Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Transmission Problems

Comments

• elmo3elmo3 Posts: 9
    Sorry for the delay in responding. i did not see your post. In Ohio I have contacted Burge Law Office in Dayton Ohio and the experience has been great so far. As of June 2008 we are persuing Class Action against Chrysler as I have had enough run around. You may call and speak wiht anyone in their office and there phone number should be easy to find by google or Ohio Lemon Law searches.

Let me know how it works.
  • dooucdoodooucdoo Posts: 19
    farout:

Just checking back with you, 2500 miles since that last TSB we both had and I've experienced ZERO lugging what so ever. I've actually tried to make it shudder or lug but it's completely gone. Just thought you might like to know.
  • gthosgthos Posts: 15
    That's great news! What was the TSB# on that? Was that another flash, or whatever the computer update is called?
    It's 21-010-08. I had it done on March 26, 2008. That was the 2nd torque converter/flash that I had done as the first one did not fix the problem. Here is what the technician stated on my warranty paperwork:

FLASH PCM AS PER TSB 21-010-08. ERASE DTC'S. PERFORMED QUICK LEARN. FILL FLUID AND ROAD TEST. FC-ZZ

It has never lugged or shuddered after that. Now, the tech did tell me that it COULD have returned and that it may take 1000 miles to break the torque converter in and for the transmission to "learn" my driving pattern. Thankfully it never did return.

Hope that helps.
  • juleszeejuleszee Posts: 16
    Well I took the advice and got ahold of the NCDS for arbitration.
    They told us they will not take on the case for us because we are not in a state they cover, got ahold of the district rep for chrysler so I did again and all they tell me is to take it back to the shop. I contacted the shop we have been taking it to, they told me they will not work on our PAC anymore. Its been there to much and they can't find the problem with this PAC.
    I feel like Im going in a circle and there is no way out, Just feel stuck!!! I was looking at the lemon law on line. I dont know if there is one that I need to contact or just try one of them.
  • rhollisrhollis Posts: 122
    I found the address for NCDS in the back of my owner's manual. It was a Texas address, I believe, and they forwarded the information to Detroit. I do know that the Burdge Law Officein Dayton, Ohio is putting together a class action lawsuit against Chrysler. You might contact them.
  • d08d08 Posts: 16
    Hey,

Thanks for the info. I have only about 200 miles since they replaced the converter. I have called them back and I am bringing it back to them on Tuesday of next week, but I was wondering if it my take some more miles for it to clear up. They replaced the latest tc and reflashed, what ever that means. They are really nice to help me figure out the problem and I do have liftime warranty on the car and free oil changes.

thank you so much!!!!
    My transmission was supposedly reflashed twice and the convrter was replaced. Things got progressively worse. The most serious transmision event was accelerating and having nothing happen. Then the car would suddenly take off.
  • faschulzfaschulz Posts: 52
    Thats one of the features of my pac, they told me that is normal, no problems found, can not duplicate.
    I guess that some might call that a feature. I have been in the suto repair business for 40 years and have some knowledge of how a car is supposed to behave. An independent inspector of my choosing drive the car and found that the transmission did not function correctly. NCDS had an inspector drive the car and he felt that the transmission needed to be torn down to determine what the problem was. The car went to a dealer of Chrysler's choosing and they supposedly reflashed the transmission and replaced the torque converter. The same inspector drove the car again and came up with the same conclusion. The arbitrator was steamed, to put it mildly, and concluded that Chrysler should repurchase my car with no write off for mileage. The car has now been sitting for nearly a month. Impartial Services Group, who handles the buybacks for Chrysler, is having problems getting the correct paperwork from the dealer so that they can determine the amount of the buyback.l Ofcourse, I know exactly how much I have paid, but the paperwork does not seem to coincide. Customer relations and good will do not seem to be in Chrysler's vocabulary.
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    When I had the reflash done on March 31, the service manager suggested I use the manual mode for a while, as that helps the quich learn mode. I did that once in a while when it was ok to do so. The first 1,000 miles, as I recall, there was some amount of shuddering but gradually got better. 5,000 miles later (now) there is not even any shudder.
    I feel that the Lifetime Warranty means I have time on my side, and if something comes up and they have tried to fix it, that eventually it will either get better or so bad it will brak down, in which whatever it happens to go bad will be replaced. I know of no other vehicle made in the world that has anything close to this!

farout
    I like my Pac but, it is annoying that this new car has so many problems. I have bought other new cars and not had a bit of problems with them. Maybe I should have stuff with the chevy products also I wished that I really researched the Pac's a little bit better. I work 8 till 5 and it is hard getting my car to the shop before they close.
    I agree it is VERY frustrating and had I done a little more research on the Pac, I would have not purchased mine. I plan on driving it until the 36000 mile warranty is up then I'm getting rid of it. Even though it seems to be okay now, I just don't have a good feeling about the long term reliability. It really is a nice car to drive when everything is working like it should.
    d08 & dooucdoo: We are very pleased after the transmission problem was taken care of. The only other problem we had was the park brake did not hold very good. They replaced the cables, and the back brake park brakes. I can not say anything but good about our PAC at this venture, with 18,300 + miles on it. It is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever had is 39 years of marriage.
    Now the 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD (diesel) we had it it in the shop 25 times ine 15 months. Chrysler asked us if they could replace it! Now that's one for the books! We made a huge mistake and got a Jeep Compass. Wow now that was a bad match for us, and we disliked it VERY much and traded it in after 4 months and 10,000 miles. That's when we got the PAC aug. 31, 07 There is only one thisg we don't like. It's not paid for yet, only 5 more years, LOL.

farout
  • waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    Nearly 13k on our 2007 Limited AWD now and the only problem we have had has been the shudder. I reported it once and dealer fixed it first time....they did not even test drive it. I dropped it off on that same visit, they gave me a loaner for about 5 days and that was it.

