Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Transmission Problems

Comments

• faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Johnherryhoeha: You clearly have a lot to learn about a buy back! In a buy back You get the MSRP price no matter what kind of discount you got! Very seldom does a buy back take that there is not a mileage charge, and when there is no mileage charge it's strictly up to the Zone Rep. NO ONE needs a attorney for a buy back, unless Chrysler is playing hard ball because there is more to the story that gives some reasonable doubt there was some blame on the buyers part.
    In the star of Missouri you are untitled to $ 0 zip, nada, nothing, not one cent back on taxes only a credit difference on the trade you made. Chrysler will not in your wildest dreams give you any sales tax back either.
    IF a persons does not want to select another Chrysler vehicle to replace the buy back vehicle, then you most likely do need a attorney. That is NOT called a buy back!
    You sure are an tough person to communicate with. You have accused me of being a Chrysler Staff person, and now you think you know something when you are seriously wrong and being argumentative. There is no reason to be so mean. Hey, call Customer Care and ask them what a buy back really is. You are in for an awaking if you do.
    If you go for the Lemon Law then there is a whole new set of rules and one should always have a attorney for that, and an Arbitration Hearing, that's when Chrysler has the advantage if you don't have representation.
    As far as apples and oranges, there is a specfic name for each, a buy back is one thing I DO KNOW about by personal experience! What experience do you have with a buy back? I will be willing to hear where you have got your information, if you care to more fully explain yourself. It is not my desire to have rudeness or anything else, but neither do I intend to let anyone challenge me when I feel attacked and my word challenged or discredited.

farout
    trombone: You got a very excellent buy! You don't say if the PAC is a base, Touring or a Limited, or if it's a FWD or a AWD but no matter what it is a excellent buy. I would not worry about the TC problem, even if you do have the shudder, it is under warranty and thats the main thing, and it is fixable should it have to be R&R.
    You might consider getting a extended warranty. Hope you enjoy the PAC and the forum.

farout
  • johnhenryhoehajohnhenryhoeha Member Posts: 10
    You crushed me man! I hope you are happy. I have PTSD from My Military service with the United States Marine Corps. I will never post on this site again, where I and others can hide their Identities. I don't want anything from this far out beast. I got the cash from Chrysler every cent. He or she got the shaft. I'll Not be back. To Edmunds I appoligize and Thanks
    johnhenryhoeha: First, let me say I am deeply sorry you have PTSD. I thank you for your service for our country! I sincerely wish you would reconsider about leaving the forum. However, now that you got your money back you would most likely not want to post again in this PAC forum.
    I truely do understand you being a disabled Veteran, as I am a disabled Veteran as well. Keep the faith.

farout
  • ksearcyksearcy Member Posts: 3
    I just traded a 2004 Pacifica for a 2007 Touring with 10,000 miles on it. It seems
    to have most of the problems I've been reading about on this forum. It has a broken
    motor mount which is to be fixed next week. I think another problem may be that
    it is already in 5th gear by 30 miles per hour, so it lugs if any stress is put on it at
    all (such as an incline, no matter how slight). Anyway, I was wndering has anyone
    had any experience with Bud Browns service dept, they are located in Overland Park,
    Kansas? If so, how would you rate them?
  • rhollisrhollis Member Posts: 122
    Never heard of them, but I wish you luck. My 2007 is at a dealer's now - Chrysler's choice of dealer - for the sixth visit. I think that the Chrysler techs, if you can call them that, need some instruction in road testing. They simply will not drive a car because they do not get paid for it. As a result, they have no idea what the owner is talking about.
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    1 - My swap was done at Hudson Chrysler, Hudson, WI. They never test drove my car....they immediately acknowledged the problem based on my comments and just did the work.

2 - This the internet. People comment on their own experiences and no one is a true expert. Rules/laws are different from place to place and people are different too. No one should be too sensitive to what anyone says on a forum and the fact is, many comments would never be said in person. The internet is like booze, it makes people brave. As such, you need to consider everything and come to your own conclusion. There is no way to know if someone is telling the truth. Heck, I could come on here and say "I paid X for something", or "I work for Chrysler", or "I am an attorney", but no one can know for sure. Most everything said here is un-verifiable.
  • brokenspokebrokenspoke Member Posts: 15
    what is pinion factor? i have a 07 town and country 3.8 with 41Te and has intermitint rough shift or shudder between 1st and second gear, could this have something to do with pinion factor? Dealer tells me its normal, updated torque converter and reflash have been done, problem is still there.

