Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Engine Problems

1101112131416»

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    C0035 according to Mitchell on demand is for the left front wheel speed circuit.  
    The U1064 would not be related to the ABS System testing would require seeing how many modules generated that code on the classignment 2 databus.
  • markseemarksee Member Posts: 29
    Well that shoots the credibility of my scanner. Anyway...I understand if you unplug the sensor, hook it to a DMM and spin the wheel by hand you should see a minimum of 350 ACmv. Does that make sense?
    There have been many variations of toy tools that are hyped as being everything anyone could ever want for a song. The real professional level  tools cost over four thousand dollars to start out and go up rapidly from there. Between the initial purchase and the subsequent updates my GM Tech 2 cost me over $20,000. That's just one tool which has been superseded by the GDS 2, and that is a story that I can repeat for each manufacturer that I choose to work on. I didn't even bother linking you to the TSB that would have us pull the engineering data that would show me if the hub bearing is actually the failure or not because only the Tech 2 can pull that information. 
    The technology is way out of control. I don't envy you guys who have to keep up with it. I'm 70 years old and have always done all my own repair but it's getting tougher with every model year. Tonight I was watching a youtube video on J2534. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKG9KWp8czQ
    Don't think I will be getting into that! Just give me a 1967 Impala and I'll be set for life. 8^]

I really appreciate your advice. Next I will try checking for the 350 mv and maybe look at both front sensors with the scope. The hub bearings seem tight but if it needs a sensor I will buy the complete Timkin hubs with sensors on them. They are only about $70 more than the sensors alone.
    Did some trouble shooting tonight. The 350mv didn't work on these sensors, I suppose because they are digital. But I did the test where you unplug the sensors, jump voltage across, then read the signal wire to ground for milli-amps. I got readings within spec for high and low as the hub was rotated for both right and left sensors. The flow chart now says it's the EBCM. Wonderful.... Where is the best/cheapest place to get them rebuilt?
  • logan9973_logan9973_ Member Posts: 5
    2007 Chevy Colorado oil consumption is rapid, no leaks or smoke. Runs rough and turns off or almost stalls at sudden stops or right turns. Plz help
  • logan9973_logan9973_ Member Posts: 5