Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Braking Questions

2»

Comments

• jaw101jaw101 Posts: 1
    ABS Light is on cannot get any codes from computer. The rear brakes lock up and shutters, could it be the control module for the brakes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • geojandgeojand Posts: 1
    Had same trouble but did not drive or with the noise because I pulled the fuse in the fuse box under hood. Not the one under dash. see your manual for which one. Light will stay on noise will stop and of course you won't have ABS system. Don't like it anyway.
  • bassman45bassman45 Posts: 3
    Does anyone know where the ABS sensor is? I've been told that it's over the rear differential, and alternatively it's behind the right front disc rotor. I prefer to believe that it's behind the wheel disc rotor. Does anyone know for sure? I haven't taken the tire off to look closely, as I probably wouldn't recognize the sensor even I saw it. Anyone have any experience with this?
  • mickeymouse2mickeymouse2 Posts: 161
    Its on the top of the differential on the yoke or drive shaft side. Here is a hint. Its the only thing that has a wire coming from it. Its held in by one 10mm bolt. If you have ABS front and rear then you will also have sensors on each front wheel also on the back side of the stearing knuckle below the brake calipers.
  • 1995 Ford F250 diesel has brake problem, sometimes brakes work OK, sometimes the pedal is hard as a rock and goes all the way to the floor before brakes work, sometimes a slight delay and then brakes work. Very scary not knowing what will happen when I touch brake pedal. 2 mechs recommend replacing brake booster, vacuum pump, and master cylinder, (not in that order). Very expensive to start changing these.
  • The left disc brake is pulsating when I try to stop. I removed the fuse that controls this ABS braking system. A indicator light on the dash comes on indicating that the system is not powered up.
    The pulsating problem is resolved but I don't have a ABS system. Is this a sensor problem on that left front brake?
    How hard is it to replace the brake sensor?
  • petecalpetecal Posts: 23
    edited October 2010
    My ABS light is on. I think it is a loose connection at the ABS module. (Long story I won't bore you with).

It seems the ABS module is attached below the Hydraulic Control Unit and very hard to get to. I am sure I have to move the HCU but it has a few hydraulic tubes connected to it and I can't remove those (cost for dealer to bleed the system) nor do I want to break one.

Does anybody know if things can be loosened up enough to get at the ABS module without damaging the HCU connections?

Thanks In Advance,
    Pete
  • I am working on a freind truck that has the same peoblem. It does the same thing. There is something inside the frame rails under the mastercylinder that the brake lines go to. It says remanufactured and there is a harness going to it It has no power going to it with brakes on or off. It also looks like it has a small motor conected to it like a small pump solenoid. I'm trying to find out what it is and if it has anything to do with the problem. Maybe it can help you. I'm open for any info on this problem.
    That is the ABS unit. There is a harness, yes, but there is also a power connector.

My problems got worse. A full description and my soluthon is at:

http://www.fordforum.com/forum/general-tech-11/brake-pedal-goes-floor-24307/

If the link does not survive the posting process, go to fordforum.com and search the forums for postings by petec (that's me).
    My problems got worse. A full description and my soluthon is at:

http://www.fordforum.com/forum/general-tech-11/brake-pedal-goes-floor-24307/

If the link does not survive the posting process, go to fordforum.com and search the forums for postings by petec (that's me).

Pete
  • trigertriger Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    f 150 abs activates at 5 mph when slowing down what makes this happen
  • I discovered the problem when I noticed excessive wear on my front passenger tire. I couldn't see anything wrong with the ball and u joints so replaced the tire and when I rotated them noticed the left brake was not engaging. I just recently replaced the pads and the right side is working great. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this
2»