Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Tires and Wheels

191011121315»

Comments

• daneeldaneel Posts: 19
    Please remember that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". So, if the wheels are ugly to you, they are ugly - over and done with
  • I didn't see a specific forum for tires here so, I hope you'll indulge me if this is the wrong area?
    I've decided to upgrade the new Touring to 18" wheels, likely from the coupe but, I'm not completely sure they'll fit the sedan w/o any issues.
    More importantly are tire choice. I like Michelin but, not sure which is the best for overall handling, grip & minimal road noise. Mileage isn't a priority.
    Michelin seems to offer several options in the 235/45/18 size, Pilot MXM4(2 different ratings?), Primacy & I forget.
    Any suggestions or input is appreciated
  • seven_upsseven_ups Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Under the Michelin marque, the finest handling tire, bar none, is the Pilot Super Sport, which is available in the size you indicate. In terms of superior handling characteristics in an all-season tire, the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 is also available, V-rated, in 235/45-18. TireRack is an excellent resource for tire research, and is recommended.

In my years of driving, I have found Michelin to be superb in terms of durability, noise ( nil ), and handling; I purchase no other.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I'd have to disagree. While they are certainly fine tires, the traits you've named all depend on the model you purchase. My 2006 Accord came with Michelin tires, from their "Energy" line. They lasted 4 years and 49,000 miles, but were very poor in wet conditions relative to the Bridgestone Potenzas I had on the other Accord I owned. To replace the Michelins would've cost $178/tire at the time, not on sale. The Bridgestones I bought were $115/tire, retail. They were quieter and had substantially more bite when cornering. Wet traction was improved as well.

If shopping tires, Tirerack.com has a great resource in its Customer Reviews.
  • seven_upsseven_ups Posts: 10
    Michelin has discontinued the Energy MXV4, which was OEM several years ago for Accord ( our former 2001 Accord EX-V6 came equipped with the same tire ). The original poster indicated handling as a variable and de-emphasized fuel economy; as the poster did not specify location or summer/all-season use, two tires from the Pilot line were suggested - one, an A/S. We currently drive on the new Pilot Sport A/S 3, and find it impeccable - particularly in rain/standing water; thus, the bias toward this tire model. The poster mentions the Primacy MXM4, which is also an excellent selection, if a soft ride is desired.

TireRack consumer reviews and the omnibus "survey" tab for each tire should be one stop to make for every prospective tire purchaser. It is wise to perform extensive due diligence regarding tire models, as it is a decision the buyer will be living with for tens of thousands of miles, and many years and seasons of driving.