Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Engine Problems

1303132333436»

Comments

• Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have had nothing but problems with my 2006 Chevy Colorado as well, from waiting the 10-20 minutes to start up, it also has a kill switch which I HATE! I'm currently having electric problems, and problems go on, does anyone know if these trucks are in recall or is there a GM customer service on this thread that can help me with more accurate info, it's getting really frustrating, I keep taking it to the mechanic and it just keeps getting worst, HELP PLEASE!!!!! my email address is gloriajarredondo@gmail.com
  • russ95russ95 Posts: 16
    Gloria,
    All of my '04 Canyon various electrical problems were resolved when I replaced the very expensive and very inadequate original battery with a much larger Group 65-850 battery from Costco. It is way too big to fit in the factory enclosed case but fits perfectly on the base and in the original position. Since I installed it on 5-30-09 I have only replaced 2 light bulbs! Zero electric problems. The truck has been used hard for over 150,000 miles including lots of towing trailers up to 4,500# up very steep mountains so they can be decent trucks. No serious mechanical repairs ever. See my previous post #695.
    Russ
  • Hello,
    I took my chevy colorado in to victory chevrolet dealership in petaluma california at 70000 miles right after buying it from the dealership with cracked manifold-they replaced it and the head through GM,is there a 100,000 mile warranty after that from GM? it just cracked again,i took it to a pep boys repair station-they inspected it and found that the only chrome bolt had backed off,i am now looking at another replacement at 167000 miles,Pep Boys said it cracked because the new bolt backed off,can you help
  • k9kopperk9kopper Posts: 1

So, if I had known then what I know now..... I guess I should kiss the ground and thank the Lord. I have an 05 Ext. cab Colorado z71 4wd. Everyone who sees it thinks it's brand new they don't believe it's an 05. A point I am proud of. 6 years ago (approx.) I picked up a tap in the engine. I continued to drive it until 8 March 2014. My "poor baby" suffered a myocardial infarction and it was unable to be resuscitated. sniff The number 3 cylinder is out. So I now have a beautiful well kept truck with no engine. Well the engine's still in it but you get the idea. I have 199,000 miles on this truck. I replaced the starter a few years ago, replaced the front brake pads (they didn't need it and rotors were fine) at 101,000, replaced the rear brake pads last year (they didn't need it) and replaced the right front hub assembly the end of January 2014. It was a good truck for me. I had considered putting a used engine in it but after reading all these horror stories I don't want to spend the money on an engine that seems to be extremely unreliable. What do y'all think?