexus. I will post again, after they call me for a test drive.
  • slicksixslicksix Member Posts: 4
    Ok, I'm drooling on the new G35.

I am of the opinion that the 3-series and Lexus IS area overpriced. Reason is: I drove a 2004 G35 and it reminded me of my old 3rd gen RX7. I know... not quite - by far - but it was much more sports car than I expected. Can't say the same about the 3-series unless we're talking M3, which is in another league altogether.

Since I'm a responsible adult now... I can't wait for the 2007 G35. Was going to get an STi or an Evo... but I don't think I can afford a new pair of kidneys as well.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    I don't get it why people are surprised by the prices - with all the competition Infiniti couldn't raise them any more than they did. As it is the real price diff between and 06 and 07 will be a fairly hefty $5K.

At $30K a no options G35 6MT is a good deal.
  • vl10021vl10021 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what the lease prices will be on new 07 35X model? How does it compare to 06 prices? For 06 with sunroof I am getting $390 for 24 months 15K, $1400 OTD. I am curious how much 07 will cost.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    we have to wait for car-man for the money factor and residual. But I would guess that it has to be up to the 500+ range. There is no dealer incentive, selling close to MSRP, regular money factor. Those are deadly combination for lease. For 35K or so car, the lease typically go to high 400 to low 500 a month unless selling price is very low, the residual is very high (subsidize by the manufacturer) and/or money factor is really low (again subsidized by the manufacturer). For a brand new desirable car, none of them will happen anytime soon..
    ok today i went to the launch part and had a chance to play around with the nav in more detail:

audio:
    ------

You can toggle through the sources to access the changer(in the trunk), the cf card, the music box hdd or the in dash cd.
    when you are playing a cd, you can press the Record button to rip it onto the hdd. when i did that, it started playing the first track and writing it to the hdd. i did not figure out yet how to rip specific tracks and how to rip at a faster rate without playing the track at the same time.

there was also xm in the car. you press the xm/fm switch to toggle between the radio sources. you rotate the infiniti controller to toggle between presets. to seek through stations you press the radio buttons on the lower part of the console. the screen can display the apropriate the info about as well such as rds for regular radio.

you can press the audio button on the side of the controller to cadjust the sound settings which are typical bass, treble, balance and fade.

did not have chance to turn volume really up to comment much on sound quality

navigation:
    -----------
    the voice entry for destination worked fairly well. and i wont go through the typical nav options.

once a route is set (through the usual poi, dest, interesection and so on ) you have several intersting options. you can choose the preview option which goes over the directions with you before you begin your journey. there is also a simulate mode which , yep, simulates the journey for your. when using the poi to find the destination, like the lexus you have the option to call the place as well which is very useful.
    to zoom into the map you can rotate the controlloer and the maps are very crisp and clear.

auxilary:
    ---------
    yep its confirmed. the aux supports video. you can press the aux button to toggel to the aux screen. you have the option to set the video feed to cinema, wide and regular modes. the video wont play when the car is in motion but i am sure there is a hack for that as on the M.

settings:
    ---------
    pressing the settings button takes you to the settings screen. there you can view several important things. the display does a nice job of displaying the average mpg and how many miles left on the current amount of gas. you have hundreds of settings that you can play around with for example how long the lamps stay on, selective door openining, disabling the intelligent key, and many many more. basically you can really customize the car the way you want.

the centeral instrument panel screen:
    ---------------------------------------
    here you can enter settings for tire pressure alerts and mantainance alerts. seemed interesting but i was too occupied with the main screen to pay too much attention.

misc notes:
    -----------
    *the trunk opener is on the ugly silver lip spoiler
    * there is new lil slot with blinky lights where you can store the intelligent key (its optional to put it there)
    * the trunk cd change is place on the top front of the trunk. i think its a convenient location but kinda makes the entry space of the trunk a lil smaller on the left side.
    * the car is supposed to be quiter than the old one.
    * amazingly, the leaked pricing was correct.

will add more if i think of nehting i have forgotten
    As a reference the MSRP on the 35X base is 33,950. The Premium Pkg is 2,150, Nav is 2,100 and Tech is 1,100. So the Total loaded is 39,300. I'll let you make assumptions from there about money factor etc. But it won't be a cheap lease.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    Interesting stuff.