Hudson Chrysler in Hudson, WI services it for me. Their service center is open weekdays until midnight too! I think when I dropped it off it was 10:30 pm.

My experience has actually been terrific with the car and I am pretty picky. I sure hope I am not just lucky.

As to the lifetime warranty, I sure hope Crysler is still in business. I really think one of the Big Three is going down the hole soon.
    I am really pleased about the ride of my pac and this weekend we took it on a trip I have the crusie set on 73 and I got 28 miles per gallon. Now you can not beat that with a car with that size. My husband drove back and he only got 25 but, he was in a hurry to get back home. I like the car, I just want them to get it fixed soon and not mess it up any worse than it already is.

Thanks for the info about the compass because, he wanted to buy one of those for the gas mileage. What did you not like about it??

Thanks
    Thats great yours is working with you. My Pac has been in the shop since the 16th of June.. ugh... Just tired of it.
  • yottsyotts Posts: 10
    Is there anyway your attorney can call me ?
  • elmo3elmo3 Posts: 9
    I am sure they can but would it not be easier to call them? They have different attorneys for different areas. I am dealing with Burge Law Office in Dayton Ohio and work with Beth Wells. Google the tele# as it comes up right away, area code 937.
    Well you are lucky you found a attorney. Ive called all in my city and no one deals with :lemon: laws. I did make the mistake of calling and getting info from one off the internet. they are based out of califorina. they will hound you and call, email..ect all the time, even when you tell them you dont want to go with their company.
    I'm sorry to hear that!!!! It makes you very upset when we have to continue making payments on a car that continues to have problems. I know what car I will look for if mine is a lemon. (Dodge Magumn). The Dodge's really drives and rides good and no shudder from the transmission, smooth also going in and out of gear. Now why can't chrylser get it right???? Good luck on your car.
    I know.. its horrible to pay for a piece of junk.
    I like the magumn also, but they are discontinuing it, makes me wonder...
    I dont think Chrysler is going to get anything right for awhile. :lemon:
  • waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    The 4.0L motor and the auto 6 speed transmission actually belongs to Mercedes. So is the load leveling suspension.
    I believe you are mistaken. The 4.0L is a modified 3.5L HO. The 6 speed Automatic is made by Borg Warner. The Load leveling suspension in not unique to MB.
    Many Jeep salespersons told buyers that a Jeep Liberty CRD (diesel) was made by MB, which was a huge blunder. Some myths start out of honest intentions, but in reality stories turn out to be untrue.

justme
    I think that most car salesmen have an advanced degree in BS.
    I have found that it pays to talk to the sales manager first. Ask him what sales person does not have a high pressure pitch. He may well give you what you did not want, but the sales manager will tell him don't push. I have bought my last four vehicles from the same salesman. He is about 30ish. He listens to what I want, and follows my wishes and direction. The dealership is not a high pressure place and there are none of this going from the sales person to the after market person and then to the extended warranty person and then to finance. Two persons that is it. So maybe you live where they use high pressure BS tactics, try a place in a smaller town, often theycan beat the city guys.

farout
    I have found that it pays to talk to the sales manager first. Ask him what sales person does not have a high pressure pitch. He may well give you what you did not want, but the sales manager will tell him don't push. I have bought my last four vehicles from the same salesman. He is about 30ish. He listens to what I want, and follows my wishes and direction. The dealership is not a high pressure place and there are none of this going from the sales person to the after market person and then to the extended warranty person and then to finance. Two persons that is it. So maybe you live where they use high pressure BS tactics, try a place in a smaller town, often theycan beat the city guys.

farout

farout
    My Horrifica has beensitting since May 27 when the arbitrator decided that Chrysler should buy it back. First they could not come up with the correct papers. Next they came up with a form that I signed giving me the Friends and Family discount. I never saw this form again until about aweek ago. Someone had added or deducted, as the case may be, $2.700.00 in negative equity. The balance due on my PT was $10,000 and that is what the gave me for the trade. No one seems to be able to explain where the negative equity showed up. In Ohio there is a section that you have to sign acknowledging the negative equity. It was not filled out and I did not sign it. I think that someone at the dealership pocketed $2,700 which I never would have known about if I had not won my arbitraion.
  • katie24katie24 Posts: 1
    I am new to the site but for the last 2 days have read everyones issues. Yes, I have a 2007 Pacifica with all the same proplems. I purchased mine in May, with 30,000 miles as a Chrysler program car. I had the same shutter, lagging and shifting issues, very annoying!! I am returning my pacifica to the chrysler dealer for the 3rd time. They have replaced my TC and several motor mounts, and reprogramed the computer. I must say the shutter totally stopped, but the shifting is horrible. I love my car and want to keep it. I am taking it back this weekend for another follow up. I am not sure of the last program code but will mention the 21-010-08 that seems to have helped others. In earlier talk, someone mentioned an additive that helped the transmission, did anyone try this. It was my understanding it could void the warranty, but was it helpful? Can anyone give me solutions they found helpful that I can mention to my dealer, other than a buy back. Is there anyone happy with their repaired 2007 Pacifica?