Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes You'd Like To See in the A3

13»

Comments

• shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Everything that I've seen indicates no change in power, regardless of whether the car is configured as FWD or AWD, the mileage however does go up a touch with the new CCTA engine.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • I know the A3 is supposed to have an Average reliability rating, why can't they make a more reliable car for once? and i agree an AWD option on the 2.0 would be nice, however i am liking the gas mileage.
  • fbtfbt Posts: 3
    After 20,000 miles on my 2007 A3 2.0 manual, S-line the only real complaint I have is with the climate control. It's kind of a bother to bring in just fresh air without the heater coming on and I'm always pushing the buttons trying get it like I want. The AC is a bit weak for Houston summers too.

I'ts my first premium brand car, I'm still a bit amazed at the prices for such simple things like wiper blades, filters and the such.

Okay maybe one more thing, the tires are noisey.
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,285
    The road noise depending on the tires can be pronounced. The AC is too weak for this size car, might work good in a Mini Cooper but A3 is bigger and needs better.

The reliability is fantastic and supreme. ONly real problems have been the center storage armrest latch broke on the cover and the rear armrest cupholder isn't working and I guess never was (but didn't check it until now)

48,000 miles and easily the most reliable well built vehicle I've ever had, purchased, and/or rode in.

Top 3 improvements the A3 needs are as follows:

1) Make A/C stronger
    2) Quality control on little details like latches.
    3) Climate Control intuition

And then I'd add

4) A bit more horsepower and torque
    5) a bit more efficiency and gas mileage

You can always you a bit more of #4 and 5 to stay on top of the competition.
  • ebbgreatdaneebbgreatdane Posts: 278
    Engage Soap Box...

For the kind of $$$ they are asking for this vehicle, I can't understand how a car built for driving, could so neglect the music player integration aspect. Honestly, a aux port in the center armrest does nothing to help solve the problem. Exactly how do I change pod casts and albums?

And don't put a cable in the glove box or under my seat. There's no need to be cute and display track/title on the center stack..it's already displayed on my iPod. Offer a cable that will at least pipe sound into the head unit, charge the device, and put the device in a useful location (offer a bracket) and call it day. Don't try to improve the iPod interface by repeating track and title somewhere else...just let the driver use the device as is.

How exactly do my passengers watch a movie up front when, without charging, the battery sucks dry in less than 30 minutes of video and...oh wait, the iPod is in the center console so no one can see it anyway.

Clearly a Euro car that fails to understand American Tech. Lesser cars that cost less seem to get this right. I consider my music, podcasts and audio books to account for more than 50% of my driving experience these days. I was able to add a USA Spec iPod adapter for my current car and it has been awesome. Audi is making it very difficult for me to want this drivers car.

:mad:

Disengage Soap Box...

John
    Audi needs to come to their senses and stop using cheap batteries that die out in 35 months of use and then tell their customer they are only covered for 12 months under warranty.

They need to AT A MINIMUM cover their battery 48 months or 50,000 miles with AT LEAST a prorated proration of a warranty on the battery.

SHAME on Audi for this little nickel & dime trick. That being said, I'd rather have my battery die then some other major or catestrophic failure.

Overall A- at 52,000 miles.
  • mamboomamboo Posts: 1
    Maybe you would like this one, although there are just some minor changes such as reshaped side mirrors and chrome strips on the door handles on the exterior and a new gear selector for the S tronic transmission, a flat-bottomed leather sports steering wheel and others on the inside.
    Check out more details on http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars-news/2010/04/08/audi/4155/the_2011_audi_a3_s- portback_unveiled_today.html
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,211
    a diesel A3 with a real three-pedal manual transmission?

I may end up in a Golf or Passat, since they (this week, at least) still offer the real manual with the TDI.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    a diesel A3 with a real three-pedal manual transmission?

...and Rear Wheel Drive. :)
    I'd like the S4's 7-speed DSG tranny in an S3 body with 265 HP+ and quattro all wheel drive to hit the US shores in the guise of a 4-door (5-door hatch) S3.
13»