Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Convertible Top and Sunroof Problems

1234568»

Comments

• drovkadrovka Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Sebring JXI and the drivers side metal scissor bracket is broken. dealer will only sell entire new top or new car. am just looking for scissor bracket and installation instructions.
  • papaccpapacc Posts: 1
    i have a 2008 hard top convertable. when the hard top closes, the sizzors mechacism on the side of the HT catches the headliner, twists it up, and breaks the rear "package tray" in the back by the attaching straps. this has happened twice at a cost of 300-500 dollars! anyone else with this problem? did chrysler pay for this design problem?
    JCC
  • I have a 1999 Chrysler Sebring Convertible and over the last few weeks there have been torrential rains. Now when I drive the car, there is what sounds like a very large body of water somewhere in the car; it is beginning to smell moldy and there is water on the floor. I also noticed there was condensation on the inside of the rear window. If anyone has had this problem, where would the water be and what do I do?
  • dan_chdan_ch Posts: 1
    Try to lift your car somewhere and look for a hose or opening somewhere close to the left rear fender. There is a train hose or something which is clogged. try to use a wire or even pressed air to clean this hose. Be aware that many liters of dirty water will pouring out.
    Let the window open for air circulation if possible to let the car try out afterwards before you got mildew and stuff.
    Good luck.
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 974
    edited November 2013
    Quite a few members have had water issues, Rosie -- check this link to see more info clearing the drain dan_ch mentioned: Chrysler Sebring Water Leaks

ClaireS, Host
    Automotive News & Views | Coupes & Convertibles

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• there are water channels below your doors on the underside of the rocker panels and one on each side of the windshield in the center of the pillars... make sure they're not bent shut or pinched off or full of debris... a simple flat head screw driver will safice for the bottom ones just put it in the (slots) channels and free up any debris.... use a wire hanger for the top ones (if its a convertible) lower your top and on each side of the windshield right next to where the top latches are there's a hole in the center of the rubber... just push the hanger down as far as you can and pull it back up out.. do it a couple times but make sure you remove it when you're finished
1234568»