Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln MKZ Prices Paid and Buying Experience

rolo77rolo77 Posts: 31
Heres some general info requested about my car

Buyer's Offer Written Date: 06/11/2006
Order Submitted To Factory Date: 08/23/2006
Scheduled Factory Production Week Of: 10/02/2006
Shipped From Factory Date: 10/05/2006
Arrival At Final Stateside Destination Date: 10/27/2006

heres the info from the ENCS website, it also says it should
be at my dealer by the week of OCT 27 but I am not returning
from Japan until NOV 20th, which is when I will pick it up
hope this helps you out

Base Vehicle Price: 36,437.50 (MSRP 38K or so this after discounts)
Discounts: 3,775.50 (rebate 1000.00, college grad 500.00, 06 price protect 2275.00)
Total Vehicle Price: 32,662.00
Puerto Rico/Guam Sales Tax: .00
Price Per Your Acceptance Price: 32,662.00
Total Cash Received, Includes Rebate, If Any: 32,662.00

my total paid was 32,662.00

this price was paid for a fully loaded AWD including the sirius radio
the only option I did not get was satin nickel trim interior, I wanted
the wood trim, dark blue car with Charcoal interior, this price also
includes the destination charge of 715.00, so I got a great deal
thanks Ford for taking care of us Military overseas, but still working
with the dealer about the transmission issue ( I showed the dealer
the ad stating the 6F advertised as being in the MKZ 07) trying my
best to buy American, and not got for the lexus 07 ES350

Chief

Comments

• baxbaybaxbay Posts: 1
    Chief, what transmission issue are you working on with the dealer?

baxbay
  • rolo77rolo77 Posts: 31
    go to blueoval.com for details basically I thought the new 6f transmission was going to be in the MKZ for this year,
    but it is not,the MKZ will be keeping the old transmission
    until 2008 model

Chief
  • Hi all just got back from the Lincoln Dealership for a MKZ and saw that they had a 2006 leftover with Nav and Leather. Price they were trying to give me was $32,900. I thought that was really high... I could get and 07 with Nav and AWD for a couple more pennies

Any ideas on what real world Zephyr leftovers are going for?
  • bigtbigt Posts: 413
    That does seem a little high. Here is a quote for a fully equiped AWD MKZ with everything:

We have a fully equipped AWD version, Black with Dark Charcoal, featuring the following options:

* 200A
    * Power Moonroof
    * Heated and Cooled Front Seats
    * HID Headlamps
    * Sirius Satellite Radio, with 6 months service!
    *17" Chrome Wheels
    * THX Audiophile Sound
    * Navigation System
    etc,etc...

This MK Z has an MSRP of 37735 as equipped. You can purchase it for "as low as" 34991, applying the applicable rebate(s). If you opt for Special Interest Financing, the price will increase by 1000.00, as you must relinquish the Customer Cash Rebate in order to take advantage of this APR.
  • guestguest Posts: 774
    I have shopped the MKZ thoroughly here in the San Francisco area. With the seven popular options (AWD, HID headlamps, Cool/Heat seats, Moonroof, Nav/THX system, Chrome wheels, Sirius radio), you are looking at $35k plus tax and tags. There is a $500-$1000 rebate available, which is contingent upon whether you take advantage of FoMoCo's financing. I have one on order which should be here by Christmas. I'm excited! I will be so glad to get rid of my '98 Audi A4, which has easily cost me the original purchase price in repairs these past eight years! Yes, you read that right!
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Ouch !!!! :surprise:

Rocky
    I am also getting a fully loaded AWD MKZ with everything minus the upgraded wheels. I am going to get a different set.

I am using the X-plan here is the deal:

2007 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    MSRP $35,640
    X-PLAN $33,522.99
    Title Tax $1005.69
    Dealer's Business Lic Tax $56.99
    Title Fee $64.50
    SUBTOTAL $34,650.17
    Minus Customer cash $500
    TOTAL SELLING PRICE $34,150.17

What do you think? I priced out a similiar Lexus and it was about 8k over this.
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    I'd get a fully loaded one if I was you bigt. ;) However that is me, and I like all my cars to be loaded to the gills. :)

Rocky

P.S. How many dealers have you tried. I think MAYBE you could do better than your "X" plan.
    Here is for a fully loaded AWD MKZ black on black with nickel satin. What do you think? Also my trade was in a recent accident. I assume that this should be disclosed?

------------------------------------------------------

Again the X Plan price on this invoice is $35335.80

I figure your taxes and tags for $1146.41 and our processing fee of $249 will total $1395.41 which will then total $36731.21.
  • cowbellcowbell Posts: 125
    Even though no one has posted in this forum this year, I wanted to ask what sort of year end prices I can get on an MKZ. From what I understand, they stopped production on the 2007s and may have already begun the 2008s.

With that being said, how much do you think a loaded MKZ would cost? MSRP being 37,885, invoice being 34,614. I qualify for the X-plan, but I'm sure I can get it under that. Do you think 33,500 is out of the question considering it's the end of the model year?
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Posts: 188
    I think $33,500 is realistic and perhaps you could do a little better. Depends what dealer has ON HIS LOT and if you make a serious offer on or about the last day of the month. 08's should arrive by mid Sept. so end of Aug shuld be a great time to deal. I plan to follow this approach and deceide between the '07, '08, or an '08 Lexus 350.

What is the X-plan?

