Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Electrical and Lighting Problems

1131415161719»

Comments

• After 3 months of driving with no speedometer, odometer, radio or gear shift lights at night......CHECK FUSE #9, ta da......God said "let there be light" :)
  • odahodah Posts: 1
    thanks for the tip. Fuse 9 here also for the instrument panel situation. it also controls trailer lights, lights went out right after we had hooked a trailer up the first time.
  • So I have a 2007 jeep liberty 2wd. I'm having some electrical problems with it. The Dashboard lights, front passenger park light, and the rear passenger light won't shut off unless I disconnect the battery. When I reconnect the battery the lights will turn back on. It's not the battery or the alternator, I took both of those in to get tested and they passed. Help please?

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,408

Hmmm....stuck headlight relay? Bad multi-function switch on the stalk, or bad ground in that harness? No, alternator and battery were wild goose chases.

• @btc2319 said: Found it !!!! behind glove box. All you see is a multi-wire plug. The part, which looks like a circuit board, actually slides into where plug plugs in. loosen the two screws and part slides out. new part slides in circuit board first and tighten screws plug in and your done. Ten minute job. Dealer wants to, well lets just say, unimaginable things to you . Dealer wants couple hundred and tells you it is an hour and a half job. Go figure!!!!

I have roughly the same thing wrong. Mine just the 123settings don't work and the 4 does. Did this fix the problem??? Just happened 2 days ago and My passenger brake light decided to go out and melt the plastic around one of the contacts at the same exact time. Replaced the light bulb and that one went out too.

Wondering if the two are related? Strange coincidence if not. Mine is a 2006 Jeep Liberty.

• realtorsuerealtorsue Posts: 1

I have a 2012 Jeep Liberty. At about 16K I started having all kinds of electrical issues including wipers that turn on when you hit the turn indicator, deprogrammed radio two times, air bag light for driver (replaced), clock loosing time (replaced after contacting corporate), tire pressure light coming on for no reason, deprogrammed car key.....what is up with this vehicle. It is in right now for the wiper problem along with radio deprogramming as the radio was already replaced once. Because of all of these issues the dealer closest to my home called me rude and will not continue to service my car so I have to go 15 miles out of my way...why, because I bought a Jeep. I was rude when the dealer in Tracy said I would have my car back in one day and then said they had to get a part and they had to go far, hello far 10 miles so they took 2 days to make THAT repair. My car has been in the shop over 10 times in 6 months and now has 22K.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,408

Have you considered using the Lemon Law?

• dadio7dadio7 Posts: 1

My sons 2002 liberty has a driver side front marker and rear taillight that will not go off unless the fuse is pulled. Any suggestions?