Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Maxima Electrical Issues

1235»

Comments

• my headlight has gone out I took it to auto zone bought a new light and the guy could not figure out how to take the light out on my 2004 maxima it is the high difinition lights does anyone know how to get it out and also my radio has ouit and my navagator and heat then every little bit the radio comes on and everything begins to work for a few minutes and then radio goes off and every thing quits again any sugestions
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,416
    Bulb Replacement

HEADLAMP
    Disconnect negative battery cable.
    Turn the plastic cap counterclockwise to unlock it from the combination lamp.
    Turn the bulb socket counterclockwise to unlock it.
    Unlock the retaining spring and remove the bulb from the combination lamp.
    Install in reverse order of removal.
    CAUTION: After installing the bulb, be sure to install the plastic cap securely to ensure watertightness.

• 1999 Maxima has elec prob trying to diag. Brake lights stay on only when headlights are on at night. Changed brake switch already. When brake pedal is depressed at night, front yellow parking lights come on, interior panel lights go dim and brake lights only slightly increase in brightness but remain on when brake pedal pressure removed. When I depress brake very slightly, I hear a clicking sound that can be heard under the gear shifter in the center console. Any ideas as to what problem(s) may exist and how to repair???
    Thanks for feedback. :confuse: :confuse: :cry:
  • tenactenac Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    :mad: :confuse: :sick: I am the owner of a 1991 Nissan maxima sedan, recently my brake lights would not go off, I changed the brake switch, no change,so I pulled the fuse so not to wear down the battery, well now my audio system don't work,fuse is good, ( I have 2 extra wires coming out of fuse panel, not too sure where they are to hook in at)also the clock only work's when it want's too,any clues as to what is going on here? the car runs pretty good for 163,000 miles on it, ran better before I got new plugs n wires put on, also whenever I hit a bump in the road, there is a clank noise coming from the driver's side front, I replaced the tie rod, any clue as to what that is?
    I am on a fixed income and brought the car with me from Florida, and it seems like I am replacing a lot of stuff on it already, have put over $3,000 in it already, and have been ripped off from Machanic in Virginia, :mad: please can anyone help.? Tenac
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,416
    On many cars there is a "pedal stopper pad" and if this falls out, that could also cause your brake light switch to stay on.

You might crawl back under there and see if there's a hole in the pedal stem rather than a stopper.

• I'm having these same issues. Did you ever find out what was causing the headlight to turn off and the radio/clock issues?? Mine turns on, freezes, then un freezes. Headlight turns on when it wants to. Very strange. Help!! :)
  • tenactenac Posts: 2
    It was do to a bad fuse, n wire, all fixed, as for the radio the face plate was not pushed all the way in....lol :blush: all issues are fixed, It could be a bad connection in the fuse panel, good luck ;)
  • Hello,
    The symptom is that once the car starts moving, the speedometer goes to 41mph and just stays there. The odometer works and there are no other electrical problems that I can see.

I have read many of the forum posts and have already disassembled the dashboard, tightened the four brass screws on the back of that console.
    I have already replace the speedometer sensor and $132 later still no joy.

Is it time to replace the entire console?

What do you think?
    thx
    Howard80
  • kr4kr4 Posts: 1
    My 2003 Maxima SE (6-speed manual shift) stopped working while driving on the freeway. I opened the hood to find smoke and flames. I put the flames out with water (should've used a fire extinguisher but had to act fast.) Apparently my alternator cable harness shorted and caught fire. We replaced the alternator and harness and now I am having electrical problems. Brake and battery dash lights flicker and then stay on. I can live with that. But now I occasionally lose power to the throttle when moving slowly in 1st or 2nd gear. Car stays on but has no power.

Any ideas what it could be?
  • After a 5 minute visit to this dealership - the mechanics managed to 'Fix' my car so that i would need to have thousands of dollars of service on it.
    First they told me i had to purchase a nissan battery - then i would need my
    Dashboard replaced and a new sunroof motor and switches and they would have to
    Keep my car for almost 6 months before they could find a gas gauge/odometer
    Suitable for my car. This all because my battery was failing and I was driving when it happened. Drove right into Sears - and replaced the battery with the top of their line. Little did I know that the sunroof, systems indicators, gas gauge to mention a few things - all stopped working. What did they say... "you needed to purchase a Nissan Battery".. my response - Nissan does not make batteries, and I was on the road when this happened and this is general maintenance of my vehicle. Then they said to bring it in - the first thing they told me was it was "out of warranty" - any excuse - then they said the whole dashboard has to come out and be replaced...
    If you look on the internet - there are thousands of people that are suffering from the same problem - Nissan needs a recall - mind you - all because the battery was replaced... well Nissan - you need a recall - because everyone replaces their own battery - recall all the years that cause problems with battery removal -
    Then the dealership called me one day to offer me a $9.98 oil change. After it was done - they charged me more than $35.00 - they knew I was there for the special oil change - and what the Manager said - when I checked the amount on my bill was "well, you were supposed to tell your service man why you were here, and what we offered. Remember - I walked into service and they knew I was expected and for what - they are liars and cheats. When I called back the manager - he told me he would give me a $30 credit on my account. Now, they will not even return my calls.
    not even for parts information.
    No I would never go back here again - never buy a Nissan again (I've had 5 Nissans, 3 Maxima's) and I will tell everyone one I know to go down the block to Bill Tyson Automotive in Royal Palm Beach instead. 561-753-6122 - they will help you and they are honest people.
    >
    > bill tyson automotive - undid the damage in just a few moments - and i now
    Have a great place to go for my 2007 nissan maxima se -
    > and
    > i can trust them too.
    > thanks guys - your the best!!!!
1235»