Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Front End Problems

1373839404143»

Comments

• This is THE solution to the problem. Thank you. So far, I've only installed the rubber donuts on my '06 Azera, but that alone made a huge difference--brought the suspension from "intolerable" to "acceptable." Rides less like an old Buick and is much less bouncy/wavy. The body rides about 1/4" higher, which is fine--even preferable, I think. Again, thanks. My wife and daughter no longer get car sick!
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Okay...I'm proud to say that I've owned my '06 Azera for the last 7 years and put just over 146k miles on it. I've read all the posts about people complaining about the clunk noise, which I didn't experience until about 80-90k miles. All the years of going to the dealer and having them look at it, not one time did a mechanic ever mention anything about the sway bar bushings. My mechanic told me that sway bar bushings can wear out anywhere between 20-80k miles. So...I am going to order them and have him install them and I'll come back and let you guys know if it resolved the infamous clunk noise or not. I tried to find some silicone aftermarket bushings to no avail, so I will just try to order the best ones I can find.
  • antonyrantonyr Posts: 6
    I for one am looking forward to your next reply.

I just had my upper control arms replaced around 78K, on my 2006 Azera. I've been experiencing the "Clunk" for a while now and my Hyundia Advisor feels it's the Strut mounts. When I take it in for service next week, I'll have them to check the sway bar bushings.

Thanks for info. :)
    Antonyr...initially I was experiencing squeaks and other noises that replacing the upper control arms took care of. While the strut mounts can produce noise, it would be a noise you would hear towards the "top" of your car. The sway bar, being underneath your car would produce that noise that sounds like golf balls loose in a box sound.

Unfortunately, I have to get my ignition coils replaced before I take care of the sway bar bushings. If you get yours done first, by all means let me know. Of course, I'll post regardless when I get that done.

Happy Easter if you celebrate, if not...have a great weekend.
    edited June 2013
    ...I am posting my results from getting the sway bar bushings replaced.

Sway bar bushings - $6.48
    Labor for installation - $198
    Clunk/rattle noise gone - PRICELESS!!!

For any Azera owners that have any front end noise (clunk or rattles), please do yourself a favor and get the sway bar bushings replaced. After 7 years and 150k miles, the suspension ALMOST sounds as good as it did when it was new. I guess I had gotten so used to the noise that I forgot how good & quiet the rode before. Truly a night and day difference.

Now I've got a few other things to tend to on the car and I think I'll be ready for another 150k miles!!! Just so you other Azera owners know...once you hit the 100k miles mark, start thinking about your 02 sensors, spark plugs, ignition coils and serpentine belt. Other things I have to replace are the engine/transmission mounts, an A/C pressure switch and the original rotors.