Jerry
  • cowbellcowbell Posts: 125
    Sorry about the confusion. The X and Z keys are right next to each other. :) I meant the Z-plan.
    Your approach is probably the way I'm going to go to. I too also looked at the Lexus (ES350 I'm assuming) as it was the only other car that had all the features I wanted. Actually, it didn't have the folding rear seats which sold me on the Lincoln.
    I think there will be some cars with the configurtion I want left some the end of the month. There are at least four of them by where I live here in metro DC. I'll let you know how I do.
    Yes, it is the ES 350, and I am leaning towards the Lincoln however. It is pretty much the same car,with the folding rear seats and a great sound system, at 2k to 3k less.

The ES 350 has had a ton of transmission problems and other issues discussed the the Forums section on the Lexus web cite. Lincoln owners on the other hand love their cars as evidenced on this Forumn.

Good luck with your search, I bought my first new car in VA
    many years ago ( '59 Chevy ) from Rosenthal Chevrolet, assume they are still in business. I will be away until the end of the month and then I plan to do some serious shopping.

Jerry
  • Just leased 2008 Mkz with chrome wheels and THX for $30,438 after rebate. Best part of the deal, I was able to get out of three months lease payments on my old town car. :)
    Congrats! Sounds like a good deal. Where did you make purchase? Only rebate I am aware of is $500, are there others?
    Jerry
  • You get an additional $1000 rebate if you currently have a Town Car.
  • Bought it at Mayberry Lincoln Mercury in North Hollywood, Ca. The dealer said he was giving it to me at $500 over invoice (don't know if that is true but it sounded good) minus $1000 for the Town Car rebate.
    I guess I won't get to Mayberry since I am in Western Massachusetts. $500 over invoice seems reasonable for this stage of the model year. Good luck with your new car!

Jerry
  • 39 months 15K miles:
    option a: 373/month with 2k down
    option b: 426/month with 0 down

this is in nyc.

any thoughts or advice?
  • Buyer be ware. "Ford 1" 2008 MKZs do not have the Microsoft Sync installed. Ford 1 models were made through early Oct or so. Lincoln's marketing material, tv ads and website show Sync as standard; it is not always. there is no way to know unless you ask; they do not offer the information. Literally, there is no way for you to know without asking. the phone button is even on the radio, but does not work.

Very disappointing that a manufacturer with such a great car would have such confusing and some would say deceptive advertising practices.

Sync adds 395 to to the MSRP for "Frod 2" cars shipped with it installed. Edmonds is silent on the issue.

Great car, but disappointing buying experience.
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
    Not Lincoln news, but Ford. Just saw that another Ford plant will soon be closing and when it does, that's the last we'll see of the Ford Ranger. I've seen lots of complaints, some I think on here, that the Ranger hasn't been updated since WW2. Well, complain no more cause it's going away. Another market ceded by Ford. What's next to completely eliminate?

I guess it makes perfect sense in this time of skyrocketing gas prices to cancel the pickup with the best gas mileage of any in it's class? Or maybe they're losing money on every one they build? Or maybe it's a smokescreen til they can build a new plant in Mexico, Brazil or India? I'm sure they have a better idea.
  • What was the MSRP on this Vehicle, also do you know what the negotiated selling price to you was?
    Might be a good price, if the vehicle has a higher MSRP, and not a base vehicle.
  • You can thank me for that. Every Ford model I buy winds up getting discontinued.

Two different T'Birds - gone
    Lincoln LS - history
    Three different Taurus's - gone but revived so I bought a new one (likely killed again)
    Three different Rangers - soon to be gone

The rotting on the vine of the Ranger and it's ultimate demise really ticks me off. My 2001 is an excellent little truck. My '85 and '92 were both like trusted friends and each gave me exceptional service. The 2008s are just like the 2001 but the competition has left them behind. Tragic end to a vehicle with a great history.

Why am I talking about this on the MKZ price forum? Sorry guys. Back to MKZ pricing.....
  • I just picked up a 2008 MKZ with Sync, Chrome Wheels, Nav, and Moonroof for $31,400 after rebate and before TT+L. That's basically invoice and then take another grand off for the rebate. Also, FYI, you CAN tell the difference between one with sync and one without. There is a little Microsoft Sync plaque next to the shifter.
  • doc15doc15 Posts: 37
    Sync basically uses voice commands for certain actions with your music devices/Bluetooth phone / etc. / create verbal incoming text messages and other commands. Check the booklet in your glove compartment. ( lists the on line help site) I have been using it, no problems so far.
    Have 2008 MKZ FWD . Have a slight gas pedal vibration when accelerating to highway speeds. (Have been told the pedal does not connect physically to the engine, all electronic.) Maybe an engine damping problem, but engine seems to strain with extra acceleration. No problem when car is crusing. ( I'm use to driving a Toyota Avalon with more horsepower). 1000 miles on car. Anyone have, or heard of this problem?

Thanks
  • You might want to visit your dealer and ask to drive another FWD MKZ so you could determine if the issue is unique to yours or if it is just they way they are.

I don't own an MKZ and only drove one once but they very well may not be quite as silky smooth as your Avalon.....
    2008 MKZ / FWD/ Moonroof (with IN-Sync) #2 Car
    $ 28,695.00
    Plus Tax, Tags, License

This includes the $ 1,000.00 Customer rebate.

Hope this helps.
  • I have the same exact issue. It seems to vibrate at lower speeds and while accelerating but is fine up at higher speeds. My husband seems to think this is a "feature" that gives you more "road feel". I don't buy it!
    I agree with you!
    I will have it checked out at first maintance schedule.
    Have you had it checked with dealer? Will appricate any info. I will relay the same to you.
    Have you tried Sync with Text Messaging?, Bluetooth seems ok, but Verbal text reading limited to very few cell phones.
    I have been told "STANDARDS" have not been set up by all wireless carriers yet. Up -grades will be avilable for Sync in future.
    Thank You