Brokenspoke
  • dooucdoodooucdoo Member Posts: 19
    farout:

I have just passed 1000 miles since that flash/tc that we had and I'm happy to say not a hint of a lugging or shudder is present. The car drives great. Just thought you might like to know.
  • gthosgthos Member Posts: 15
    dooucdoo:

Do you have a code/TSB#/date on that most recent flash that you had? Most of my shudder went away with a flash back in Dec. (although only 1000-1500 miles ago), but I still detect a bit and I'm thinking of trying one more time if there's been any change in that flash code or whatever since then. Thanks
  • dooucdoodooucdoo Member Posts: 19
    gthos:

It was TSB # 21-010-08 and the date was in March 2008. They said it would take 600+ miles to break in and I'm over 1000 miles now and I'm happy to say there is no shudder/lugging so far. MPG mixed city/hway is 17.9 using 87 octane I'm in N Dakota.
  • fordfan_17fordfan_17 Member Posts: 175
    the pinion factor is basically what tire size is on the vehicle it HAS to be set in the tcm for correct trans operation any tranny shop can check this for you
    Glad it worked for you. Chrysler had 30 days to repair my transmission and front suspension problems. They installed a new torque converter and flashed the PCM. Igot the car back Thursday. While driving up a rather long hill on cruise, the car was going slower and slower and would not downshift by itself. I finally had to take careof that "automatic" function. The bright attorney neglected to tell the dealership that the fron suspension was a problem, so it is back to arbitration since they are not incompliance with the agreement - Monday is day 31. The car has been in the shop six times for 60 days since April 12, 2007. I have had it, and now I am demanding a ful refund - no more attempts at repairs.
  • elmo3elmo3 Member Posts: 9
    My Pac 2007 got the latest TSB and a new torque converter at a new dealership and after 1000 miles it is back to the same shudder and hard shifting and now bump stops. I am fed up as well and even though I gave them another chance to repair against my better judgement I am now thru with thsi crap as well. I have filed against the dealership and Chrysler and waiting for all this to play out. I am demanding a full refund as I turned down a $1500 settlement offer already. Good luck and keep me posted as my attorney wants to file a class action lawsuit against Chrysler as she has also been reading all these posts as well.
    Let me know your attorney's name and phone number. I will gladly talk to her.
    elmo3: I have empathy for what you are experiencing. I had a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD (diesel) and a lot of buyers had good luck and others like mine were in the shop everytime the shop doors were open. How can one person get a good one and another the worst of the production run. Then how come Chrysler treats some people real fair and others seem to hit every road block to resolving the issues.
    I am very sure there ar emany who read this and many other forums, and how much effect it has is some what up for question.
    My opinion, as for what every it's worth, is that the dealership may well have some tec's that may not know what the heck they are doing. Has the same person done it all times? I had one reflash just after we bought it, and 6,000 miles later they did the R&R of the TC and reflashed again. The shudder was still there. On 03/32/08 the reflashed with a newer program, and that did the trick! It was about 2,000 miles after it was gone for good. We now have more than 15,400 miles on it and it shifts great. So why or how I have no idea.
    I honestly hopwe you and rhollis get a fair deal soon.

