Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca Tire/Wheel Questions

13»

Comments

• x5killerx5killer Posts: 368
    i got 20" black wheels and Toyo tires way back within first 6 mo of having my B9.

now i wish i had nad might still do 22" wheels with possibly some Pirelli Zero Asymmetrico tires unless i just wait to do the 22 thing on my next car. hopefully a newer MDX but dont want to make same mistake i did with B9 and get first year it comes out though mdx is just redesign not brand new model like b9 was and i got screwed on the first year cargo cover etc but mostly just want the mdx price to go down once second year of redesign is released.
  • I have a B9 on order, with the special edition package. The dealer says the factory is out of the alloy wheels (18 x 8.0) so I get to buy some new wheels, which is great b/c I can dress up the car a bit. I've found some wheels that are really cool, but the closest size they come in to the OEM is 18 x 7.5. I am admittedly ignorant about offset sizes, etc., so can someone tell me if these will fit the Tribeca ok? The wheel supplier says no one has tried to fit these on a Tribeca yet, so they say I might need 'spacers'. What's that about? Also, is is possible to go bigger in wheel size? The same wheels that I like come in 20 x 8.5.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Always use the proper offset and wheel width as the stockers, spacers are dangerous and the inproper offset will cause pre-mature wheel bearing issues that won't be covered by the warranty.

-mike
  • tupintupin Posts: 71
    The factory is out of alloy wheels?!??!!! Seems weird to me....Sure the SE edition is not that plentiful but how will they replace wheels damaged etc.

For the best selection of wheels...check out tirerack.com.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Highly doubt that.

-mike
  • nhstevenhsteve Posts: 78
    Would someone please recommend a good replacement tire for my 2006 B9? I live in New Hampshire, want something good for rain, snow, safety, quiet, longetivity.

I have to replace them this month, cannot pass inspection with the current factory tires.
    Thanks for your help.
  • bgunit68bgunit68 Posts: 18
    I replaced my tires at 54k with a set of Michelin Synchrone 4X4 (Discount Tire). The rating is great for wet and good for snow. I live near Albany N. We got a lot of snow last year. They were great in the snow. I got better mileage on them too. And they are unreal on wet pavement. I, also, have a Ford Sport Trac. I can't wait to get a set for that. The Tribeca is a far better car. We already have 80k on it. We are looking at the new ones. It is my first Subaru but definitely not my last. I have an awesome dealer as well(Goldstein,Albany,NY).
  • nhstevenhsteve Posts: 78
    Thanks for the reply. I will check them out.
  • slance66slance66 Posts: 21
    I seem to be thinking the opposite of the others here. To me, the OEM tires are both lousy (especially in snow) and too wide. For snow and for better mileage, I would rather switch to a narrower tire. Has anyone thought about whether 235-60-18s would work on the standard wheels? Seems like the difference in circumference and sidewall height is minor.
  • efinch2efinch2 Posts: 3
    I just purchased 4 new Yokohama 255/55R tires. They are nice and quiet. The only problem is the tire pressure light stays on. How do i turn it off?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Who installed them?

I wonder if they damaged the tire pressure sensors? Or maybe they mounted the tires on the wrong corner of the car?
  • efinch2efinch2 Posts: 3
    Should i take it back to Discount Tire or the subaru dealer.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'd go to the tire store first. If damage was done they'll fix it free, while the dealer won't (correctly so).
13»