Thanks.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • vl10021vl10021 Member Posts: 3
    The money factor is .00225 and residual for 24 months lease is 68%. For comparison, 2006 money factor is .00007
  • polmcspolmcs Member Posts: 27
    I too got a chance to check out the new 2007 G35 sedan at an Infiniti launch party last night. I can honestly say that it is a remarkable improvement on the 2006 sedan. My car is due for replacement and we need a decent sized 2nd car. My wife currently has a 2005 G35 Coupe, which we both love, but it can be a little impractical at times (can't fit more than a couple of cases of wine or beer in the trunk! ;) ) . We did look at the 2006 G35 sedan, but neither of us liked the shape of the rear end, so we settled on the Lexus ES350. I was all set to buy one, went the the dealer, had my title in hand, had agreed on a price for the exact model I wanted, but the sale fell through when Lexus came up about $3K light on the trade in for my old car. Looking at the 2007 G35 sedan, I'm so very glad that the Lexus deal fell through. I love this car.

As it was dark and the cars were outside (after all this is Phoenix and if you can't be outside in late October, when can you be outside! :) ) it was very difficult to get an idea of the different paint colors on the cars. There were 4 cars on display, all S models and pretty much all fully loaded, but with different colors for the interior. Looking at the brochure, I'm leaning towards the blue slate color with the graphite interior. I can't get the lakeshore as that's what is on the coupe!

I too noticed that the paddle shifters were huge! Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing and won't know until I drive one. I do know that they had better work a whole lot better than the paddles on my current Saab, or there isn't much point in going with the sport model. On the Saab, the levers are tiny, hard to use as they are mounted on the steering wheel and it takes forever to change gear after hitting the lever.

As for the other toys on the G35, I would rather they deleted the trunk mounted CD player when upgrading to the NAV and HDD MP3 player. I would rather have a clearer opening into the trunk and a bit more space, as with the HDD player and the single slot in the dash, there really is no need for the 6 slot in the trunk at all.

I was a little disappointed with the washi trim. The online pictures and the brochures displayed an interesting texture that looked far better than it does in real life, but again, that may just be because it was dark outside and the colored spotlights made everything appear flat. I'll reserve full judgment on the trim until I see it in the daylight when I test drive the car.

There were no prices on the cars, as they all came with a sample invoice sticker that only listed the specifications and options installed, but the rough prices quoted by the salesmen from the various Infiniti dealers around the valley, all seemed to be in line with the link posted earlier.

Next step is to see if it drives as well as it looks! If it's anything like the 2005 coupe, then I won't be disappointed. Hopefully, it sounds like the coupe too. I just love the sound of that engine. So much so, that when I took the coupe out on it's test drive, I turned off the radio, lowered the windows and just listened to the engine rumble.
  • fpajerskifpajerski Member Posts: 4
    Picking up my 2007 G35 (Journey with sunroof and splashguards) at 1130 this Sat/28Oct at MSRP cost, supposedly the first person in the Sacramento area doing so. Have liked my treatment at Elk Grove Infiniti so far.

Test drove the Sport model and liked everything very much except for the paddles (which I really dislike and wouldn't be using anyway), different size tires, and the trim on the deck lid (which I think is on all models). Will miss the seats in the Sport model.
    one more i just remember which people might find interesting.

the accel pedal does not come down as most cars, its actually mounted on the floor. something like the accelerator pedal you would see in the arcade or using the steering wheel/pedal set wiht video games. a good example is like using a guitar foot pedal...
  • jette212jette212 Member Posts: 7
    does this apply to all models, or just the Sport?
    not sure, think its all. the sport probably makes it aluminium.

i think its kinda cool because sometimes when you being lazy and using the edge of your toes, the foot the can slip and cause the car to jerk. this setup will avoid the slipping
  • virtkingvirtking Member Posts: 25
    It's on all models.
  • tpricetprice Member Posts: 46
    I had a chance to stop and look at the 2007 G35. I did not have time to take a drive, but was happy with everything I saw except for the chrome lip on the trunk lid. It's personal preference/subjective item, but seems like that could have been left off and mae available as one of the dealer add-on accessorizing items. Chance for the dealer to make a couple of bucks and folks who like it to personalize their car. May just be majoring in the minors, but just didn't do anything for me. Other than that, Infiniti has made some very nice updates to the G.
  • kd6aw1kd6aw1 Member Posts: 116
    On Saturday Oct. 29 my wife and I went to Infiniti of Escondido which is just north of San Diego, Ca. We had the good fortune to meet a nice sales consultant by the name of Robert Snider. He gave us superior service and made our visit extremely pleasant.

