Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Avalanche

Comments

• f1julesf1jules Posts: 288
    Yeah, I wouldn't take my wife's BMW "muddin."

"I would pick an AV over a bmw ANY day of the week." - To each his/her own I guess.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    I may be in error. Though, the posting styles remain the same. While expressing one's thought on an item remains your choice. I see no benefit of doing it here. Perhaps you do.

In my part of the country, I see very few AVs. But then it could be more due to the sticker than to the vehicle.
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Nice to see you around again

I am from northwest indiana. I seen about a dozen avs on the indiana state tollroad this past sunday

Ryan
  • ygmnygmn Posts: 179
    I bought my Avalanche because I wanted a locking bed for all the crap I haul around. I did not want a bed cover that only opens up to 30 degrees.

I love the features some of which are 8 way power seats, sunroof, OnStar, Auto AC, locking center console, Alarm, message display, 17" wheels, removable bed panels, grab handles, steps in rear bumper, exterior lock boxes, strong engine, towing capabilities, sound system, midgate, removable rear window, Plastic cladding to protect against road debris, styling, etc.

I could continue but these some of the things I like.
  • The AV fits my needs better than the other options. I like to snowmobile & atv, the Av allows
    me transport 4 adults in comfort with a separate
    location for riding gear,fuel,oil,tools. The only
    other vehicle that can meet these needs is a CC
    and that would be overkill for what my needs are.
    I believe the AV is targeted towards the suv owner
    that occasionally needs a pickup box.
  • Why do some people monitor and post in the Avalanche forum topic if they don't like the vehicle? I realize it is a free world here, and it is good to get varying opinions. But what's the point in someone coming on this topic to say they don't like the way the Avalanche looks? Why not stay in the forum for the truck that you own and like?
  • ygmnygmn Posts: 179
    I must say I love my Avalanche Z66. IT rides better than a Suburban which is what I was gonna buy. I actually like the look call me weird and it is not like the Aztec unless you are blind.

Wait a few years they will all look like the Avalanche.

Anyone check out the Cadilac version? I want the BOSE sound system. I wonder how comlicated that would be? I mean just the speakers, sub and head unit I do not want a CD changer.

Anyone actually see the traction control work yet? I wonder how it is.
  • I was looking at an AV at a dealer last Sunday. The tailgate was unlocked so I was able to investigate the functionality of the hard top up close. As I lifted up the first section of the top, I noticed that the rubber gasket was separating from the plastic and that the adhesive had failed. I remember reading that others have had that problem on their AV. Is this something the dealer will fix and how would the situation be rectified?
  • timfarntimfarn Posts: 289
    I picked the Av over others because of the right fit for our needs. HDCC was too much truck, and lower fuel economy than I wanted. The Screw did not have the ride or the versatility. The covered, deep bed on the Av is nice. The tonneau cover on my F150 did not come close to sealing, nor did it lock securely.

With the Av, I keep my bowcase in the bed at all times and I can throw in a shotgun or rifle without worrying about it. The Sub or Yukon XL was not a choice since I did not want two dogs in the cab area. I stow my towing and other gear in the storage boxes which keeps the backseat clear and the bed from being cluttered. Fuel economy and power is better than what the '99 F150 had, also.
    We haven't had the problem, but I'm sure the dealer will fix with some weatherstrip adhesive. There were earlier posts, but limited to only a couple of cases.
  • .....Is the 31 GALLON GAS TANK. A co-worker of mine has a 2500HD CC with the 6L and his truck (like the rest of the Silverados) only has a 26 gal tank. He has a hard time passing up a gas station.
    Hard-Cover weather-striping separation question from midlifecrisis....I originally posted about the same problem while back. My dealer simply exchanged mine off another AV.
    **"Mod-Alert"** Trenz Co. now offers a Billet Grill for the AV. You can view it on their site. Price is $205+/-

Brad in SoCal
    Brad in SoCal
  • Just bought an AV last night (Loaded Indigo Z71 - $400 over invoice) and I have a question...

