Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick La Crosse Stalling/Starting Problems

2»

Comments

• mary2011mary2011 Posts: 1
    I have had car in dealership for about three weeks for a stalling issue. They claim its the oxygen sensor. Has anyone else had this issue and its been taken care of.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,154
    Hi mary2011,

Sorry to hear that your Buick is in the repair shop. If there is anything we can do to assist during this time, please let us know. Keep us posted on the repair process.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • custom3custom3 Posts: 3
    I have a 2010 2500hd and the rear bumper is rusting on both ends.My dealer tells me its no longer under warranty.I bought the truck new and it started at 1 year old but was polished out by the dealer.Now it won't polish out any more and I'm out of warranty.Has anyone else experienced this problem?
  • rich194rich194 Posts: 1
    My 2007 La Cross intermittently stalls and won't start for fifteen minutes up to an hour, then runs great for a few hundred miles before it does it again. The dealer can never get it to do it for them and there are no fault codes. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?
  • karibuickkaribuick Posts: 5
    I have a 2011 LaCrosse and during the heat wave we have been having it stalls on me. Once in the middle of an intersection, once on teh highway and quite a few other times just around town. Talked to the dealershipo and they said I need my fuel injector cleaned? My husband says that is crazy. Seems to have started during a heat wave we have been having in the Northeast. They want me to pay 200.00 to have this service done. I feel it is a fault with the car. It should not stall out on me like that. The car is only 2 years old!!!!!! Very Unhappy. Been buying GM Products for years. A few months ago my daughters 09 Chevy Cobalt needed a new fuel pump. They wanted 1,000.00 to fix it and then I find out that there is problems with Chevy Cobalts fuel pumps! Said it is in warm weather states only. I am losing my confidence with GM.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,468
    edited July 2013
    First of all, let's talk about the Chevy Cobalt fuel pump. I have not heard of anyone needed a fuel pump on the Cobalt. That infers that fuel pump problems are relatively rare. In fact, they are rare on most cars. Behaviors that _cause_ fuel pump failure are running the fuel level low in the tank. People that don't keep the tank at above 1/4, I prefer above 1/3, often find an early fuel pump failure becuase the fuel keeps the pump cooled. When the level drops below the pump, that fuel no longer is cooling the pump, which causes it to develop problems.

I don't know your daughter, nor her age, nor her driving patterns, but you can decide if the fuel pump committed suicide or if it was murdered by low fuel level. I was at a local quick market getting morning coffee and a lady had cranked her car so long she ran the battery down. Her fuel level was 0 and the car died about 100 feet from the fuel pumps on the street. Cranking when there was zero fuel going through the pump probably will cause that pump to fail soon. I warned her that might happen as I used her jumper cables to help her start her car after she put in fuel. I suspected she ran the fuel level low at times because of not being able to afford gas right then. The point of this comment is to remind your daughter to keep the fuel level above the 2 or 2.5 gallons that 1/4 tank represents on the 12-gallon tank in the Cobalt. My son has my 2008 at Ohio State at college. He has been given the "lecture."

As for the LaCrosse, is it still under warranty?

I had a fuel injector clog recently on my 3800 leSabre at 150,000 miles. I use mostly good brand fuels. However, I had used a fuel discount at the local fast market to buy a fillup for the leSabre. A few miles later was when the slight miss appeared idling for a few seconds. Then couple hundred miles later at 80 mph it gave a quick cut out, miss or full cut out. Then a few hundred miles later a little more and finally set a #6 cylinder miss. Finally, my shadetree mechanic neighbor and I took out the #6 injector which had lots of material clogging the intake. Cleaned it and switch with #4 injector and no further problems.

I think my problem was caused by that quick market fuel fillup.

So when the dealer wanted to clean, was that a removal and clean each injector? Or was that where they run a strong chemical cleaner through the line on the engine, with the fuel tank disconnected, to dissolve gunk in the injector?
    Hi karibuick,

If you would like for us to work with your dealership in getting this problem resolved to your satisfaction, please feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com [Attn Amber]. Include your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership, and we will work to see what can be done to help with your situation.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Actually the Cobalt has been recalled for Fuel Pumps but only in warm weather states. I found this to be odd. I live in the NE and we have some pretty warm summers andheat waves. We also had a recall on the car because of stalling while driving and after having it in and out of dealer and replacing battery there ended up being a recall on the ignition. GM ended up replacing fuel pump bec abuse it was faulty andwas leaking gas. As far as the Lacrosse I am bringing it in. The car is running very rough( sounds like a diesel engine), and stalls frequently. When I called the dealer they said I should be using a high detergent gas. I buy my gas at Mobil which is on GMs approved list, and it sounds like the fuel injector needs to be cleaned. I just turned 30,000 on the car and it seems to me that this is more then that. Based on what I have been reading, I am not the only one who has ISS uses with it stalling. We shall see what happens. Funny thing is we have had a he a t wave here and that is when my problems started.
    Thank you but I will try myself first.
    Actually the Cobalt has been recalled for Fuel Pumps but only in warm weather states. I found this to be odd. I live in the NE and we have some pretty warm summers andheat waves. We also had a recall on the car because of stalling while driving and after having it in and out of dealer and replacing battery there ended up being a recall on the ignition. GM ended up replacing fuel pump bec abuse it was faulty andwas leaking gas. As far as the Lacrosse I am bringing it in. The car is running very rough( sounds like a diesel engine), and stalls frequently. When I called the dealer they said I should be using a high detergent gas. I buy my gas at Mobil which is on GMs approved list, and it sounds like the fuel injector needs to be cleaned. I just turned 30,000 on the car and it seems to me that this is more then that. Based on what I have been reading, I am not the only one who has ISS uses with it stalling. We shall see what happens. Funny thing is we have had a he a t wave here and that is when my problems started.
  • My 2011 Lacrosse is at the Dealer. They are a wonderful dealership (Ingersoll in Danbury ct) Car kept stalling and running very rough. Right before I brought it in my change oil light came on. I told them to change oil while there. My car has 30,000 miles on it. I had it changed last at 25,600. The dealer called today and said it was stalling and running rough because the oil was down 2.5 quarts and that is why it was stalling and running rough. If the oil was so low and causing these problems then why didn't the check engine light come on? Makes no sense to me or my husband and a friend that is a mechanic. There is no leak. I get my oil changed every 5,000 miles. Not happy with the outcome. I don't believe that i s the problem but if it is and the oil was that low, then why didn't check engine light come on?
    Karibuick
    karibuick,

I am sorry you are having this concern. If you need any assistance while at the dealership please let us know. You can email us at socialmedia@gm.com, please be sure to include your name, VIN, address, and phone number.

Erica Tiffany
    GM Customer Care
  • 2006cxl2006cxl Posts: 1

2006 Buick LaCrosse CXL with random stalling issue - this started around 67K miles, now just over 70K. The engine just quits - totally randomly. When this happens the interior - including all guages - behaves as if the key is turned to the off position. While coasting I am consistently able to shift into neutral and re-start, continue on as if nothing happened. Dealer could not re-produce problem and only charged $60 for the "diagnosis". After much research I have replaced several parts commonly known among mechanics to cause this problem. I have switched out fuses, replaced the crank shaft sensor and ignition control module, examined and tightened every connection I could find, grounded engine block directly to battery negative terminal. Thought I had the problem fixed with the direct ground as I had no stall for almost 2 weeks of regular driving. Then last night it happened again. We can't be repeat GM customers if GM kills us on the highway! Will try replacing the ignition switch (my original suspect) next.

2»