We have one of the very first 2003 G35 sedans which we bought in Mar of 2002, Our car has been terrific so with that good experience we wanted to test drive the new high tech 2007 sedan.

Off we went! On launch I noticed that the car had much more snap than our old one but also noticed that the motor tended to rev much more while accelerating. I also noticed that the engine turned faster at cruising speeds, I am sure the engineers have all this figured out so I don't think this is a bad thing being that the new G is supposed to get better gas milage than the old one. The car with the normal suspension was great in the curves so I will not opt for the sports suspension. I would also get the standard 17 inch wheels because they can be rotated and would last longer. As it is the handling was wonderful! The body seems tighter than our old one and Infiniti did a great job in designing this car. Watch out BMW! All the high tech stuff is fun and I will get a car with everything on it, love their new navigation and voice commands!

Our present car is a red garnet fire color and we were thinking of getting another red one but we didn't like the new fire engine red so will have to look at other colors. To each his own on this one.

Overall the new sedan will find a good home with us and we are excited about the new future addition.

Did I say that she is pretty on the outside? Well she is!

Paul

San Diego
  • zigthatzigthat Member Posts: 3
    OK, I'll probably take alot of flak for this, but after test driving the G35 yesterday, I'm not as excited about buying it as I was previously. I've never owned a Nissan or Infiniti, but had my eye on the G35 since it's release, and was very excited to hear about this new 07 model. Yes, the improvements are vast over the old model, and yes it is obviously a great looking and fast mover, but a few things soured my excitement over this car:

1. Alot of the interior materials looked great, but felt 'cheap'.

2. When you punch it, the engine sounds strained and 'angry', and it does so often and sometimes needlessly. I caught the same unpleasant sound and feel from the new V6 Passat. I think the transmission is doing alot to save this car from being annoying to drive.

3. Try as I might, I could not find a comfortable driving position. I spent lots of time adjusting everything, and popped between the Journey and the Sport model, but it just never happened.

4. I love the NAV system's jog dial and touchscreen, but the overall look and usability of the screens were a turn-off. I often design user interfaces for software here at work, and consider the Honda/Acura NAV systems to be the benchmark of perfection. Others may have more features, but I don't think any NAV can beat the usability and intuitiveness of the one offered in the TSX.

Since I didn't get the 'I gotta have it' itch from a lengthy test drive, and because this is our second car that we really should cut costs on, I'm probably going to leave this segment and go for a Jetta GLI instead. The much lower sticker price, lagless turbo four, and lovely DSG transmission will suffice for me. Again, I'm not saying that a Jetta is better than a G35, it just happens to fit my personal requirements better...
  • rosie108rosie108 Member Posts: 17
    3. Try as I might, I could not find a comfortable driving position. I spent lots of time adjusting everything, and popped between the Journey and the Sport model, but it just never happened.

I'm am so happy to hear you say this. I too could not find a comfortable position no matter how hard I tried. May I ask how tall you are? I a 5'5" and I am convinced that the headrests are made for someone taller then me. I just figured I would figure it out once we took delivery - but now I'm thinking I need to go back and work it our BEFORE we order the car.

Other then that, though, I loved the car - except where they placed the 6 CD changer. How stupid is that! I'm going to smash it with a suitcase or a set of golf clubs!
  • tom_houghtontom_houghton Member Posts: 1
    I just test drove a 2007 G35x and did not experience the accleration or seat adjustment issues that were mentioned.
    The driver's seat is almost too adjustable.
    Try it!

The car stuck to the road and acclerated like a dream...with great braking!

