Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Jimmy Chevy Envoy Fuel Gauge Problem

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    bamajamn,

I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please provide a brief description of the problems you are experiencing?

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    ivan19,
    I apologize for your frustrations. I cannot guarantee anything like that. I can set up a case for you with GM Customer Assistance, who will look into your specific situation and evaluate it. Please email me if you would like to take this course of action.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Caron,

Have you opened the case on my issue's yet? The AC is really acting up and I have to have it looked at.
    I would like to take it to the dealership once you open the case.
    Please advise.
    Thanks, Wade
    Wade,

Did you send the requested information in an email? I have not received anything. Could you please resend the information?

Thank you,
  • I sent it to your email by clicking the gmcustsvc before.
    i sent it again last night. Did you get it?
  • Filled my gas tank up and the fuel gauge went to empty after filling. Every time I fill the tank, it goes to empty and then after driving a bit the gauge starts re-registering. Seems like it still is working properly but I am tracking mileage also. I sent an email to GM customer service and even called them. Nothing on recall for my GMC.

It is very disappointing that GM is aware of this issue but is not providing any recourse for the issue. Definitely will have to reconsider purchasing another GM since the customer support effort is being ignored.
  • Don't forgot to file a complaint with the Dept of Transportation, since they are in the process of investigating this issue. You can file the form quickly and easily here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

I figure the more complaints they get, the better chance they will eventually force a recall, since GM has failed its customers by refusing to voluntarily take any action. :lemon:
    bryanmhaffer,
    I am happy I was able to assist you with your concerns. If you need anything else please let me know.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • RE:"In case any of you haven't see this article:
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/05/856000-gm-suvs-under-investigation-fo- - - r-faulty-fuel-gauges.html
    I can't believe GM feels no obligation to remedy the situation. What a load. "

Read this ENTIRE thread. That article has been discussed. You provided the link.
    If everyone here would read this ENTIRE thread, you'd see this is not just 2005-07 Envoy's, Trailblazers, etc. It goes way beyond those. My wife's 2000 Envoy for instance. This has been going on for 8-10 years! That's when the fuel gauge problems reared their ugly head...about 30k mi. into the car's existence.
    I started this thread on Sep 24, 2006!!! That was 6 years after the car's birfday. This thread is going on 5 years come this Sept. 24th!!!
    TEN YEARS of this problem and you'd think GM would fix this???
    It'll NEVER happen now...it's been going on too long.
    It's so sad.....Dianne Sawyer says "Buy American" and our 9.2 unemployment rate will go down as will the recession. How can we buy American when SOME American products are CRAP and the BIG 3 won't stand behind their product???
    It's a friggin' shame! I'm unemployed, no health insurance, in foreclosure, losing the home I built, just filed for bankruptcy at age 50 and you want me to "buy American"???
    I'll NEVER buy another GM in my life! I own 3...'77, '91, 2000. The old one's are fine, it's the new one's that are JUNK!
  • I contacted Customer Service...through this FB page. First I was dealing with a Customer Service Rep in India, then the Phillipines, then finally I had a customer service rep in North America (note I didn't say the US. They want me to take the vehicle to a GMC dealer, pay upwards of $80 for a dignostic test...and then they will decide if they possible can help. I contacted the dealer...the service manager said "Ya GMC has refered probably 100 vehicles here for diagnostic for this exact problem and haven't help fix one of them." So I ask the customer service rep for a guarantee that if it was found to be a faulty fuel gauge/sensor that GMC would repair. The CSR said they couldn't guarantee anything even if it was found to be a manufacturer issue.
  • I contacted Customer Service...through this FB page. First I was dealing with a Customer Service Rep in India, then the Phillipines, then finally I had a customer service rep in North America (note I didn't say the US. They want me to take the vehicle to a GMC dealer, pay upwards of $80 for a dignostic test...and then they will decide if they possible can help. I contacted the dealer...the service manager said "Ya GMC has refered probably 100 vehicles here for diagnostic for this exact problem and haven't help fix one of them." So I ask the customer service rep for a guarantee that if it was found to be a faulty fuel gauge/sensor that GMC would repair. The CSR said they couldn't guarantee anything even if it was found to be a manufacturer issue.
  • To the Customer Service Representatives..... Thanks for asking us all for our VIN numbers and contact information. Apparently this has been the standard reply for a good long while...over a few years as it appears. But I have yet to see ONE post where someone comes back and says WOW GMC Fixed my issue!!! I have seen repeated over and over posts of frustration. So you take my Vin Number and open a case (which has happened.) Then I get to talk with a GMC rep in India, the Phillipines, and finally the US. Still wil zero guarantee that this problem, a known problem, and reported problem, and acknowledged manufacturer defect is going to be fixed. So what gives....just be upfront with all of us and tell us GMC isn't going to fix the problem...and you're on your own. Good thing WE THE PEOPLE bailed out GMC. Really!!!
  • Just wanted to let you all know that I worked with Christina and she informed me that GM is offering to cover 1/2 the cost of the fuel sensor replacement. I took my SUV into GM yesterday and they replaced the sensor at 50% off parts and labor. Considering I have driven the SUV for the past 7 years, I appreciate Christina and GM's offer to cover 1/2 the cost.

I do realize there are going to be many owners who expect GM to cover 100% of the cost but, things are going to wear out over time. While I agree that the sensor is most likely defective, it usually does take a significant amount of time for parts to wear out (most people complaints I have read have 70k miles or over on the vehicles).

Most dealers do not have the Special 10054 code in their systems yet. Christina called my dealer directly (after providing her with the information) and took care of everything!

Best,

Bryan
    Bryan,
    I am happy I could assist you! If you need anything you know how to contact me! Enjoy your week!!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    azboomer,
    Please take the time to check out the following link:
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0f1679/170

Now if you would like to email me your VIN I would be more than happy to look into your situation.
    Have a great day!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi Bryan,

Just wondering what 1/2 the cost is? I can't afford a huge repair cost right now.
  • I took my 2006 Envoy Denali to my dealer. He said GM is allowing for the repair of the "Fuel Level Sensor" I took it in, it was repaired and the cost was $0!! When my FLS went out my engine light came on also. I ran the code check and got P0463 (Fuel Level Sensor). According to my dealer the Fuel level sensor is all GM is allowing them to repair. I suggest you check you code and take it to you local GM dealer. I have restored faith in GM, but it didn't come without some headaches.
    Good luck to the other 856,000 + problems out there.
  • Wow! Now that would be awesome! I hope that my dealer is on board with this. Thanks so much! :D
    bamajamn,

Glad to hear the Fuel Level Sensor was replaced at no cost to you! Thank you for sharing your experience.

• I talked to my GM dealer in Riverside, CA and was told they have no knowledge of thisfree repair. They are aware of the sensors failure, but that is all. Do you know if GM will be sending out postcards to all of us who complained? Thanks for any assistance you can give me.
    Sunshine993