Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Front End Problems

Comments

• cobrazeracobrazera Posts: 352
    I wonder if many who say their cars are okay don't really know the fine differences? Incredible. You're so convinced that every Azera has suspension problems, that you choose to slam those of us who do not. We ( the vast majority of Azera owners ) are either too insensitive, inexperienced, or just plain stupid to be able to see the fine differences.

Give us a break: maybe we don't drive as fast as you on the certain kind of road that causes your problem. No suspension ( at least none that are not adjustable automatically or with a cockpit selector ) is perfect for all situations. Please check my previous post concerning my Azera's suspension.

BTW, it looks as if the Genesis suspension/steering is far from perfect also, re the Oct '08 C&D magazine. Doesn't it use Sachs shocks in lieu of the homegrown Azera shocks?
  • snaglepussnaglepus Posts: 160
    "You're so convinced that every Azera has suspension problems, that you choose to slam those of us who do not. We ( the vast majority of Azera owners ) are either too insensitive, inexperienced, or just plain stupid to be able to see the fine differences."

:)

I am "so convinced?" No, I am not and I said so in my earlier post . :surprise:
    I do know that not all Azeras have suspension problems, but that some do.
    Sorry if you took what I said personally. My post was not directed at anyone in particular.
    I think you are trying to put words in my mouth. I did mean what I said in that post, and
    nothing more. Those of us that do have problems really have them. :surprise:
    In our case, when on the local Interstate, I feel it is unsafe to go faster than 60 mph.
    To me, that is a real problem, and evidently the local Hyundai rep agrees with me.
    Why would Hyundai be replacing my bad 54611-3L041s with the newest, I trust, better 54611-3L640 parts?

"BTW, it looks as if the Genesis suspension/steering is far from perfect also, re the Oct '08 C&D magazine. Doesn't it use Sachs shocks in lieu of the homegrown Azera shocks?"

Yes, the Genesis is supposed to have shocks produced by Sachs.

I think that the Mando produced shocks in our Azeras are supplied from either India or China.
    What do you mean by homegrown? :confuse:
    I posted way back when that the Genesis has shocks made by Sachs, an older German maufacturer
    of different parts and therefore, the Genesis shocks should be of a higher quality.

:D
  • jaymagicjaymagic Posts: 309
    What a load of ....! Like many others on the Azera forum, my TSB eligible 07 Azera has not experienced any of the "front end" problems some have reported. I have NO DOUBT that some are not unhappy with the way their Azera rides and they may well have a car that has a problem. I encourage them to stay with it and get Hyundai to resolve any legitimate issue. But buy into the claim that ALL TSB eligible Azera's have a problem, or are too stupid to recognize it, certainly doesn't make me want to join in their cause.

I have over 35K on mine and still have had no front end issues. My shocks continue to work like they did when it was new. As for feeling safe at higher speeds (as previously posted and discussed ad nauseum), I have had mine over 140mph and regularly drive in the 80mph neighborhood. (75 is legal limit in Colorado).

I continue to love my Azera and would encourage anyone to consider it, when looking at a full size sedan. BTW, my mileage, now over the last 4,000 miles, is at 24.8 mpg.
  • snaglepussnaglepus Posts: 160
    :)

Jay,

That is magic to be sure.
    I'm glad that you do not have to go through what many of us have had to do.

Tuesday morning, Hyundai is fixing mine, and I have no doubt it will then be perfect.

I understand that several other Azera owners are also getting their front ends repaired also.

"I have NO DOUBT that some are not unhappy with the way their
    Azera rides and they may well have a car that has a problem."

A double negative statement? Please explain. :confuse:

:D
  • 101649101649 Posts: 192
    Check out the Automobile Mag Sept Issue comparison with Genesis...Won the battle, but appears suspension still sucks.....I drove the 3.8 and wasn't impressed for $40k...probably go with the G 37S in December..i currently have an '06 Azzy with 12k miles....no problems at all....Will downsize to the G37 coupe since I don't need the room...
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    If you can't keep personal comments out of your post, it will be removed. If your posts continue to be removed, you will lose your posting privileges here.

