Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Jimmy Chevy Envoy Fuel Gauge Problem

14567810»

Comments

• Good morning lulu3620,
    If we can look to see if there are any open recalls associated to your vehicle, we'd be happy to do so. Please send us an email at the address located in my profile with the last 8 digits of your VIN and we'll get you any information we find.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • We have a 2006 Denali with the same issues as described here. How are we supposed to email you with VIN when you have no email listed?
    VIN 1GKES66M566152198
  • Sarah, The email in your profile says : Private
  • 1GKES66M566152198

all email in profiles on this site say private.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,076
    Hey guys,
    Thank you guys for letting us know that our email address was not showing up. Not sure what’s going on with that. Please feel free to contact us at SocialMedia@GM.com. Have a great weekend!!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I am having the same issue with my Envoy. It has around 115,533 miles. When I fill the tank, the gauge goes straight to empty and that annoying chime sounds off for 5 times. Then after going for a few miles then the gauge reads correctly. That is until I get below a half of tank, then the gauge goes to empty again. I'm going to the dealership here and see what they have to say.
    VIN: 1GKDS13S352386203

Steve
  • To find out what they will say, just read my message about my dealership experience.
    Be prepared to pay the diagnostic fee, then half the 600 dollar cost for the fuel level sensor replacement under some special repair order they have created.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Steve,

I pulled your VIN and there may be something on your vehicle that pertains to this; I would be happy to discuss it privately if you wanted to email me at sarah_grace@gmexpert.com (please include your Edmunds username so I'll know who it's from!).
    When are you headed in to your dealership?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Steve, please keep us updated with what you are going through so we can all help each other.
  • Let the fun begin!!!
  • Now the trick is to find the time to leave the truck with the dealership. What I didn't realize that it would take the better part of the day to replace the fuel sensor in the tank. It is nice however to find out the GMC service department is aware of the problem and is willing to work with me. I just have to get the thing in there for them to work on it.
  • swshiklesswshikles Posts: 5
    I had the fuel sensor changed today at Dossett Big 4 Buick GMC Cadillac dealership here in Tupelo, MS.. It cost me only $121.09!!! I consider myself really fortunate considering what I read here that it cost some people a great deal more money.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,417
    edited May 2012
    Cool. Now you can make it all the way to Johnnie's Drive-In without stalling out.

I used to cruise through that neck of the woods back when Dudie's Diner was just a half mile or so north of where Dossetts is now. :-)

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• swshiklesswshikles Posts: 5
    I can make it all the way to GTRA just outside of Columbus, and back everyday without worrying if I was going to run out of petro, :)
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,417
    I was the other direction (although my brother wound up in Columbus for a year - USAF). My first flight was in a crop duster out of Roscoe Turner Field.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• vfd323vfd323 Posts: 2
    Good luck getting help from GMC...they are worthless and i have filed a complaint about their service with the state lemon law people, GM is nonting but a bunch of cheap people who dont care about their customers and are lying sacks of crap in my book....BOO to GM
  • msgvus1msgvus1 Posts: 1
    I appear to be having this same problem. I noticed 2 weeks ago my gas gauge went from showing between 1/4 and 1/2 tank of gas to E (with light and beeps) within 2 minutes. I restarted the car, and the gauge was normal. It did it again last week. This morning after putting $60 of gas in the car (tank was between 1/4 and E) the light came on showing it is on E! The car even seemed sluggish to start. Is there any recall on this? What is the cost of the repair? I have a 2007 Envoy.
  • jonnyringjonnyring Posts: 74
    edited June 2012
    Your sender is SHOT. I just did my wife's AGAIN..for the second time this past weekend. I went to Advance Auto..bought entire pump/sender assy. and did it myself. cost= $290.00
    If you read every page of this thread you will find more info on it. Stealerships charge $800 to do the job (parts included)

P.S. I started this 16 page thread back in Sept. of 2006.

