Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Avalanche

golfczargolfczar Posts: 1
edited March 23 in Chevrolet
I have recently discovered the Avalance which is
supposed to be in dealers showrooms this fall. So
far the available info. is limited at best.
Thought perhaps some of you might have some insight
and input. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Try next spring 01. Not this fall

Ryan
  • joelisjoelis Posts: 315
    They'll have a production version at the big show in Detroit in January. At least at that time we will see how it looks without all that plastic skirting around it.

Ryan is right though, you won't see them in the showrooms until spring.

At least we have a topic in the right category now. To me its a Truck, not an SUV.
  • timfarntimfarn Posts: 289
    is a 1500 (1/2 ton) Suburban with an open cargo area and tailgate instead of the enclosed area with the door(s). It features the same wheelbase and will have the 5.3L Vortec as base engine. See the Chevy website /avalanche for more info including available colors.
  • wesyangwesyang Posts: 32
    I saw the truck at Seattle SeaFair two weeks ago. It looks very cool. Chevy rep said it shares about 90% with Suburban 1500.
    The website says that they will have (more than 1?) the Avalanche at the Minnesota State Fair next week. I'll try to get some good shots.
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Oct 2000

Has a pic of the avalanche minus all the dressups from the autoshow. Looks very sleek. Kinda nice looking its a black truck they show

Ryan
    Please, forward the e-mail to me at wesyang@msn.com. Thanks.
  • roger350roger350 Posts: 157
    Please for ward that e-mail to me too. StrewRD@gvl.esys.com

Thank You.
    In my previous post, I mentioned the survey and link to the July 18th chat with the Avalanche product team. In the chat, they stated that they expect to sell 100,000 units and the first model year will sell out. What do you think? The first Edmunds Avalanche topic died due to inactivity. There are two current topics with very little activity. How much interest is there in this model?
    Avalanche seems a right one for me because I need a truck to tow and carry 5 people at the same time. Full size truck seems no enougth room for 5 people. And SUV can't carry trees and other tall stuff. I was thinking about Yokon(XL) but I don't want to pay 40K on it.

In the survey, I rank F150 SCrew first than Avalanche. If Chevy price Avalanche above 32K, I probably go for a Ford instead. Also, there is another option, Chevy 2500 HD SCrew is due this fall.
    We were considering the Yukon (we have a Jimmy that our kids are outgrowing), but the varied uses we have for a truck would make the Avalanche the best choice. I do a lot of hunting and the kids have two Labs that are a pain if we put them in the back of the Jimmy to go to the farm. There is no way I could allow them in a new Yukon. The ability to haul full sheets of plywood, drywall and other goods makes the Avalanche my first choice over the F150 Supercrew. Also, I have had a couple of Fords through the years (1 car, 1 truck) and neither gave satisfactory ride or fuel economy. I know the Avalanche is no gas miser, but I would trust it to get at or above the advertised fuel mileage. The versatility of the Avalanche would allow me to leave behind a trailer or hitch basket on weekend bowhunts; while giving great towing capacity for boat, etc. The side boxes would carry "stuff" I keep in a milk crate in the back of the Jimmy. Let's hope they don't overdo the price.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    is not a Supercrew with a baby bed....it has the 6.5 footer...something you can use..

- Tim
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    thing looks....

Dean
    HD Ado..not the Ave....

- Tim
    about the looks of the Explorer SportTrac? It seems as though the Avalanche looks strike you in the same way - it is different enough that it takes some getting used to. I've seen SportTracs around, though and they are not growing on me.
    is useless in my opinion, other than maybe the 4wd which you wouldn't get in a regular sedan. You can basically fit as much in a regular sedan as you can in a sportrac. That includes people and cargo. The box is no bigger than a regular car trunk.

PS. I get to see the Avalanche live in 2 days. I'm hoping it looks better in person than in the pictures. I see they still have the gray plastic skirting on it. Ick!
    hauler around here...(Metro detroit)...the box is almost useless...My Dads trunk in the Lincoln can hold just as much..if not more?

if you want a people hauler that has room...and a good size box...get a Crew SB..or an Ave.....

Hey!...that's what this topic is about!

LOL

- Tim
    GET ALL THE LATEST IMAGES tab...
    There are some new pictures on
    http://www.wieck.com/public/

Just click on the tab that says Get Newest Photos.
    The lower covers are there for good, according to Chevy. It looks bad with the light color in the Wieck photos. The dark colors and red are OK IMO. The upper cladding is to cover structural components behind the cab and blend in with the bedcover. Also, I asked about a GMC sister, akin to the Tahoe/Yukon - the official GM reply is that there will be none. In fact, they said "The Avalanche is the only vehicle that General Motors is introducing to compete with the F-150 Supercrew."
This discussion has been closed.