Yeah - I removed some posts. And some of you really need to listen if you want to continue to participate here.
  • Snagelpus - so what happened. You were scheduled to get the new shocks on Tuesday of this week. I'm curious and don't know which other forum you are talking about.

Please provide info - thanks
  • Go to near the bottom of the third page for the info you asked for.
  • Car seems better but will know more in 5000 miles. Second set of shocks ar 15,000. dealer was very nice and is still trying to get reimbursed by Hyundai.
  • So would I buy another Hyundai? The jury is still out.Alot will depend on if these new shocks last more than 5,000 miles. If they don't, it would be hard to buy another Hyundai, although I had planned to keep this one for at leat 100,000 miles.The car rode better the first time the shocks were replaced, although there is about a 50% improvement with the new shocks now.I will probably drive below 60 on the bouncey roads just to try to get as much life as possible out of these shocks.
  • Say, check my posting re; struts on Hyundai Azera 2006.
  • Your dealer will have no trouble getting reimbursed. All he has to do is get approval from the district rep.

Many dealers throughout the country have replaced the 040 struts with the 640 shocks and are getting paid by Hyundai to do so. I am one of them.

Perhaps your dealer is trying to guilt trip you.

If your dealer really does not know how to get reimbursed, ask him to contact one of the many consumers who have gotten their struts replaced how it is done.

Even I can help him and I have never been in the car business.

David <><
  • espo35espo35 Posts: 144
    "Many dealers throughout the country have replaced the 040 struts with the 640 shocks and are getting paid by Hyundai to do so. I am one of them."

and

"Even I can help him and I have never been in the car business."
    ********************************************************************************-
    So, are you a dealer or never been in the car business?????
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I think azerasantafe is saying he is one who had his struts replaced. Yes, the wording is a bit confusing, but that's what I think he means.
    I was thinking the same thing, but he also said:

"If your dealer really does not know how to get reimbursed, ask him to contact one of the many consumers who have gotten their struts replaced how it is done."

in which case he would be referring to himself in the third person.

Just wondering ......................??
  • What's the confusion here, guys?

It was indicated that a dealer is having a hard time getting Hyundai to reimburse them for the struts they gave to a customer.

I have also had my struts replaced with the 640s and I know what the dealer had to do to get reimbursed from Hyundai for my struts.

I simply said that If the dealer does not know how to go about getting reimbursed, even I can help him and I am nothing more than a consumer.

David <><
    Gotcha.

I am a dealer I'm trying to figure out how the dealer billed Hyundai. If the shocks were already replaced under the TSB for noise, the same Op Code (operation code) will already have been used. This will cause Hyundai to reject the claim. If the 640's are not listed as the correct replacement part for the car, THAT will cause the warranty submission to fail.
  • I'm one who has had the shocks replaced once already. It felt good like when it was new for 4-5k but now it is back to rockin' and rollin'. I sometimes fell like a bobble head doll going down the road. Yesterday a dealers replaced my cracked dash pad and I had them check my shocks. They proclaimed that the car was normal. I say it isn't. The tech drove it for 5 minutes and said it is normal. I drive it day in and day out and I say it isn't normal. I know what it felt like when it was new and I know what it was like when the shocks were replaced the first time and I know the difference from what it feel like now. How can I convince them to replace the shocks again? The dealer service dept is indifferent at best and don't seem to care what I think. It's as though I've been dismissed....period!
  • Forget the dealer, call Hyundai Customer Service, get a case number and then call Hyundai in Fountain Valley CA or write to them. BUT, they will refer it to the Regional Parts and Service Manager. The Customer Service center should be able to give you his/her number. The Reg. PSM can authorize the replacement without a TSB or anything else and Hyundai will pay for it.
    Uhhh... good luck with getting a Regional Reps phone #.

It's the dealership's job to talk to the customer.... it's the reps job to talk to the dealership.