farout
    I have found that many times the techs are not permitted to think. They do what Chrysler tells them to do. Of course a lot gets lost in the translation. I have always tried to be very specific with the problems in my car, but instead of giving the tech my list (I have been in the auto repair business for over 40 years) it gets translated to some simplified form.
    I have driven my car about 300 miles since a torqueconverter was installed and the PCM was reflashed. It is slowly getting back to shifting the same old incorrect way.
  • bigarmy25idbigarmy25id Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2007 Pacifica Touring 6spd 4 Liter in January of this year. It had 9,000 mi. on it and a 36,000 mi Warranty. Power train only comes with 08 models of first time buyers. I started experiencing problems shortly after purchase. I bought it in VA but now live in Ga. I took it to Milton Ruben Motors a five star dealer on JAN 22 at 10844 mi. with complaints of harsh shifting at 15-25MPH and harsh down shift at 30-25MPH. They Reprogrammed PCM with Stars can B. Also they found ck fluid and added ¾ qt. no leaks found. Took it back on FEB 15 at 11571 mi. They put a new isolator engine mount. They also put that FRT Center Torque Mount is cracked said they installed new one but I don’t see how that is possible since I am now asking them to put a new one on and they act like it has to come from California. Funny because I had to fight the Manager on the phone for an hour to order this. Took back to Milton Ruben on FEB 21 at 12687 mi. Looked for TSB found TSB 21-016-07 which is now updated to TSB 21-010-08.They keep test driving flashing PCM and saying problem is fixed. I would pick my vehicle up and get down the road realizing that it still wasn’t fixed. Then I drove back to VA took it to Billy Craft Chrysler on MAR 27 with 14352 mi. where I bought this lemon. They did DRB III Scan tool, updated PCM found Loss of Communication with NGC Module tried to rewrite but couldn’t. They said they would have to order a part but my leave was up and I had to go back to Ga. Took to Milton Ruben of Augusta Ga. On APR 1 with 14825 mi. They put a Module Memory Seat Control in it. Problem still there. I was angry and made an appointment with the Service Manager and Transmission Tech the next day. They both rode with me acknowledging the problem verbally while not putting anything on paper. They told me it was a characteristic. I said ok get me a similar car with same engine, miles, year etc. They only had an 08 with low miles but same engine. We both tried but with no prevail to make the 08 act up. Perfect shifting as far as I was considered. The Service Manager then tried to talk me into trading my Pacifica. I thought why I would do that when you can’t even fix this problem with an 07. They will only give me $14,000 trade in and I owe $19,999 on payoff after I had put $3,000 down when purchased. What a laugh. The Service Manager said they would contact Corporate to seek opinion on what to do. They called me the next day said Corporate said it’s just a characteristic of the Pacifica and they couldn’t explain why it doesn’t do it on all Pacificas. I have contacted Chrysler Customer Service three times and they are no help won’t even return phone calls. I then took it Augusta Dodge on APR 15 at 15675 mi. for second opinion. They couldn’t find a fault code therefore no problem right. Maybe if I had just fallen off the turnip truck yesterday I would believe them but they all refuse to acknowledge or fix the problem and even when they do they say well maybe it’s a characteristic. Bull!! I then took it to Triangle Dodge in South Carolina at request of a friend who said they were the best. Drove the vehicle 40 mi. to this dealer dropped off on MAY 2 at 16448 mi. they test drove forty miles and were just like all the others. I was hot and angry talked to the Service Manager who was looking through the paper work and was shocked that most of the paper work wasn’t on the Chrysler world system. He found that Milton Ruben of Augusta had diagnosed the problem as a TC but no TC billed to Chrysler Warranty. Hmm He told me to take it back to them order the part and potentially fix this problem. Called my tech guy at Milton Ruben he said sure bring it in. Then I called back to make sure they had the part and parts said they would have to order from CA. but needed permission from Manager. Thats when me and the Service Manager got in an argument. He wanted me to bring it back in so they could evaluate it again. I told him I have given you guys enough chances to evaluate. I was even in there shop a whole week once. He said he didn’t think it was the TC. We argued I threatened a law-suit and then he said he would order the part and give me a call when it gets in. While studying this website I found that Chrysler had a problem with TC built on or before DEC. 15 2006. What a coincidence mine was built on OCT 06. Hmm It is TSB 21-002-07 REV. B Thanks for your time and I hope I spare some fortunate soul with similar problems.
    Bigarmy25id: WOW!!!!! I am stunned and you have been through the mill! By my count you have been to 4 dealers and have made six or more trips to get this fixed, more or less. Our PAC AWD Touring was made 12/12/06 and we had the TC R&R and it made very little difference until March 31, 08 when they did the latest reflash which took care of the shudder.
    By what you said the TC has never been replaced, that needs to be done or you will be chasing rabbits until the cows come home. There is no reason you should not contact the Dealer ship manager or owner of the place you bought it and tell him what you have been through and what you expect to be done. That should stirr some kind of action.
    I am thinking because you are in the Army, is there not a Legal Office that you can get some help from?
    The biggest suggestion I have is something only you can do to help yourself in a huge way. KEEP YOU COOL! THE ONE WHO IS IN CONTROL OF ALL HIS EMOTIONS USUALLY WINS AND IS MUCH FURTHER AHEAD! Let the people at the dealership get heated up, it will sure make your point easier to prove.
    You also have the BBB to contact and there is always demanding the Chrysler Zone Rep to be brought in on this. You must be calm and collected when dealing with all this. Remember they would rather trade you into a New PAC that fix this one. So be firm and polite.
    Here is another avenue, call the owner who had this vehicle before you, and see why it was traded in. It just might have been the same problems you are having, and the dealer talked them into trading also. If that's the case you have some more information to make your point LOUD AND CLEAR!
    Hope this helps some, let us know how it turns out!