Tom
  • kring5kring5 Member Posts: 144
    I'll post the invoice prices tomorrow, I have all invoice prices for the entire line and each option... stay tuned.. My Dumb self left the sheet of paper at work!
  • bogeydogbogeydog Member Posts: 8
    I too am concerned about the seats. I drove the Sport on 2 occassions and found the driver's seat just too narrow despite adjusting the bottom side bolsters to their full open position, Now at 5'-3" and 160, I wouldn't think that I would feel cramped. I don't drive with my legs staight forward, but prefer a more relaxed position. I felt the bolsters digging into my thighs. I also drove the AWD and found the seat much better.
  • keitha3keitha3 Member Posts: 124
    Ah, I see. You're the one. I went in to see the new G35 at the same dealer and spoke with two of the salespeople, both named Jim on that very same day. Both were just sensational gentlemen, just the kind of sales rep I love. Answered my questions, didn't press me to buy on the spot. Was told, like you, that MSRP is what they're selling them for now. Loved the car. Asked how many they had sold. They answered just one so far, so that must be you. Hope you don't mind if I contact you in the future and ask how their service is. I think they have a very good reputation, but it never hurts to hear first hand from a customer.

Oh, and hey, congrats on the new rocket ship. One day, that might be me pulled up beside you at a stop light, revving my engine and smiling.
    I'm quite satisfied with my 2007 G35 Journey so far in some street and a little highway driving ... appearance, ride, fit and finish, performance, audio and a/c and heat, etc. Friends who have looked at and touched it are even more smitten by its appearance than I am. The seats are quite comfortable for 6'0" me, altho I would have paid extra for the Sport seats.

But of course let me note some negative nits which needed a few days to surface, and which reflect my personal bias and taste:
    1) trunk lid is awkward to raise/close without a handle/grip somewhere. The ugly chrome trim on the lid is not shaped for gripping, is slippery, and retains fingerprints.
    2) turn-signal clicker is too soft. I can't hear it over normal road and radio noise. With the corresponding blinking indicator lights being a little small in my view, several times the turn-signal has been off or on when I thought it was on or off.
    3) no digital clock anywhere if no Navigation Package. This really irks me. I often want to easily know the hour and minute. The analog clock in the center console is useless for me.
    4) intelligent key ergonomics. I am getting nicely adjusted to its being in my pocket untouched. But its buttons should be better distinguishable by feel, the alarm button should be better protected from being accidently pushed, and the buttons should be "higher" on the key (and move the Infiniti emblem to the bottom) so that one's thumb rests directly on them.
    5) LCD info on instrument panel should be bigger/better. What I want to see there most of the time are just the digital time and the odometer mileage. What I now see in the various panels are a variety of numbers and letters (much of which doesn't excite/interest me) that are somewhat difficult for me to read in just a quick glance, being somewhat small and in a weak red color.
    6) poor map storage. The door pockets and the center console storage box are all too short by an inch or two to hold maps. All that's left is the glovebox which is often already filled. So my maps now have an extra fold or two in them.

I'm quite pleased with Elk Grove (CA) Infiniti ... reps Jim and Eric, manager Russ, and the several service folks I just questioned about the type/vendor of the oil being used (and I was surprised to learn that they are using normal instead of synthetic 5w-30 oil).

The final sales process was comfortable aside from all the paperwork that can't be avoided. Before signing anything I was shown all the car-prep documentation, and went on a test drive of "my" new car just to be sure that a) it worked, and b) I was still sure. But there were two negative moments for me:
    1) my trade-in value was printed nicely on a piece of paper while at the rep's desk. After my agreement to, and signature on, this and other various preliminary documents, all the paperwork then went elsewhere while I went to the finance guy's desk. This desk is where all the officially printed sales-documents appeared for my official signature. On the sales contract I noted that my trade-in was now listed $150 less than before. This was of course quickly corrected with apologies for an accidental error/misunderstanding by somebody somewhere in the past few minutes. On my previous car purchase eight years ago at a VW dealer, there was an "arithmetic error" $150 in their favor on the contract. Go figure.
    2) In the midst of all the official signing at the finance desk, I was suddenly presented with an "opportunity" to purchase an extended warranty, a Simonizing treatment, or a Lo-Jack device, then and there ... and this was the only "pressure" time during multiple days at this dealer. I would have appreciated at least a day or two's lead time to first think/research these costly items.
    Please don't take this the wrong way... but I have a question after reading your current review.

Actually, 2 questions on points 3 and 6.

Point 3, you do not like the analog clock and wish for a digital clock because you often need to know the hour or minute.
    Why do you need a digital clock? I don't understand.
    Looking at an analog clock, I immediately know the hour and minute.

