Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Water Leaks

Comments

• keriekerie Posts: 1
    I am searching for a solution to the standing water problem. After our recent rain of 7.5 inches, I ended up with 3 inches of water inside the car on the passenger side. After draining it out with a shop vac, I started driving down the road. That's when I started hearing more water sloshing around. Seems it comes in around the rear window. Does anyone have an answer as to how to stop more water from seeping in? I'm afraid to take the car to the car wash because of this problem. HELP! :confuse:
  • I think I solved the water problem by reading post #253. Someone suggested using a paperclip instead of a screwdriver. I used a paper clip along the passenger side and sure enough the water came pouring out.

i
  • I own a used 2000 Sebring luxury. My dash lights don't come on (I already turn the nob....it does not work) Can some one tell me what the problem could be.

Also, my vehicle was collecting water and it actually overflow into back floor of the vehicle, damaging my receiver under the passenger seat. Any one knows how much does it cost to replace the amp. Chrysler claims that they are not aware of the water problems with this vehicle. :surprise:

I was able to get the water collected in the vehicle out by using a paper clip to open the clog drains. :D
  • My chysler sebring touring is a beautiful car but leaks water on the in side very bad. Had the car to chysler four times. still lots of water. [really a big problem] john
  • Check for a clog in the passenger side windshield channel. I have heard if that clogs the water can back up into the car from the top channel.
  • Does anyone know how to go about removing the rear seat on a 98 Sebring Convertible? One of the rear shoulder belts won't retract all the way and I need to remove the seat to check out the belt recoil. Any help would be great! Thanks.
  • I have a 96 Sebring which I have owned for 2 years -- Its a great car, but I also end up with 3 inces of water inside the car on the passenger side, and the sloshing from somewhere which is not visible to me! I have had my mechanic look at it and he is going to put drainage holes in the passengar side rear panel and see if that works. For the water inside the car on the floor I thought it may be the weatherstripping but now after hearing from you and others I really think its a defect. What can we do. I did brave it and took my car through the car wash -- no flooding inside but it did get into the panel, the swooshing was there. I need to read more of these messages to determine if its a very common problem.
  • Sorry this reply is to late but I'm just joining the group. I have the same problem with my speakers when my car gets flooded. My speakers were easily fixed by changing the fuse. My son did it for me in one minute. Good luck. Also how did you unclog the drain holes? New problem I have -- Service Engine Soon light comes on. My mechanic told me it would be a sensor around $200, an 02 sensor, I think. Does anyone have this problem? He said it was related to the emissions? Thanks.
  • :( I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring LX Sedan - I have a pool of water under the passenger side seat and in the back behind the seat, only on the passenger side. I cannot find where the leak if coming from? It must have been doing this for a while now because the car smells inside VERY bad its hard to breath in there the smell is just rotten, i have just now noticed because it has rained now for 3 days! does anyone else have this same problem and know anything about how to fix it? Please Help!!!!
  • I had the same problem,tried a method outlined somewhere on this forum:
    ..."use a paperclip to unclog the drain channels underneath the rocker panels on the passenger side."
    It worked..water came rushing out and haven't had a problem since. And, the car was parked outside during a 3" rainstorm!!!
  • the solution is outlined in post #253
  • I need to find the drain holes in my 2001 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX, after lifting the carpet up in the back seat and some on the side of the seat i found over 3 inches of water under and in the carpet, and it smelled horrible!! i got most of the water out but th carpets are still soaked, i needed to know where the drain holes are before i pull everything out...I tried the pin holes like said in post #253 but its not the same as the 97? :confuse:
  • The Drain holes are actually slits in the seam that run just under your door. If you have ever changed a tire and placed the jack just behind the front tire or infront of the rear, you may have crushed that seam and pluged one of the holes.Their is also leaves and dirt that can get down in there and plug the holes I use an air hose and blow compressed air up into the slits to unplug them. I have also gone under the car with a steele chisle and tried to open them up more. It looked like it worked but did not I think I am going to take the chance of hitting some wires and drill some holes next time. Blowing it out does work but you have to do it often or just befor a rain storm but you nevveer really know about the weather.
  • I also have a 98 with wet floor on driver side. I mean 1/4" of water. Went to local dealer and he had the answer. Under the doors between front and rear tires there are about 5 drain slots where the sheet metal meets. Take a small wire and clean and rinse these out. I have had no more problems. Good Luck
  • We just bought a 97 JXI convertible in great shape. There is water in the driver's side tail light. I drained it and dried it out, but it took in water the next time we drove it in rain. There are no visible cracks or separations. Any ideas about how the water is getting in and/or how to solve it?
  • i own a 2001 sebring lx - my car is also collecting water! ALOT of water the entire pass side is full every time it rains, the carpet is ruined and smells really bad and the floor boards are trashed, i cant find where the water is from though i know its coming from the front but the water collects and pools under the seat and the back floor only on the pass side. ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!!! :mad:
  • I have a 2004 sebring sedan. I have brought my car in several times to the dealership to fix this problem. When I initally bought the car, almost 2 years ago following a road trip out of state I came back her to notice a puddle of water inside my car from my drivers side front and rear of the car. I vacummed the water up and I brought it in and initally the repair men stated that there was nothing wrong with the car. Anyway when it happended a couple weeks later I took it back. This time the repair men stated that there was a leak, but it was from the air conditionor condensation, instead of the water leaking outside the car it was leaking inside the car. This was fixed temporarly. I began having the same problem again in October when I started using my heat. The water appeared in my car regardless of whether or not is was raining outside. Anyway I have it at the dealership now for the forth time, for the same problem. Does anyone have any information on this. :D
  • I've had the same problem with my '96 Sebring conv. After taking it to a dealership twice for repair, it continued to leak. One day I was cleaning the tray behind the rear seat and noticed two weep holes, one on each side. They were both clogged with debris. I cleaned them out, and haven't had a leak since. Hope this will be of help to some of you with the same problem.
  • There is a seam under the doors where the body is welded together. In this seam are weep holes or slots. Take a small piece of wire and clean these out and water can drain from the body.
  • mirthrindrmirthrindr Posts: 2
    I know this post if late, but hoping to save someone else the headache I have experienced should they come across this post.

I also purchased a new 2004 Sebring Touring edition couple years ago. After just about a year, it developed a major interior leak on the passenger side. The foot wells in both the front and back passenger seats pool up with water during heavy rains. I have about 4 gallons of water in my passenger side foot wells this very moment after this weekends non-stop rain in the NE.

Been to the dealer FOUR times in about 7 months to try and fix this... each time they think they got it then I have to wait for a heavy rain to find out the truth. Attempt number 5 to fix it comin up today.

There is also a known 'stalling' problem when slowing to very slow speeds or idling that I also experienced with my vehicle since the day I drove the car off the lot. It has since lessened but seems to still occur on occassion.

I would not recommend this vehicle. Do some google searches and you will feel the same.

Jim