Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes Benz R-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    All I know is that I would never buy one of these cars without the new diesel. It's the best engine they make, and has been for years - we finally get to buy them in this country, and the gasoline engine still sells better[???]. Once you've tried one, you should be convinced.

Right now, the difference between diesel and premium gasoline in the Northwest is 40-50 cents a gallon in favor of diesel [a complete reversal of recent history - it was always a mystery to me why diesel was so high relative to gasoline for so many years - the current situation makes more sense, based on how most refineries work]. That by itself is not a good reason, but it surely doesn't hurt.

Maintenance costs are probably close to a wash - no advantage to either engine these days. But the torque of the diesel, combined with the lower fuel consumption, is all the reason you should need...
  • matcarolmatcarol Posts: 3
    would 1000 below invoice for a r320cdi too much to ask?
  • lemondmbzlemondmbz Posts: 2
    Bought a 2007 Alpine Rain R350 base , with navigation added at the dealership (bought it for my wife to replace a previous car that was totaled) about a week ago. Negotiated down to $41700, about $1250 below Edmunds invoice price. They probably could have gone lower, but it was my 3rd trip to the dealer, and I didn't feel like haggling over a couple hundred dollars at that point.
  • colby3colby3 Posts: 4
    Should I be able to get something, anything, off the MSRP of the R320 CDI and still get the MB 0% financing for 72 months? Looking at black on black MB Tex with P1 and heated seats. They will do $1,500 above invoice without financing or 0% for 72 months if pay MSRP. If you do the math, the 0% is more "off" but they won't take an equivalent amount off if I pay cash. Should I push harder? The R doesn't seem very popular at all, we like it because it is diesel and think the interior configuration works well for us since we do not want a minivan - even if they are really nice. Looking to pull the trigger soon so any thoughts appreciated. :)
  • colby3colby3 Posts: 4
    Would like rear view camera on R320 CDI but don't necessarily want P2 package and don't think dealer has what I want in any case. Can I have MB or after market add rear view camera after the fact?? Thanks.
  • sascarsascar Posts: 1
    Bought R500 silver Metallic with #1 package, sunroof package and navi. Got it for 48200 + tax and 750 dest. Tested the 350 but felt sluggish. Wanted to try the Diesel but wife did not like the idea that not all the gas stations have the fuel for it. The 500 drives like a dream. It loves speed and feels very nice well into 3 digits. I dont like the navi system. My wife has the new Odyssey and Honda GPS is way, way better. Great buying experience, Pembroke Pines MB.
  • bluebabebluebabe Posts: 3
    mercedes willnot add a rear view camera aftermarket.. it will cost about 3 thousand to get installed by a shop, and it may not be compatible fully with comand. rear center console and the parktronic are other options that are ONLY available as factory installs. there may be more.. call the part department at the dealer and ask them about parts you want installed.. the blue tooth phone option is great.. you do need a $300 part (receiver) to get it to work.. ask the dealer to throw it in when you are negotiating the car price.
  • bluebabebluebabe Posts: 3
    i got a r320 cdi demo (had 700 miles on it and was 6 mos into warranty) alpine rain with macademia interior, front heated seats and package 1 for $44,000 also got the rear cargo tray, bluetooth adapter, all season floor mats for all 3 rows, rear cargo net and 3m paint protective film on the door edges -- for an extra $300 (about $110 retail worth of stuff.. basically got it at their cost i would estimate)

total 44,300 (with out tax and title)

financed at 2.9% for 72 mos
  • max22max22 Posts: 2
    I'm looking for either a New, or CPO R350.

I've found a 2006 R350 CPO with 13,000 miles, Sunroof, and Parktronic. Original list was $52,300, and the dealer is selling it for $39,925.

They also have several 2007 new ones that list for $49,940. They have the P1 package.

Has anyone bought a new one in the last 45 days, what has been the price paid? What do you think of the CPO deal?

