Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Electrical and Lighting Problems

My right side break light and signal do not work 3 days after a deer ran into the right side on forth door and did some cosmetic damage to the front and rear parts of the rear quarter panel all along the bottom.
I can't be a fuse beacause the left side works.
No damage near the light, but I did notice where the muffler system connects to the body became detached. It has been reattached. Sny ideas?

Comments

• I have a 2003 F150 and my Door Ajar light came on and won't go off. Now I really hate to take it in for just that, but the lights won't go off in the cab and over the bed. My battery is low now although we put a charger on it. I'm thinking the battery might have been low to begin with and this had something to do with the light (strange as it may sound) because once the battery was charged up, the light went off. Anyone else have this problem? By the way, I have the original battery in it and it is over 4 years old.
  • Your battery is getting rather geriatric. Probably doesn't have the capcity it had when new - it gets worse when it's cold out. You might wanna think about replacing it.

For the door ajar - take some WD-40 and spray it into the door switches. These Ford switches tend to collect sand and grit in them and they eventually start to bind up. Spray the switches and work them back and forth. Keep drowning them until the switch works all the time and the door ajar light stays off.
  • bil2303bil2303 Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 F-150. The interior lights stay off when any door is opened. Also get no door ajar light when doors are opened, and opening doors doesn't turn off radio when ignition is off.
  • Mine was my battery of all things. We charged it up (didn't replace it just yet) and the door ajar light went off and everything else seems to be functioning well. I know I need a new battery since my truck is 4 years old and it's the original, but we tested the battery and after the charge, the cells all seem to be okay. :)
  • bil2303bil2303 Posts: 2
    This seems to be a problem related to the door switches, not one, but all of them. Battery seems fine.
  • This worked (wd 40 on the door switchs)great. Thanks for the advice saved a day lost at the shop and a drain on the battery.
  • missiesmissies Posts: 1
    Last week the door ajar light stayed on (2003 - F350). I thought perhaps I had not shut the door all the way. Nope.

Worst thing is the electric locks and the windows will not work.

Fuses have been checked so far. Thoughts?
  • mvpgriffmvpgriff Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 ford f150 king ranch with power windows and moon roof. All of a sudden no windows will work or moon roof. Looked at owners manual and saw were there was a circuit breaker 30 amp under the hood that works all windows. It's number 601. Went to ford and bought new one and installed and they still don't work. Any suggestions???
  • hwydriverhwydriver Posts: 4
    I have a 2000 F250 Diesel that has had the alternator replaced three years ago and the batteries 3.5 years. The red battery light stays on but the gauge shows the system is charging. I switched alternators with a 2001 diesel Excursion and the light stayed on. I then switched out the batteries and the light stayed on.
    I put the truck batteries and alternator into the Excursion and the light did not come on
    in the Excursion. I switched the batteries back to see if anything would change over some driving time but nothing has. Any ideas?
  • chatrkatchatrkat Posts: 4
    My 2004 F250 SuperDuty automatic 4x4 PSD 6.0 has a relay under the dash (on the drivers side) that intermittently begins to chatter. Nothing I do seems to make it start or stop. Tried turning things on and off. Wiggled wires under dash, no change. It does not do this all the time. So far everything works and no warning lights come on. The truck has 63k and power windows/locks/keyless entry and no modifications or accidents. Ford service manger said to check the batteries? Both are good and the terminals are clean. Charging system is normal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (I already tried turning the radio real loud!)
  • hwydriverhwydriver Posts: 4
    I had the dealer replace the relay on my 2000 F250. Parts and labor were about 48 bucks and that seemed to take care of the problem
  • chatrkatchatrkat Posts: 4
    Thank you for the reply. Do you know the function of the relay in question?
  • steven222steven222 Posts: 1
    HELP! My delima is a 95 f150 truck 4.9 4x4 w/ a broken gas gauge. The non working gauge is driving me nuts and my anxiety level is high. The sending unit in the tank has been checked and is working good, my delima is at the gauge and how do I install an after market one. Anyone with an idea please help. My truck is a work truck beat up and going strong at 234000 mi.
  • crash150crash150 Posts: 2
    My 95 F150 4.9 M5OD has a cruise control problem. I have checked all the wires and switches. I have one that is strange the #4 location on my cruise control connector is a pink/white wire it has 18v when checked with a volt meter and the key at "run" I only have 1 battery 12V. I also have a black/yellow wire that connects to the cruise cancel switch on master cyclinder to the #9 position on the cruise conn. the wire checks out fine disconnected both ends but when I connect it to the cruise control there is a short I checked the terminals on the cbuise control and no shorts????? Any help would would be appriciated. Thanks.
  • HI BILL,
    I'M NEW TO THIS FORUMS.I HAVE A 2004 F150 AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY FORD.JUST THIS FRIDAY 8/3/07 I BROUGHT MY TRUCK IN TO FORD AND THEY FOUND A FACTORY DEFECT.THE DEFECT IS WATER LEAKING INTO THE CENTER JUNCTION BOX ON THE FIRE WALL,WERE ALL THE FUSES ARE.THEY WANT TO ME TO PAY 2500.00 TO CHANGE THE COMPLETE WIRE HARNESS DUE TO WATER DAMAGE FROM THE JUNCTION BOX TO ALL THE WIRES UNDER THE DASHBOARD.THIS IS A BIG JOB AND A VERY EXPENSIVE ONE FORD DOE'S NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT.PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE ARE NO INTERIOR LIGHTS WHEN I ENTER MY TRUCK,RADIO STAYS ON AFTER I EXIT MY TRUCK WITH NO KEY IN IT,POWER SLIDING WINDOW DOE'S NOT OPEN.AND STILL WATING TO SEE WHAT OTHER PROBLEMS THAT I'll HAVE. CHECK YOUR CENTER JUNCTION BOX AFTER A RAINY DAY. HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU. I'M AT THE FIRST STAGE WITH FORD TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN.JERRYB732
  • The passenger window button on the drivers main control will not bring the window down. The window will go up, however not down. I have an F-150 Supercrew 4wd, 2004. Any suggestions? Thank you.
  • cleoncleon Posts: 2
    I have a 1999 ford f-250 I recently purchased. It has about 110,000 miles on it and everything has been ok since I boought it. That is untill this morning. When I heard the engine cranking emidiately I though someone was stealing my truck and they could not start it. After a while the nieghbors fiqured out that no one was in the car and the door were locked. For some strange reason the car was trying to start itself. I have to pull the batteries to stop the cranking.