farout
    Bigarmy25id: WOW!!!!! I am stunned and you have been through the mill! By my count you have been to 4 dealers and have made six or more trips to get this fixed, more or less. Our PAC AWD Touring was made 12/12/06 and we had the TC R&R and it made very little difference until March 31, 08 when they did the latest reflash which took care of the shudder.
    By what you said the TC has never been replaced, that needs to be done or you will be chasing rabbits until the cows come home. There is no reason you should not contact the Dealer ship manager or owner of the place you bought it and tell him what you have been through and what you expect to be done. That should stirr some kind of action.
    I am thinking because you are in the Army, is there not a Legal Office that you can get some help from?
    The biggest suggestion I have is something only you can do to help yourself in a huge way. KEEP YOUR COOL! THE ONE WHO IS IN CONTROL OF ALL HIS EMOTIONS USUALLY WINS AND IS MUCH FURTHER AHEAD! Let the people at the dealership get heated up, it will sure make your point easier to prove.
    You also have the BBB to contact and there is always demanding the Chrysler Zone Rep to be brought in on this. You must be calm and collected when dealing with all this. Remember they would rather trade you into a New PAC that fix this one. So be firm and polite.
    Here is another avenue, call the owner who had this vehicle before you, and see why it was traded in. It just might have been the same problems you are having, and the dealer talked them into trading also. If that's the case you have some more information to make your point LOUD AND CLEAR!

farout
    The biggest suggestion I have is something only you can do to help yourself in a huge way. KEEP YOUR COOL! THE ONE WHO IS IN CONTROL OF ALL HIS EMOTIONS USUALLY WINS AND IS MUCH FURTHER AHEAD! Let the people at the dealership get heated up, it will sure make your point easier to prove.

farout
  • hotsshotss Member Posts: 9
    Finally Chrysler agreed to buy back my crappy car. After I don't know how many trips to the dealer and I don't know how many loaner cars later, I now own a beautiful 08 Aspen.

As of right now THEIR pacifica is sitting outside the shop and it refuses to start. They narrowed it down to a sensor or something that is stealing the ground from the starter. However I really do not care, it is their problem now!!

Good luck to all with a crappy pacifica, customers that spend good money should not have to put up with a problematic car. At least Chrysler stepped up and finally came through for me!
    I wrote to Steven Landry, Executive Vice President of North American Sales for Chrysler. I enclosed copies of correspondence to Chrysler's attorney. The response that I received was a phone call from a woman who told me that Chrysler wasn't going to do anything for me because I had filed for arbitration. I pointed out if they had done what they were supposed to do at the last service visit, I would not have had to file for arbitration. That did not seem to make any difference. They certainly have a wonderful customer relations policy. When someone write to me I either respond with a letter of a phone call. I do not have one of my lackeys handle it.
  • rondyrondy Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys - regrettably I am starting to experience the rumble. I don't know where to start. After reading all of the posts it seems exhaustive. I have an '07 with 25,000 miles on it. I purchased it with just a little over 20,000. At least I have all the information you guys have given me to work with. I'll keep you posted.
    rondy: If you bought the PAC from a Chrysler,Dodge, Jeep dealer call the Service manager and ask if its had the TC R&R and the latest reflask which is the one that came out in Marck 08. If you got it off another dealer than call the Chrysler dealer of your choice and ask them the same question. Ther should be no charge for the work. Perhaps if your planing on holding on to the PAC for more than the warranty it came with, you might consider a Chrysler Service Contract. I have had more than 12 brand new Chrysler products and never bought a vehicle without one. I have allways got back what I paid and even then some.
    The rumble you feel is called a shudder, I called it a lugging, so at any rate this should fix it. Good kuck, hope this helps and let us know how it turns out

farout
    After many months of telling Chrysler that my car had transmission and front suspension problems it was finally decided in arbitration that they would buy back my car. Driving it 5556 miles in a little over 13 months should be an indication of how unpleasant an experience it was. It is sad that some of these cars, which are good looking and comfortable and have ample interior room are such peices of junk.
    rhollis: Congradulations! Now you have to select what you want to replace it with. It is odd how some people get a vehicle that gives nothing but trouble, and one vehicle made just before and after your bad one was made, work perfectly. I guess there is no logical explimation is there. Let me know what you choose to replace it with. The Dodge Journey or the caravan or T&C might be a fit. Good hunting.

