Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Hyundai Elantra vs 2007 Nissan Sentra

2»

Comments

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Well, if you insist. The statement about no trip computer was made by a Civic owner in a Civic discussion in Town Hall. Also the Honda Civic web site says nothing about a trip computer on the 2007 Civic.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Also the Honda Civic web site says nothing about a trip computer on the 2007 Civic.

Everthing that is on web sites is true. :blush:
  • eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    thanks moparbad. Well, here is another (ex) civic owner who is telling you that it does.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Let's let the Civic make a graceful exit from this Elantra vs. Sentra discussion. ;)
    Elantra good on details: Upstages Nissan Sentra, VW Rabbit. This is latest Hyundai model to show improvement as carmaker continues to improve its reputation.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/driving/story.html?id=74d4f74f-92a2-4- 18a-a0aa-920d68438b26
  • metallicatmetallicat Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys, this is my first post here.

I just picked up my '07 Sentra 2.0S w/Luxury Package two days ago, and so far, I love it. It is exceeding my expectations in every way possible. If it means anything, I drove much older cars my entire life thus far, and this is my first brand new vehicle. In fact, it's the first vehicle I've owned that is not AT LEAST 10 years old.

Gas mileage so far is great. I've seen it hit 4.9 L/100km (48 miles per gallon) briefly on the highway. In the city, it is getting probably around 7-9 L/100km (26-33mpg) on average. I haven't been paying too much attention to it. All I know is that it is substantially better than my 1991 Suzuki Sidekick.

I am overall extremely satisfied thus far.

Edit- Sorry, I just realized this is primarly an Elantra forum...
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Welcome! Glad to have a new member. :)

Actually, although parts of it may read that way, it isn't primarily an Elantra discussion. It's a head to head comparison of the Elantra to the Sentra.

Take a look at the Sentra group at this link: Nissan Sentra. You'll see this one, but you'll also see the dedicated Sentra topics.

Enjoy your new ride! And when you're not out driving around, have fun in CarSpace!! :D
    Congratulations on your new car! Is it a CVT or stick? When you hit 48 mpg on the highway, was it flat or downhill? 48 mpg on a level grade for any distance at all would be spectacular for a 2.0L engine with its power.
  • metallicatmetallicat Member Posts: 5
    I bought the manual transmission. Almost entirely because I wanted it, but I also believe it was the only manual in the entire city with a luxury package.

The 48 that it briefly hit (and that is approximate, because my computer spits out info in litres per 100 kilometres), was on a flat road. I don't think it stayed there for long, so I am not sure how accurate it is. All I know, is that I am so far extremely happy with the mileage it is getting. The difference is massive compared to my old Suzuki.

And thanks for the welcome. I see how the forums work now, I was a little confused at first.
  • joe131joe131 Member Posts: 998
    don't rely on computer for any meaningful instantaneous miles per gallon figures.
    Average your MPG over 3 consecutive full tanks of gas and let us know what your MPG is. That would be a useful comparison number.
  • pulgopulgo Member Posts: 400
    What kind of mileage have you achieved over the last few months?

I just purchased a Sentra S, CVT and Luxury Package and during the short test drive (entirely city) I got. 7.1 litres per 100 KM. That would be 33 MPG (in US gallons).
This discussion has been closed.