Thanks!
  • rbautorbauto Posts: 5
    Would like to buy 2007 R350 base or close to base. Does anyone know the discounts MB is offering as of July 30, 2007.
  • focus530focus530 Posts: 10
    I believe you should be able to get $5K-$6K off MSRP. What part of the country are you in? Here in Boston area, some dealers have 2006 models with $12K off MSRP and 2007 models with $5K off MSRP.
    Thanks! I'm in the New Orleans area!!
    I found a dealership with a good bit of inventory discounting R 350 $7,000 off of MSRP. Really good pricing.
  • With the 2008 models on dealer lots, and the general slow sales of the R-Class, I believe, this represents a true value purchase at this time. Of course I should plan on holding on to it for a while as the trade-in value will be on the very low side. With that said, MB is offering a 3K marketing incentive, thus establishing a bargaining starting point of invoice minus 3K. The question is, how much lower should I expect to go. I am going in next week to negotiate at these levels

R-350 = Invoice less 6K (3K incentive plus 3k)
    R-500 = Invoice less 10K (3K incentive less 7K)

What do you think?
  • martinfmartinf Posts: 121
    I think your numbers might be a bit optimistic. Back in October, 2006, Mercedes was offering $10,000 marketing incentives, and the dealers were willing to go about $16,000 under MSRP, not invoice. Of course, the vehicles are still not moving (witness the demise of the R500), and you might succeed. Please post your findings when you are finished negotiating. These forums are a great source of info for buyers and have significantly leveled the playing field for us. Even if you plan to keep the vehicle, you might want to consider a 24 or 27 month lease. The Money
    Factors are currently very low, and, if the vehicles really tank in resale value, you can either buy the vehicle from Mercedes Financial at a price lower than your lease contract, or you can simply walk away. If you buy, you do not have that option. Just a thought. In any event, best of luck and please post again!
  • Has anyone heard of Mercedes' Lease Loyalty Program? I am getting close to the end of my lease (2005 C240) and am in the market for a larger vehicle due to a growing family. I like the R350 but am leaning towards the Audi Q7. Today my Mercedes dealer (Helms Bros. in Queens, NY) said that they are willing to pay the last 4 lease payments to get me into a new Benz. I am a little skeptical and was wondering if anyone has heard or taken advantage of this program? Thanks in advance.
  • Can someone advise me on best prices for the above models relative to MSRP? Looking at P1 with rear entertainment - I was quoted $ 10K below MSRP in July for a 2007. Yhjis is in the NJ/Philadelphia area.
  • I just get a quote for a R350 2008 with P2 package, 7 seats, panorama roof, and backup camera for 33 months 10000 mile per year.
    1. $3900 down and $558 monthly (tax included)
    2. $2200 down and $611 monthly (tax included)

They will buy down the last 4 month ($500/m) of my current lease E350.
    Can you please give me any good advice? In SF Bay Area
  • I'm looking into getting a 2008 R350 AWD with foll. options:

- P2 PKG
    - IPOD Conn
    - Roof Rails
    - 6-CD Changer
    - Heated Front Seats
    - Panorama Roof

Deal on the table: $49,000

Is this a good deal? Thanks.
  • Take it.

I am looking a similiar one with 7-seat option. The best one I got is around 52,000.

May I ask where did you get this deal ?

Thanks
  • I"m interested in this exact car.. May I ask what the final cost was?
    Would you buy this car again?
  • I just leased it last month:

Sale price: 50500.

P2
    7 seat
    heated seats

out of pocket: 3200 (includes all fees taxes)
    monthly 565
    12k/year

The build quality exceeds my expectation and it is very safe car.
  • :confuse: Please, please tell me where to get these great lease deals. I am in Texas and we pay the total sales tax on a lease. The bottom line price is extremely important. I am negotiating a deal on a R350 right now and the prices I am being quoted are WAY ABOVE...on a 2008. Help!
    Looking for a R350 AWD, pkg. II, rear entertainment, light package, metallic paint, i pod, 6 disc cd changer, keyless and voice control. I would drive out of state and pay sales tax , when I get it back to Texas if I could get the deals you are talking about! Please put me in touch with any of these dealerships!

Need a 33-39 month lease, 12,000 miles....ANY help would be so greatly appreciated.
  • MB of South Charlotte (NC) is the dealer. I have the following offer on the table --

2008 R350 2WD
    Pewter/Macadamia
    P2 package
    iPod kit
    7 seat option
    Panorama roof
    6 CD changer
    Heated seats

MSRP $53,420
    Sale price $48,420

Sadly, I have a trade-in of a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV that is upside down (on a purchase no less) to the time of $3500, so I have to roll that back in. MB matched the Carmax price of $10,500 on the XUV and I owe $14,049 on it, so I feel that's fair.

