Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cobalt Stopping Short Problem

2»

Comments

• pa356228pa356228 Posts: 34
    My 2006 Cobalt LS, was in a Showroom before I brought it, never had any problems until after 50,000 miles, I had to do some minor repairs on it, next step is the fuel filter, and brakes.

One thing good about it is the gas milage which consumes 34mpg/hwy 27mpg/city
    and also, never had to buy brakes for my car since I brought it, of course now the brakes are starting to squeek. I'm a 18wheeler truck driver and know all about brake fading and using brake procedures properly.

Don't wonder about too much, my friend had a cobalt two door, and the transmission went within 5,000 miles after buying it brand new, front struts were bad, headgasket cracked, A/C didn't want to work half of the times, again only less than 5,000 miles on it, brand new. So, my friend had to trade that cobalt in for another 2007 Chevy Cobalt two doors automatic. So, far no problems. 16,000 miles guess it is bad karma assuming the worst. Your in much better shape then the friend were. In the world, glass is half full.
  • Our 07 Cobalt had grinding noises in the rear brakes and rattling wheel covers since new. The dealer Roberts Chevrolet has a service adviser named Craig who actually laughed at my wife and said there's nothing wrong with your car. We were told they all do that but your the only one that complains. The car was embarrassing to drive. This is NOT a very well built car. We recently traded it in on a Kia sorento. I would advise anyone to stay away from Roberts Chevrolet and Cobalts.
  • Hi. I have a 2005 Chevy Cobalt. Out of know where the engine just stops and the car goes dead. It happens several times a day. I am scared to drive my car. I don't know what to do. When I bring it into the shop they can't find anything wrong. I am worried that one of these days the car is going to stop in an intersection or on the highway and something horrible will happen. It seems like there are so many of us with this problem. I just don't understand how the car hasn't been recalled. Has anyone found a way to fix it? Has anyone contacted Chevy?
  • dft56dft56 Posts: 8
    I had Sears put on the top of the line wearever brake shoes from advance auto parts as chevy puts cheap brake shoe on. the rattling in the hubcaps are because of the plastic wheel nuts for the hubcaps..nothing to do about that excerpt keep tightening them.
  • I just put my cobalt past 182,000km/~113,000mi and the only thing that I have to deal with the computer giving me the occasional knock sensor code because I am too lazy to figure out if where the spark plug sits is stripped and a rattle in the dash board because a rock I kept on the dash for luck fell into the vent. Just putting that out there to support your arguement. Sorry to hear about your other cobalt though I'm glad you've made it out of that collision without a scratch.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,810

I wonder if the engine shut-off while driving issue reported in the first post of this thread is related to the recent GM faulty ignition switch recall on Chevrolet Cobalts of this era? http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304020104579431141203677528

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

A reporter would like to speak with a GM owner whose vehicle has been subject to the recent recalls, and whose vehicle has experienced sudden stalling. If you and your vehicle fit this criteria, please contact us at pr@edmunds.com by Friday, March 21, 2014.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

A reporter would like to speak to a GM owner whose car was part of the latest rounds of recalls and had all necessary recall work completed. If this is you, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 4/15/14 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET.

2»