Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes You'd Like To See in the Pacifica

2»

Comments

• rkneenrkneen Posts: 1
    I love the the Pacifica, drives great and a beautiful car in all respects EXCEPT the design of the back of the car. Those cheesy black plastic panels on the D-pillars interrupt the flow of the design of the rest of the car and make it look "squatty" and fat. My suggestion would be to extend the present tailight up, replacing the cheesy black plastic panels, and adding for "Euro-appeal" to the car - kind of like one of the Volvo wagons or SUVS. Anyone know if there are custom tailights like that I can buy for this car?
  • kkodalkkodal Posts: 34
    :confuse: i would love to get a pair of hood support shocks to hold up the hood.it seems little cheesy to have an old fashion rod to hold up the hood.and some lighting under the side mirros would look nice as well.the explorers have those mud lights or whatever they call them.i know the pacifica is an awesome vehicle and all but i mean having these options should not be THAT expensive compare to what we pay for the vehicle.
    my dealer still tells me i can't get the DRL's turned on.they say that it is impossible and won't even try it.first they said they would charge $80 and when i said go ahead and do it they said it would be waste of money to try it so they did not do it.never seen a dealer this geneorus(yeah right)they still can't figure out what i need to purchase to get the auto headlights so i got my mirror from e-bay and need to get the stalk and i think i am all set...
    I want to see a MAJOR MAJOR Change on how these dealers work
    why can't these dealer keep up with what's going on with their vehicle.they should know what is available for their vehicle as aftermarket.
  • thercktherck Posts: 5
    :P Very close to a decision to purchase an '07 Pacifica Touring. I would prefer to see an option (or standard on higher end models) for a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel rather than the manual tilt only configuration. Sure, the optional power adjustable pedals may seem nifty, but they are far less valuable, functional or commonly available than the PTT wheel.

And, the previous poster is absolutely correct about a piston assist hood support rather than a prop rod, especially when a massive/weighty hunk of metal is involved. Save the cheapie odds and ends for the lightest/lowest level transports.

Therck
  • vic_vinylevic_vinyle Posts: 34
    The prop rod is cheesy and some of the engine components really look like they are from the 1960's. :(

by the way...the hood is NOT metal but a composite material.
    :)
    thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,613
    whereas as assisted hood would be nice, i'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me. i've had hondas, mazdas, an alfa, jeeps (oh, wait, the CJ actually had NOTHING. you folded the hood back and rested it on the windshield frame!), subaru, and a slew of other vehicles from other manufacturers ... all with prop rods. Now, if our $30k Honda Pilot had an assisted hood and the $30k Pacifica didn't, MAYBE I'd wonder why. But it didn't, so I don't.

The one thing that's been bugging me every time I drive it since the nice weather started is the fact that there is no auto-up on the driver's window. Now THAT'S a feature I've had in FAR less expensive vehicles.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• jmf1jmf1 Posts: 1
    1. Put back the auto light switch option that was taken out of the front wheel drive version in 2006.
    2. Put back the low tire pressure sensor or have this as an option for ALL the vehicles
    3. Use a better GPS program. This one cannot find a place name like McDonalds - it uses the entire USA to choose from. Additionally it goes into "uncharted area" very frequently - not just on new roads. Road names not usually visible on the map, so if you're looking for a particular turnoff its difficult ot find. I've also been routed 10 miles around to take an interstate when the destination is one mile up the road. (No, I'm not in Timbucktoo, I live in NC, USA) The portable GPS systems are much better value.
    4. U-Connect Hands free could be improved - it would be nice to shorten the messages from the robot voice - and my call waiting doesn't work, it just hangs up on the first cal whenever another call comes in. I'd also like a button to turn it off so that when a call comes in my kids can't listen in.
    5. Placement of the air vents for the middle seats needs to changed - if the front seats are moved back for legspace, the air is blocked by the seat.
    6. A more powerful engine option.
    7. A pocket on the back of the driver's seat. Putting one only on the other side is chintzy. At least give an option for this.

Other than that, this is a very nice car, its my 2nd.
  • jim179jim179 Posts: 1
    I have asked 2 dealers if the PAC can be towed behind an RV, and they couldn't give me an answer. Does anyone know? Thanks; Jim
  • kkodalkkodal Posts: 34
    i don't see why not...if you can place the car on Neutral then you can tow it behind an RV.of course you'd have to get the tow bars and all that stuff hooked up to the car but i think it is doable.dealers don't know anything anyways.any good info you need and you ask the dealers they would not have the slightest idea to answer the questions.they act like you are asking them a question about a space shuttle. :confuse:
  • vtraudtvtraudt Posts: 52
    I installed an aftermarket remote start. But all systems/installer say they cannot set the heated seats and rear defrost to come on when the car is started with the remote, which defeats the main purpose of the remote start.

The problem is that they are not controlled with manual switches, but 'signal' buttons (that always return to off when the ignition is turned off).

Does any one have access to the wiring diagram for the seats and the rear defrost?
    I would like to install a good old fashioned manual switch to have both in "on" position and need to find the right wire to splice into so they are 'on' when remote starting the car.
2»
This discussion has been closed.