Point 6, you do not have enough room for all of your maps in the map pockets.
    If you have the need for so many maps, and if the Navi offered a digital clock, why didn't you just get the Navi option, which would have given you the digital clock and lessened your need for actual paper maps.

Was the Navi not available to you?

Also, has any current 07 owner tested your bluetooth yet?
    Previous G owners have complained about how aweful the sound quality is (even if it's the other party complaining)
    Has this been improved?
    Just thought I'd share, Although it will seem that for a while you'll be paying MSRP, or if you max out the options you may be able to squeak out $500 off.

Car..............MSRP...........Invoice
    G35 Base..........$ 31,450...$ 28,930
    G35 Journey......$ 31,900...$ 29,343
    G35 Sport AT....$ 33,450...$ 30,763
    G35 Sport 6MT..$ 44,450...$ 30,763
    G35x AWD........$ 33,950...$ 31,221

Option.......MSRP......Invoice
    Premium Pkg....$ 2350......$ 2025
    Technology.......$ 1100......$ 948
    Navigation.........$ 2100......$ 1810
    4W Steer..........$ 1500......$ 1293
    Sirius/XM*.........$ 300........$ 259
    Sunroof**..........$ 1000......$ 862
    Wood Pkg........$ 450........$ 388
    Spoiler.............$ 550........$ 474
    Perf. Tires........$ 400........$ 345

* = Included in Nav Pkg, cost only if separate
    ** = Included in Prem, cost only if seperate
    I ordered my G35 Sport AT with Prem, Nav, Tech, 4W Active Steer, splash guards and the must have trunk cargo net!

The did not have one with all the options so they are searching the future allotments for Nov./Dec. and get back with me this week before placing a order. I put in for black with Graphite trim, and also the Blue Slate with Graphite. so I have a few days to decide on color if we have to order it.

Any opinions on Color for those who have seen 07's? By the way the Blue Slate is closer to charcoal/ dark graphite, it's really hard to see any blue in the color.
    Yes, I forgot to mention that one: The trunk mounted CD changer is another issue that just might be a showstopper for me. The car's gotta be able to fit our baby stroller and the small opening left by the CD-changer housing will likely prevent that. After equipping the car with a hard drive and CF slot, they should have ditched the CD changer altogether - isn't that the point?

:confuse:
    That's funny zigthat... a CD player is a show stoper on a $40,000 car. lol There has never been, and most likely there will never be the "perfect" car for everyone. Some are "underwhelmed" by the CD changer placements, others are appalled at the 2 torque reduction for adding 26 HP results in shaving .8 sec off 0-60 time. others complain that the seat is too customizable and couldn't settle in comfortably in 5 minutes on a new sports car when they probably stepped out of a ford Taurus or Nissan Quest which they drove for the past 5 years. And others have a gripe with the volume of the turn signal click.

Bottom line does anyone have any real complaints? Even looking at the excellent post a few back from someone who owns one, can only come up with the tiniest points to address.

So far I've test drove the car 4 times for over 90 minutes of road time and 50 miles, and spend about 2 hours combined time in the seats and I myself can't come up with anything more then trivial complaints... I wish the cup holder in the center console was an inch deeper.

It's really great that we can not honestly find any issues with the new 2007 G35... we'll see as more get sold, but I can't imagine it's going to get any worse excluding major mechanical failures, seems nearly every ergonomically and environmental (cockpit) issues have been addressed, and address very well.

And in contrast to competition and even outside the direct competition I can come up with plenty more gripes against BMW 3 series, Acura, Audi, VW, and the god-awful Mercedes.
    My only real complaint so far is that I don't have an Infiniti dealer near me.
    I think it may be silly to travel 50 miles to a dealer... is that where I have to get my free oil changes? :cry:

Other than that, if the brake and bluetooth issues have been addressed, I'm really liking the G and can't wait to see one in person. :)
    "a CD player is a show stoper on a $40,000 car.."

In a word: Yes. $40,000 for a car is alot of money, and to buy one, then not be able to transport my kid in it because of the trunk's design - that's a problem.

The issue isn't the changer per-se, but the elaborate and bulky 'housing' they created for it. There was a trunk-mounted DVD drive in my TSX that was just strapped on with some bolts n' brackets. It looked less 'integrated' but didn't prevent my stuff from entering the trunk.