Good luck...you're gonna need it.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    msgvus,

We can check to see if there are any special coverages or recalls on this situation with your Envoy. Please send us the last 8 digits of your VIN to our email at socialmedia@gm.com

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ravoravo Posts: 1
    I just started to have the Fuel Gauge problem after my last couple fill ups. I'm at 96/97000 miles. I also have the problem with the electrical that causes the car to surge every now and then and the lights dim or brighten when you step on the brake or hit any switches (window or unlock switch). The catalytic converter went when at 82000 (of course just after the warranty expired). I have had nothing but issues with my 2005 Envoy since I got it and it seems that something is always going wrong with it. It's unbelievable that GMC (General Motors) won't take care of issues that can (and has) caused accidents when parts fail that are obviously OEM parts. I've had issues from day one with my car and have dealt with it but when is enough enough? I don't have a lot of money and I'm tired of sinking money into something that is an issue with GMC and not me! I have always been on my soap box and promoted "American" made vehicles but after all the issues with my GMC Envoy I won't be buying American again and especially not GMC. I can't take all the issues one after the next after the next. I can't get out from under the bills of maintaining this car even though the issue is GMC's and not mine. Frustrated at GMC and disappointed in their taking responsibility for defects in OEM parts. Something's got to be done about this before someone gets hurt due to faulty equipment!

Very dissatisfied 2005 GMC Envoy owner!
  • I have a 2004 GMC Envoy in almost perfect condition. I love this vehicle, but recently I have been having an issue with my fuel gauge. I put 60.00 worth if fuel in and my gauge reads empty and I get the "low fuel" light and chimes. This has been happening for about 3 months now. When I drive about 20-25 miles, the fuel gauge starts bouncing from full to half to empty. Is there a recall or safety issue regarding this problem? I personally think $600.00 to pay the dealership is a bit excessive. Please help. I have ran out of gas 2 times now and I don't want it to happen again. Thank you.
  • jonnyringjonnyring Posts: 74
    edited October 2013
    Go back and read the FIRST page of this thread (which I started in 2006). Your fuel sender is bad.
    All your questions are answered throughout this entire thread.
    I replaced my sender myself for $68? Yes, Stealerships want $600 & up!!. Good luck.
  • GMC did a recall on some of this stuff. I posted about 2 years back (on this site) about all the troubles i had. GMC finally did a recall, not sure if your model year or timeframe still fits the recall period of time. The recall wasn't even that good...i had spent about $600 for a local mechanic to do the work and only got about 1/4 of what i spent back from GMC. If you have the right equipment and can do the work, then much cheaper. The parts aren't much, it's the labor that is the killer! In my case they had to drain the gas tank and lower it to get the parts in/out. I also had a bad throttle body (which seemed to constantly be an issue on my 2007 Envoy) because it isn't covered and dust/dirt can get in. I no longer own the Envoy - i had way to may problems for a "Professional grade vehicle".
  • Fill up and the gas gauge goes to empty and the check engine light comes on. Is there a recall on this problem that many people are reporting.
  • lerklerk Posts: 3
    First want to thank jonny ring and all for staying with this link. Just a update called dealer about 06 envoy, only one recall for door electrical issues however the issue with the fuel sensor has been addressed they are calling it a special allowance issue and are going to replace/repair for "0" cost. Taking it in tomorrow. If my memory serves me right the dates are July 2016 and milage 100000 something.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,076

Hi lerk,

I'm glad to hear that you are taking your vehicle to the dealership for your concern. Please feel free to follow up with us regarding your visit and the service that was provided. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com. We look forward to your feedback!

Kristen A. GM Customer Care

Just a update checked in at 7 work done by 3. Cost was 0. Hope this helps! Gm customer service monitors your links don't work....lol imagine thAt.
    Just a last note I had just purchased this vehicle so called dealer to check if there had been any recalls and if they had been done. With the last 8 vin # they were able to give me that information. My car was doing what everyone was saying. My experience was a good one dealer very professional and work done fast. This forum was the key so want to thank everyone for taking the time to post. :)
14567810»