Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Spectra Engine Issues

1235»

Comments

• acm563acm563 Posts: 11
    For both this post and the one above(#125) did you get the timing belt changed at the recommended 60K? The reason I ask is that what you described is exactly what happened to me with my 2004 Kia Cinco. If that is the case then you have probably messed up the heads. IF you find this to be the case, THINK, before you automatically just say replace the heads, as they cost almost as much as a new engine so if you decide to go that route put in a new engine. That didnt occur to me until 4 hours after I authorized the heads, and they had already been ordered so the dealership told me they had to go with the original order.....:( My son has a 200 Spectra and he learned from my mistake and made sure he had the timing belt changed at 65K...thankfully we have a trusted mechanic and it cost $150 compared to $645 at dealer
  • have a 2003 kia spectra went to start it and it was making a squirting noise like something was pumping and sloshing out popped the hood and thought it was the radiator but it was coming from the back of the motor looked and oil was squirting out someone said it may be the sensor is this possible all oil is now on the ground didnt hear any knocking just squishing can anyone help
  • ok a friend came and checked seems the filter gasket was blown out so they replaced the oil filter it was driven a bit then in the morning it happened again we were thinking the friend didnt tighten the filter tight enough but im concerned there maybe an underlying problem what caused the first oil filter to blow out the friend said he spoke to another mechanic and they thought maybe the head gasket or cracked head but not too sure he even gave the right discription to the other mechanic. if it were a cracked head or a head gasket wouldnt there be signs of water in the oil? the oil that shot onto the motor was clearly oil and not gray any input would be great i keep thinking theres more to it than the oil filter bad
1235»