Now, I'm not here ranting "This car sux0rs!!!!111oneone" because of the changer location, but I am saying that a small design flaw like this could force me to cross this car off my list. If that's my own fault for having kids and also wanting a nice car, well then shame on me.

Unfortunately, I'm forced to 'trunk test' my cars against my baby strollers - parents gotta sacrifice, yaknow? Fortunately, I'm not a blind fanboy to any brand or model, so I've got plenty of options.
  • titaniumg35titaniumg35 Member Posts: 1
    I've had the car 3 days and I don't have any real complaints. This car is perfect for the person who is into the latest technology (has bluetooth phone, owns an ipod and knows what a compact flash is) and wants a blend of luxury and sport driving for the most bang for his or her buck. If you are a music lover then the XM radio will put you over the edge. The voice commands makes you feel like you're in the U.S.S. Enterprise.

To show that I haven't drank the Kool Aid there are 2 minor issues I have. 1. the rear chrome spoiler does collect all the prints and 2. the home link buttons should've had a light because you can't find them at night. By no means are those deal breakers.

I asked the Sales Manager at the dealership who he considered the competition to this car to be and he said "no one, there's nothing in it's class at that price." And he's right!
  • bogeydogbogeydog Member Posts: 8
    Here is something that I found out today and actually kept me from buying the car. Ihad a Sport model on order. The front tire size on the 18's is 225/50/18. The stock tire is a Bridgestone Potenza RE050A. Anticipating the tires not lasting long, I check several sources for new tires. These are essentaly the only tires that are made in this size! Condsidering that the rears will last 10-15K and the frontmaybe 20K, That is $900 installed for a set of tires. If I keep the car for 150K miles, that is 7-8 sets of tires and more than $5600. That tough to justify. Just an observation. Any suggestions?
    I'm perhaps guilty of rushing thru my previous post because of the early morning hour it was created, and thus not fully conveying that I am very satisfied with my purchase and that my nits are rather minor ones and are strongly reflective of my personal taste/bias.

The most serious nit to me is the low-volume turn-signal clicker because of the resulting safety exposure that has occurred several times. I will be asking the dealer's service department to research the possibility of boosting the volume. I think that my hearing is properly normal.

Taste/bias-wise, I just don't want to make a quick glance to the side and think that it's maybe 1126 or 1127 or possibly even 1128. I would like 1127 shown clearly in front of me in the instrument display area, as it has been in my previous cars. I have performed computer hardware/software support all my life, starting at NASA in 1966. So I think/need/like digital info in general, not analog info. Other's taste/bias in this area may vary.

There's enough capacity for my maps (which are few in number) in the door pockets or center console, but not enough length for my maps in these storage areas. I previously did not have to fold my maps when storing them close at hand.

For me, I couldn't justify the cost of the Nav unit. Others feel correctly for them that they must have it.
    That's the price of Tires now a days... I was actually expecting them to be a little more, I have a Nissan Altima with 16" rims and the name brand tires at Cosco were still just under $700 when all was said and done.

Those tires should definitly last you closter to 35-50K miles, even under "fun driving conditions, only if you beat on the car will it even approach 20K miles.
    "Taste/bias-wise, I just don't want to make a quick glance to the side and think that it's maybe 1126 or 1127 or possibly even 1128. I would like 1127 shown clearly in front of me in the instrument display area, as it has been in my previous cars."

My Acura MDX allows me to ask what time it is.
    I hit the button on the wheel and say "What time is it?" and the voice responds with, "It is 11:28 am"

Does the G have something like that?

If not, you may be stuck going to the local Walmart's auto section for one of those silly stick-on digital clocks. (LOL)
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Pulitzer Prize winning Automobile reviewer Dan Neil of the LA Times reviews the G-35S here:
    http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/la-hy-neil1nov01,1,7289802- .story
    Thanks scottm123! Good read. one thing that rubs me the wrong way about this article and some of the others I've seen, is I keep seeing it stated that the previous generation G35 Sedan had 298-hp... it doesn't! it had 280! it's a 26HP bump not an 8hp! Great read overall.
  • factfinderfactfinder Member Posts: 103
    The 05-06 6 speed G's (sedan) have 298hp. The automatics have 280hp.