Why did my $1200+ dollar leather interior option still result in rubber floormats??? I know it's standard w/Z71 but I'd like cloth for appearance during non-winter months. Can they be bought and if so how much? I figure the non-Z71 w/leather would have cloth mats...how do they look???...Hows the quality???
  • Very close to purchasing a AV. Anyone one who has any last minute advice would be appreciated. I have not research price in this area nor do I know anything about the 0.0% financing now available. Thanks
    http://www.shakeitoff.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Pictures&file=index&do=showpic&pid=10

Looks pretty nice

Also it seems like alot of avalanche owners are joining http://www.gm-trucks.com

Check it out place for good info

• In the Seattle area (you didn't list your area)it appears that you can get a price around invoice +/- with some dealers advertising certain models well under invoice. The financing specials from GMAC is on 2002 models is:

0.0% for 36 months
    2.9% for 48 months
    4.9% for 60 months

The only complaints that I have heard about on the AV is to check the weather stripping on the hard bed cover as some have bad adheasive.

Good luck in your new truck. I plan on buying one in the near future.
  • bshef1bshef1 Posts: 11
    I'll sell you mine for $50K. 2wd 1500 pewter Z66 Loaded.
    You will not find a better deal anywhere. Once in a life-time offer.

You better start doing some homework or your going to get raped!
    Email me if your interested in my offer?
    Bra in SoCal
  • What was that post all about? $50K? What are you talking about?

And it's not a good idea to use the "r" word,especially when talking about vehicle shopping. Some women I know are very sensitive about that term.
  • bshef1bshef1 Posts: 11
    I just don't understand how someone can say they are really close to purchasing a vehicle and they have no idea of the cost, or what kind of financing they are looking at.
    Poor attempt at Sarcasm!

Thousand pardons!

Brad
  • rfruthrfruth Posts: 630
    Whats with GM and disasters, Avalanche (MSRP over 30 grand lots of room to negotiate ?) next a Buick Blizzard ? Chevy like a rock about sums it up. Rob Fruth http://freeweb.pdq.net/rfruth/
    Where did that come from? Another poster with lots of research backing thoughts/opinion.
  • ziks30ziks30 Posts: 3
    How about the web address for Trenz Co. ?
    Thanks.
  • Can Chevy or GM for that matter make a vehicle that doesn't look like a JC Whitney makeover? Why can't Chevy make a truck that isn't all skwenty eyed? Why would you want a converible truck after you just hauled a load of firewood or dirt? Doesn't fit my needs at least. Just curious.
    Ford F-150 Subercab 4X4
    5.4L SOHC V-8, 3.55LS, 17"Wheels and Tires
    one common saying

"if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all"
  • eharri3eharri3 Posts: 645
    But I dont see why Chevy took such a risk with the Avalanche styling. I can understand doing it when you're adding a new offering to a market that already has a whole bunch of vehicles just like yours, but there's really nothing like the avalanche. I personally think a face lifted silverado front fascia and no cladding would have been the way to go.
  • dgardgar Posts: 10
    I am seriously considering replacing my big block 'burb' with an AV 2500 2WD, 4.10 ratio locking differential. will have to tow a 12,000 lb. boat on ocasion but unlike the Suburban I will have to drive it everyday to work. My concern would be fuel milage. I would expect to get 12-14 average. (not when towing of course)Hopefully a little more on the hwy. Does anyone have any experience with this engine/rear end combo?
  • eharri3eharri3 Posts: 645
    And see what they've been saying about the 8.1, cause the 8.1 Avalanche is just out so I dont know if too many people have them yet, but Ive been hearing 9-11 mpg on the 3/4 and 1-ton Silvarados with the 8.1.
  • The front floor mats in Graphite #12496997
    The rear floor mats in graphite #12497003

These are nothing special. Though they are cut to fit the floor.
    Go to gmpartsdirect.com for pricing.
  • jefishjefish Posts: 10
    bshefmire:
    "**"Mod-Alert"** Trenz Co. now offers a Billet Grill for the AV. You can view it on their site. Price is $205+/-"

I've been up to the site and can't find anything for the Av. Did they take it down?
This discussion has been closed.