They're offering 1.9% financing up to 72 months, with a payment of $792 with no money down.

The lease they've offered is for 33 months at $779.25 with an initial payment of $854.44. 15k miles, money rate .00025, residual 55% ($26,631).

While I like the thought of a 33 month turn-in, I am a fairly high miles driver -- I averaged 19k miles per year on the Envoy. Thus, I am strongly leaning toward the purchase deal.

Thoughts??? :)
  • docrwdocrw Posts: 94
    That's a very good price. We bought one with the same color options a few weeks ago, I don't see many pewter cars-which I definitely like. We also got the P2 but with 4matic since we live in MA, and leather seats, we ended up paying 54K for ours which also included bluetooth and keyless go. If you factor those extras out your deal is very similar.

The car is great, we love it so far. We needed a bigger car than our RX330 when we had another child and this fits the bill perfectly. I'm still surprised that I can sit comfortably in the third row, I'm 6' 230lbs. I wish there was a bit more room behind the third row, but nothing out there has appreciably more room unless you go for a suburban.

The 1.9% financing is, in my mind, too good to turn down. Even with the market the way it is you can definitely do better than a 1.9% return on any investment over the next six years and be in a good position when you trade it in.
  • I have narrowed down my buying decision between the R320 & the ML320, diesels of course. Alpine rain, P02, heated seats, bluetooth and probably the panaromic sunroof. Would an offer of $ 52,000 for the "R" including destination be high or low? ALso, anbody have any problems with the R320??
  • I bought the Pewter R350 mentioned above. The end of the story is that they let me take the car home overnight -- showed it to the family (loved it) and did a morning routine in it.

When I went back to the dealership to do the deal, I went back over the paperwork and there was close to $1000 extra stuff (fees, taxes, whatever) in there, driving the purch price back to $49400 or so. I balked at this and the manager came back and said those are taxes -- how about we do the rate at 1.25%? "Sold!" I said.

The monthly payment ended up being $774, which was less than their initial offer, so I was pleased.

I've already driven the car close to 1500 miles (in less than a month -- no low mile lease for me!), taken it in for it's 1000-3000 mile no cost diagnostic checkup, and and had the compimentary car wash done at least 3 times so far! We love it!

I'm also tall -- 6'4" 240 -- and have had no problems with space. The R-class is so roomy -- it's huge inside! Plus, I really like the Sirius Satellite radio -- I havent listened to a CD or the regular radio since getting the car, and the Harmon Kardon audio system really pumps. Rear view camera? Love it. Panoramic roof? Love it. 3rd row? Love it. Navigation system? A first for me, and LOVE it. I drove it to Atlanta recently and it was so nice to program in where I needed to go and then just NOT THINK ABOUT IT. And the dealership? MB Of South Charlotte -- top notch/highest quality. I'd happily go back. Their service both before and after the sale has been fantastic.

Can you tell I like my R-Class?
  • I picked up my R320 CDI last night. What a ride. We were well prepared for the initial visit. We agreed on a 2008 R320 CDI with the P2 package, heating package, voice command, 6 cd and also the 7 seat package.. Price before all local taxes and registration and so on was $55k. The dealership was great. George our salesman covered it all. WE were determined to get the P2 package . Color selection was limited to our package, but we loved the Alpine Rain with Macadamia. It had been mentioned that the Zenon lighting was far superior to the stock lights, but I have no problem with them. So much room for so much stuff.
  • Give us an update after you've put a few miles on her.
  • ctdanctdan Posts: 23
    Have a deal on the table for CT dealer for a 2008 R350 demo model, has 6200 miles on it with: P2, 7 Seat, 6-CD, Heated Seats. Original invoice $55,845.

They will add RSE (at my request) for an out-the-door cost of 52,658. Looking at financing at the MB promo of 1.9%. When I asked about any other promotions like the $6k marketing support (per Edmunds TMV) I was told there is no such incentive.

Is $52,658 a decent deal for a demo model with all of the options mentioned above? By the way it would be the original warranty which is already used up six months & 6k miles.