Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Tire/Wheel Questions

2»

Comments

• waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    Did someone say tires?

Only place to buy tires is at www.tirerack.com. Been using them for 15 years. I also race, so tires are a big part of what I need.

I have the 19" rims on my Pacifica. There are ONLY two tire options made right now for these rims. I hope there are more options in the future.

As far as tires lasting and rotations etc.... I belong to the school that tire rotations are often a waste. The key is having a propper alignment. I have 70k miles on a 500 hp Mustang and have never, not once rotated a tire. In fact, I can't, because the front and rears are a different size - lol. You should check the wear and that will tell you a lot.

Also, keep the pressure up. I run my Pac at about 40 lbs of air. The ride is a bit stiffer, but you will get slightly better mpg.

I am not saying that you should not rotate them, just that you don't need to get carried away especially if you have to pay for the rotations.

As far as the rims, if you have chrome ones, only get them balanced where they use 3-D style weights that go inside the rim. The old-school weights that they use from the factory will ruin the rim edges over time.
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Posts: 98
    Same school of thought here, i never rotate tires, i keep the car aligned by checking it out periodically. I actually have never owned a car where i did rotate the tires, and have not had any issues at all. Lots of miles on sets of tires for the most part. Unless I hit something like a big rock, logs, or a curb after fishtailing out of control. :)
  • shagphilshagphil Posts: 2
    rfee. I did the exact same thing except I replaced with 20" wheels on my '04. You are stuck! There is nothing that I have found that can be done. I even went to Chrysler about the problem and they tell me it is a "safety issue". That's why you can't turn off the system message. In NC the law says you MUST have your lights on if you have your windshielf wipers on....but you can disable that in the Pacifica. What it is is a legal protection for Chrysler and the tire Manufacturers. These things have been put on since the Bronco rollover issue. So far, I can't find any way around it. I just put my originals back on and the damn thing still does it. Took it in and paid $85 for a diagnostic test to tell me that one of the sensors had gone bad and it would cost $220 to replace.
    So, I just ride around with the silly message. Don't seem right that you can't get to any other messages. But the warnings such as door ajar, etc will still show.
    Shagphil :mad:
  • waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    I just had Nokians installed on my wife's Saab.....the tires are awesome. They are apparently the only all-season tire with a severe snow tire rating and are warrentied by Nokian for 50k miles. Now, here is the catch....to keep the warranty they need to be rotated every 5k miles....dam. At least the rotations are free and I will just get the oil done at the same time.

If Nokian made these puppies in a 19", they would be on the Pac tomorrow.
  • tudstuds Posts: 2
    I own a 2008 paifica. AT 15 k a noise started. It sounds like the tire hits plastic but it doesnt. Took to dealer they replaced the rotors. Noise still theretokk it back and they replaced the rack. All via warrenty. Noise is still there and dealer has no clue what to do next. It happens mainly on right turns but does it left also.It does sound lie pwer stering some and or the rubing noise, any sugestions.. thanks
  • jen812jen812 Posts: 2
    I had a similar problem on my 04...I had to replace the front lower control arms and the gaskets and that took care of the problem.
  • Anybody know if a full size spare tire will fit under a 2007 with dual exhaust?
  • I just bought 22" wheels for my 2006 pacifica and I was going crazy because I tough that I wasn't going to be able to turn off the tpms sensor light based on what people was saying, so what I did I bought original chrysler sensor from ebay for $100 dollar and then put it on the new rims. When the rims where in the car already I press the menu button and reset the factory reset future and that was it, they work perfect and ride beautiful just like the original rims.
  • I have a 2007 Pac and want to replace the 17' rims with 20" rims. Trying not to do deep dish rims or low profile tires. Also want to switch from those noisey Mich and try General Grabbers HTS Tires. Tires are from Tire Rack and come with very good specs. Any comments?
  • my wife drives a 2004 pacifica with 235/65R17. i had planned to put new all season tires on in november anyway to get ready for the midwest winter, but noticed last weekend this really weird wear spot on her rear passenger tire. there is a strip (about 2" wide and about 5" long) wear the tire is worn down past the rubber to white!

any thoughts on what might cause that are greatly appreciated as i don't want to put on new tires and then have the same thing happen right away.

also, what tires should i get. we live out in the sticks a bit (no dirt roads though) and drive mostly I-94 from wisconsin into minnesota. My friend as bridgestone dueler a/t revos on his pick up and loves them. i'm thinking of getting those for the pacifica, though when i call places they always tell me those are pretty aggressive tires for a pacifica. i'm thinking that's a good thing as i'm not sure what the back roads in wisconsin are going to look like at 5:30 to 6:00 in the morning in the middle of winter and we have to get into the twin cities to teach. we have to go in to work even when it's a snow day for everyone else.

what i'm looking at
    1. bridgestone dueler a/t revo
    2. firestone destination a/t
    3. general grabber hts

thanks!
  • We had a similar issue with our 2005. Get a good alignment done. Ours was off a bit and caused the wear. Also make sure all the pressures are the same. If one tire is higher it could cause it to wear uneven.

I just replaced the crappy Mich's with Yokohama Parada Spec-x and couldn't be happier. They grip like sport tires and have gotten us through VERY heavy rains with ease. I'll know how they act come winter time but have no hesitations about them at all. And for our 19" wheels they were 100$ cheaper then the others.
  • evan7evan7 Posts: 1
    Do you want to sell your 17" rims?
  • How have they worked for you? They seem to be the only tire that fits the Pacifica that are recommended by Consumer Reports.
  • I've been pleased thus far. No unusual wear, nice tread pattern. They have nice grip on wet surfaces.
  • After looking at consumer reports and tirerack.com I came to the conclusion on these tires for price, performance, and features. And do not replace with michelins mxv4 plus tires, not worth what they put on and cost.
    General Grabber HTS
    Goodyear Assurance Tripletread
    Kumho Solus KR21
    I also know the Goodyear Fortera Tripletread gets good reviews, but cost is hindering.
    Another question, I had mine rebalanced and rotated due to shaking and vibration, but car still does it. Is it still the tires, which have 48000+ miles on them now and need replaced.
  • Does anybody in Dallas or near Dallas, have a basic 17' wheel for sale. I am trying to get a full size spare for my Pacifica.
    Thanks
  • cpick21cpick21 Posts: 2
    Recently we took my newly purchase used 2007 Pacifica on vacation and noticed a whistling sound in the front right hand corner of the dash. I happened to push out on the front window and noticed it moved. What am I to do. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? I don't have a leak just a whistle.
  • cpick21cpick21 Posts: 2
    Do I have to replace all 4 tires at the same time or can I just do the front two tires and then later in the fall the back two?
  • pssimonpssimon Posts: 143
    I need to look for tires. The original Michelins are almost gone at 41000 miles. What are others using these days? I really want something that has a high mileage rating but is also a quiet tire. When I wen through tirerack.com, there doesn't seem to be very many good, quiet tires.

All thoughts GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ
  • rundanirunrundanirun Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I have the same problem with my 2007 Pacifica. When I asked my mechanic about it he said the caulking around the corner of the window needed to be reinforced, that it was almost gone. It is quite annoying driving over 70.
2»