farout.
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    Hi guys I have not been here in some time because I have been driving my other car and my wife the PAC yesterday y got the PAC and is driving worst than ever shuddering and the same intrusive down shift that my car has since new, I going to get some time this week to take it to the shop it has been 5 times one TC, one set of engine mounts several reflashing and comes back to bad.
    why Chrysler don't just change the full transmission and the computer from the new town and country, I have heard that works very well.
    as I have tell you before I really like the car but I want it drives as it looks.
    Regards.
    There used to be a joke about not buying a car made on a Friday or Monday. Mine was made on Monday - guess it is not a joke after all. I have had 5 or 6 Grand Caravans and 2 T&Cs, so that is the direction I am heading. I just need to get a decent price.
    Anyone who decides to arbitrate, should ask for an outside inspector. This is what clinched the deal for me, that and an inspector of my choosing who came up with the same findings. Chryslerdid not wish to believe me when I told them of theproblems with my car. I have been in the business for over 40 years so I think I have a slight idea what is going on with a vehicle. I persevered and went along with their requests for "another chance" until it became obvious that they had no clue what they were doing.
    fashulz: I wonder when the last ref;ash was done? I had the ame experience as you, but had the newer March reflash doen and it did make a complete change. It was just a little better at first and within 1,000 miles it was smooth with no problems. I would call the Service manager and check to see if the March reflash was done. If it was tell your service manager you want the Zone Rep. to come and see what he thinks. Then either call or visit the General manager and tell him you ask that he follow up with a call to the Zone Rep also. Then call 1800 992 1997 and speak with the part that lest you talk with a rep.
    This has worked several times for people on this and other forums. I know because I went through it with our 2005 Jeep Liberty diesel.
    Let me know how it turns out.

farout
  • quincydquincyd Member Posts: 1
    my pacifica is in the shop right now, for the fourth time. they changed the tourque converter in march, but it's still the same. now they are telling there was a new TC after they installed mine.
    how did you get them to buy it back? i dont know where to begin. i have another 18 months on my lease. i would love to get another car. i hate this one
  • hotsshotss Member Posts: 9
    In my case, the service mgr contacted the zone rep for Chrysler. He told him all the problems I was having with my crappy pac, at the same time I called the Chrysler 800 number and complained, in a nice mannor. After a couple of months I was driving a 08 Aspen. My suggestion would be to tell your service mgr what you want done, just to prepare him and let him know he will be getting a call from Chrysler after you call the number. Good luck, I know it is frustrating, and it takes a little time. I was having a lot of problems with mine, it wasn't just the tc, Im not sure how it will work with a leased vehicle.
    quincyyd: I have helped give the information to several who have got buy backs. Hotss I believe is one. Here are the steps. Have all your paper work that has been done and ready to show the Zone rep. First call your Service manager and tell him you want the Zone Rep called in on this PAC. Then call the Daelership manager or owner and ask him to follow up that the Zone Rep was called. Then call 800 992 1997 and tell then the complete situation. Tell them you have asked for the Zone Rep to get involved. Tell them you feel you want a buy back. MOST OF ALL BE POLITE, KIND, AND PATIENT. DO NOT DOWN GRADE THE DEALR OR ANY TEC. GIVE SOME KIND OF PRAISE FOR THEIR HELPING YOU.
    We started our buy back on Feb. 16,07 on our Jeep Liberty diesel, we had the new replacement viechile (2007 Compass) on April 4, 07 and all the paper work was done by May 2, 07. It seems like a long time buy it moves pretty quickly. There is a charge for milage used, my case .05 cents a mile on 29,000 miles.
    Make sure you have all the dates you Pac has been in the shop and the length of time you have been with out the PAC's use. Good luck let me know how it works for you.

farout
    Get all of your paperwork together and file for arbitration with:
    National Center for Dispute Settlement
    22500 Metropolitan Parkway
    Suite 200
    Clinton Township, MI 48035

If you do not like the result of arbitration, you need to take the car back to the dealer for another attempt at repairing it. If they do not, you can file again. It takes time, so be patient and persevere.
    According to my agreement, Chrysler is to give me a total refund with no write off for mileage.

