Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Duramax Diesel Questions

Comments

• Warning light says check oil level; gauge is buried clear to right past 80; oil level is fine, and truck runs perfect. Changed the oil pressure sending unit with no change. What next?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    folb,
    Have you spoke with your GM dealer of choice? If not, I would recommend starting there. They will be able to assist you in diagnosing your vehicle and finding a resolution to your concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • 1GCJC39D16E208970 is a 2006 Silverado 3500, 1GBHC29D47E154952 is a 2007 Silverado 2500 and 1GCJK39698E174591 is a 2008 Silverado 3500 4x4. None of three GM service shops have solved the problem yet. The 2008 is in now for replacement of two fuel injectors at $2700.
    hpeeples, (and anyone else experiencing this concern)
    I would recommend having your dealer involve technical assistance if they are unable to diagnosis your vehicle. When you vehicle goes into reduced power (limp mode) there should be a code stored. I hope this helps. I am still looking for more information for this. But from what I have gathered the vehicle could go into reduced power (limp mode) for many different reasons.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • folbfolb Posts: 54
    There have been reports of the trans slipping in the allisons between 4th and 5th gears while towing. I'm told it is clutch pressures. Do you have any info on this? Is there something in GM's computer system that can be reflashed or programmed to increase the clutch pressures? ATI, Bullydog, PPE, all make either parts to install in the trans or an electronic device to increase these pressures. Please let us all know.
  • I have a 2007 Silverado 2500HD with 117k on it. About 2 weeks ago it threw a P0403 code indicating the EGR valve is having problems. I ordered a new EGR and this morning I started the truck put it in reverse and it died. It cranks, but won't start.

Would the EGR valve cause the truck to not start at all?
  • folbfolb Posts: 54
    Did you try to put the old EGR valve back in?
  • Haven't gotten the new one yet...just wondering if it will stop it from starting.
  • Check your electric fuel pump relay under the hood. It or one of the other relays could be bad causing the electric fuel pump not to run.
  • not sure what the fuse box looks like on the 07' classic, but my 05' has multiple fuse boxes and you'd be amazed at what is fused, at least I was. good luck. let us know what happens
  • Didn't have time to work on the truck so I towed it to a friends shop...so far there is NO fuel flow...could be the relay or the pump if I had to make a guess...It has been slow in starting lately, so the pump may be the problem.
  • Good luck! Sounds like your on the right track.
  • Put a new fuel filter in it and primed it...working fine and now problems...put the new EGR valve in it afterwards. First problem I have had with it mechanically since I bought it...
  • davetxdavetx Posts: 5
    I am experiencing a problem with the a/c and heater controls on my 2004 GMC Sierra 3500. I have the dual zoned a/c heater control system. The driver's side of the system, when set on cold running the a/c will all of a sudden switch to hot air blowing thru the vents, but only on the driver's side. The passenger's side continues to blow cold air. No matter what I do, slide the temp control up and down, turn off the fan control, or switch the vent control to a different setting, the hot air continues to blow. The only way to make it go back to the a/c mode is to turn off the ignition and then restart the truck (very inconvenient when driving down the road). Sometimes this will happen often, then other times it will act normal for weeks without incident. Any ideas?
  • barrailbarrail Posts: 27
    my truck did the same thing, and last week it went in for a new fan speed switch under a recall. Has not done it since. Check with dealer to see if your truck is part of the recall.
  • My 06 now has a ticking sound in the engine, plus it's cutting back and shaking like crazy
    Mistamule,

I’m sorry to hear about the noise concern you’re having with your vehicle – have you been working with Customer Assistance at all? Please email us your information via the email listed in our profile if you’d like help working with a dealership to resolve this concern.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Assistance
  • hi i have a 2010 chevy silverado diesel i have soot blowing out the right side of truck when pulling fifth wheel it gets the leg on the 5th wheel black i have been told the filter needs replaced but it looks fine i might go ahead an replace it anyway i wanted to know if there was a exhaust tip i could purchase to blow out the side or down instead of the standard straight back thanks for any help linda
  • Just replaced alt, and found that the box on the top of engine on drivers side is smoken hot, only showing 13v on the charge meter, and seems to be shorted, is this a common problem and what do i look for to get replacement parts