Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Audiophile Radio & MP3

124»

Comments

• The 6 CD exchanger did not work when I bought the truck. I've tried fixing it, but it doesn't work. How do I find a single CD player that will work with the radio?
  • dunzungdunzung Posts: 1
    I know this is a year old issue. But I just saw this. There is probably a moisture settlement on the SJB and you MAY have to replace the sJB. After replacing the SJB you will have to to a GEM self test which requires a code scanner. You should then fix and reset the problems suggested by the code. This should help.
  • molly_dogmolly_dog Posts: 1
    I just bought a used '06 Escape XLT (3.0L Auto 4WD). It's a one-owner with 43K miles and I'm completely mystified by the stock audio system.

I have literally studied the sections of the owner manual related to the sound system. The features I have been able to activate/deactivate do not in any way, shape or form, match up with any listed systems.

• Has in-dash 6-disc changer but will not play (Or even recognize discs with) .mp3 files

• Has "Text Scroll" button but cannot activate RDS

• Manual states to "...press and hold 'Menu' button until appears then..." but nothing ever appears

Every web site I've visited that lists standard features lists RDS and ,mp3 compatibility yet no dice on this car.

In my 20s-30s I used to design, sell, install and tune competition car audio systems (not the rattling-trunk-lid-louder-than-radio crap we all despise, especially at 3 am) and, as I said, I'm mystified. The only thing I haven't done is to disconnect the battery overnight or pull the radio to see if the unit will reset if left with no power.

The thing really does not sound too bad but I'd like to be able to burn .mp3 discs to save some cash IYKWIM.

Thanks for your considered assistance!!
    M_D
124»