Good Luck
  • juleszeejuleszee Member Posts: 16
    :lemon: I have a 2007 Pacifica, bought in Oct, brand new
    So far, we have had it in the shop 14 times and a total of 43 days. :lemon:
    The major problem is when you are driving through a parking lot or up a hill It falls out of gear then stutters back into gear.
    This is just the topping of the cake. We have had a ton of problems so far and parts replaced. How do I get help with these problems, dealership says its normal and there is nothing wrong. They refuse to call the district area rep. and the 1-800 number is a total joke. Any help would be great!
  • elmo3elmo3 Member Posts: 9
    I feel your pain. I am going into the 7 month of litigation but an getting close to a resolution. regardless of what anyone says, contacting a Lemon Law Attorney right away is the best way to go as you keep fighting to have your car repaired. I would not wait for Chrysler to solve the problem as they hold the upper hand as long as you keep taking it back for repairs. Document everything including repair reciepts and talk to an attorney. Most Lemon Law attorneys will work on your behalf an dget paid when you settle. Begin the process now and put a little pressure on them. I would also take the vehicle to another dealership for repair as this documents your disatisfaction with the repairs you have already recieved. I have had a few tokens settlement offers and am staaying the course to have the car "bought back". I just want to start fresh with a vehicle I can depend upon. I am actually now in federal court with a class action suit for just these problems and they seem to be taking this one seriously. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Chrysler is supposed to be buying back my 2007 Pacifica. The problem now is that the selling dealer does not seem to have the proper paprwork. I have not driven my car for a month, but I am still paying for it and the insurance. If Chrysler had a half compentent atorney,I would not be writing this.
    Ive contacted the dealers.. Every one we have went to says that its normal. We can't go back to where we bought it, they bought back our first van and we had to get the pacifica from them. so they sold us another lemon. The other 2 dealerships in town say there is nothing wrong with it. Along with all the other problems we have had. I just dont know what to do. There are no attorneys in our area that deal with the lemon law. Chrylser is a joke. The response we got was well take it to another shop.. everytime we asked a question. Im just so done with it.
    Here is the information that you need.

National Center for Dispute Settlement
    22500 Metropolitan Parkway
    Suite 200
    Clinton, MI 48035

Write to them telling them of your problems. They will tell you what you need to file for arbitration. If the arbitrator finds in Chryslers favor, take the car in again, let them try to fix it again, and refile. It took me three filings to get satisfaction.

I had two independent inspectors drive my car (one I chose and NCDS chose the other one) and they both came up with the same problems that I came up with. I have in the business for 40 years, so I have a slight idea of how a car is supposed to perform.
  • drwalliedrwallie Member Posts: 1
    Had my car for a year and half brought it used with 20000 miles on it.always noticed the tranny shifted funny but paid no attention to it until I found this web site.When I brought my wifes car in for service (a dodge caliber)I asked about my car and the tsb. The service manager said their is none on my car and cant fit anything if a number doesnt exsist?I gave him 21-010-08 and reflash 68022304AE,said numbers dont show up on the computer?What do you have to do to get the ball rolling?Cars I used to own I would drive them to 200000 to 300000 miles before I got rid of them with no major problems.
    It depends on whether your car has the 4.0 engine and the 6 speed transmission. Try calling Chrysler. The number should be in the back of the owner's manual. Make certain that you have all of your paper work before making the call.
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    I took my PAC again last week to try to fix the shudder and the intrusive down shift but the people from chrysler told me that this is normal in this car, almost like saying that is some of the features of the car I tried to go the nice way I will get a lemon lawyer .
    Well this is even better, Last week I took the Pac to the shop on a wednesday. I called, friday, monday and tuesday. Come to find out, They never touched it, let it sit in the parking lot and it got pounded with hail. Then they didnt call to tell me my Pac was damaged. I didnt find out until I had to walk to the back parking lot to pick up my Pac and see the damage myself. Then they told me it they wernt going to do anything about it. I was MAD :mad:
    So they still say that it drives and shifts normal and that its normal driving for a PAC i think im going to get ahold of that company and see about another buy back.. ugh.. 2 bad chrysler products in less than a year. :sick:
    One of the people who posted on this site was told by a dealer that if they did not like the way the car shifted they should use the auto-stick. What, then, is the purpose of having an automatic transmission?
    Ours told us never to use the auto-stick when the transmission was acting up. I dont think any of these shops know what they are doing.
  • d08d08 Member Posts: 16
    I have a 2007 pacifica and only have 3500 miles on it. I have noticed the same problems as every one else about the shudder so I took it to my dealer for repair. they replaced the tc and said that the car had to go through a reprogamming stage. They probally only drove it a 100 miles, when I get it back and drive I still notice the shudder. Do I have to drive it more miles for the re-progamming to fix the problem. Any advice would greatly be appreciated!!!!
  • d08d08 Member Posts: 16
    I just have that same thing replaced on my car and it still shudders. Do I need to drive it more miles for this to go away? I just picked my car up today and that replaced the tc yesterday.

Thanks
    I am going to save this post # so I can refer others to it.

I can see there is a lot of frustration and anger and rightly so. You are paying money that should be enough to get the PAC fixed right and be done with the problems! It seems the transmission with the 4. L engine seems to be problem most of us has had or having.
    First Step. When you show anger your anger you have failed step one! Be cool and collected. Show that you are in control of your temper, and the situation. Remember you have the right to have the vehicle work properly. They will fix it no matter what excuse they give. Be calm, cool and collected.

Second Step. Keep accurate Records. Make a paper trail! Record every time and date, and to whom you talk to. Get every persons name you talk with or leave a message with. Get a service slip everytime you go to the shop. Warranty work has to give you a copy of everytime you are there.

Third Step. Go and tell or call your Service Manager you want the Chrysler Zone Rep Contacted about the the problems and not being able to fix the problem. Go or call the Dealership Owner, or General Manager that you have requested the Chrysler Zone Rep be brought in on all, the problems you have had. Follow these calls or talks with a letter saying what you have requested, to each (General Manager, and Service Manager) and say to each, you have sent a copy to each of them, and Chrysler LLC.

Fourth Step. Call 800 992 1997, talk with the people and give them all the details. Then ask them to help in getting the dealership to follow through with your request. AGAIN NOTE THE TIME AND DATE AND WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO.
    Notes are very, very, important. Be nice, respectful, keep your cool.

Fifth Step. Call the dealership, Service Manager and ask what the Zone Rep. said. If her has not called the Zone Rep. Tell him you are going to give him 5 working days and to make contact and get back to you or you will have to take other actions. Keep a record of the date and time.

Sixth Step. Call the 800 992 9997 and tell them if there has been no contact made, ask for their help again. Record the info in your records. Call the 800 everytime you talk with anyone so they too have a record of your attempts to get help.

Seventh Step. If you have had the Zone Rep make contact and he wants to review the problems then ask him if you can fax your notes and receipts of the times in the shop and times with out the PAC. If the Zone Rep, or the dealer refuses to follow through, call the 800 992 1997 and ask them to help or you will be forced to take measures you would rather not take.

Eighth Step. If you can not get any help at any of the above, here are some choices. Call the BBB and get the papers to go against the dealership. Call your State Attorney General Office. Get our the Lemon Law book in the Owners Packet for Abritration and follow the instructions for your state. And again you can hire a Lawyer yourself at anytime.

Ninth Step. Keep your records neat and be ready to fax or send them to anyone who would be interested to see and help you. This is the key, most people lack documentation and blow their cool, and vent their anger and that sinks your boat. Remember YOU are in Control as long as you Control yourself.

Tenth Step. Be looking ate what Chrysler made vehicle you want to replace the PAC with. Be looking on the Chrysler web sites for a dealer that has the vehicle you want to get to replace your PAC. If all goes right it talkes about four months to start this and to have the new replacement.

We have had two buy backs, and on both Chrysler went overboard to please us. I wish you all well, let me know how it works for you. Remember there are no second chances to make a kind friendly impression. Be Cool and in control.

farout
    The simple fact is that Chrysler does not have a clue as to how to repair these vehicles..If they do, they are not sharing the correct information with the dealer service departments.
    Keep track of everything and file for arbitration. In some states, Ohio for one, the teeth have been taken out of the lemon law. I talked to a lemon law attorney after my final arbitration and told him the results, and he said that he could not have gotten the same results for me - buy back with no write off for mileage. The problem that I have now, on a car that I am still paying for and insuring, is that the dealer from whom I bought it cannot seem to produce the necessary paperwork to complete the deal.
    I have already purchased a replacement because I refuse to drive my Pacifica. This gets costly after a while.