Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello,

I'm just looking for Money Factor and Percentage RV for a 2011 Elantra Limited. 36months @ 12000miles per year.

Are the rates posted affected positively or negatively by credit score? Mine is high in the 700s.
  • Hi witeoutrules. Hyundai is currently only providing support on 24 month leases of the Elantra.

Its January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Elantra Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00106 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • witeoutruleswiteoutrules Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    Car_man,

I am wondering why then Hyundai is promoting a 36 month lease on the 2011 Elantra on their website? (advertised through 1/31/11)

The example model is a GLS w/ popular equipment... but they wouldn't offer 36 months on a GLS and only 24 months on a Limited would they?

Others posted earlier in January they were receiving 36 month offers with high 60s% on their 2011 deals.

BTW thank you for the fast response
  • I agree that in light of 36mo promo financing, you state Hyundai only offers 24 month. Might you have the term mixed up?
  • Its January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Elantra Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00106 and 62%, respectively.

With those numbers, $0 down, you're looking at $350 per month (based on a LIMITED with NAVI at a price of $21,000). Pretty nuts if you ask me.

Someone please tell me I made a mistake in my calculations.
  • I really believe the term as posted is mixed up and should say 36months. For a vehicle receiving top honors in residual value from ALG.. it's 24 month residual would be way higher than 62%. Frankly, based on what others have posted from the deals they have worked, I think even that % is low for 36 months.

Use that residual and money factor on a 36 month and it makes a ton more sense.

Figure in the advertised $595 acquisition fee and you'd be around $289 tax included w/ $0 down.
  • Just got a quote of zero down and 35 payments for 275.10 including TN taxes - based on a 2011 Limited with a selling price of $19,800, MF of .00106 and a resdiual of 62%. This includes a ACQ fee of 595 and a doc fee of 399.50

Thoughts?
  • that matches what Car_Man posted earlier this month.. so the big stuff MF & Residual look good. 595 acquisition is correct, so i'm guessing your doc fees are right on.. seems kosher!
  • Why is there a doc fee on top of an acquisition fee? Is this normal or simply padded dealer profit?
  • Good catch, witeoutrules. You're absolutely right. Hyundai's special lease program for the 2011 Elantra Touring is 24 months, but its program for the regular Elantra is 36 months. Sorry for the confusion. The money factors and residual values are the same, the term is just different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Ha great username slee_stack.

Assuming that is is not marked-up, all of the acquisition fee goes to the bank that you are leasing through, in this case, Hyundai Finance. The doc fee is really just dealer profit.

Car_man
    Host
  • eclaixpeclaixp Posts: 46
    Hi, I am interested in leasing a 2011 Elantra Limited but after reading some of your comments, I may have to reconsider. My brother leased a 2010 Volkswagen CC last year for $300/month, $0 down, 12k miles/year, 36 months. It seems that it would be unreasonable to lease a $20k Hyundai vehicle for almost the same lease price of a $30k Volkswagen vehicle. Any thoughts? I was hoping to be able to lease a Elantra Limited for $200/month, 12k miles/year, 36 months, $0 down.
  • $200 a month with zero down seems reasonable for the limited without the Navi (Looking for a $1500-$2000 discount). Let us know how you do when you try to get the car!
  • It is not possible if you do the math if the provided figures, even if they took $2000 off, which isn't going to happen on a brand new red-hot model.

$0 down and a realistic $1000 off MSRP + Hyundai's $595 acquisition fee and you're at $243 before taxes on a Limited
  • witeoutruleswiteoutrules Posts: 7
    edited February 2011
    No harm no foul Car_man.

When you can, can you post the Residual and Money Factor for the 2011 Elantra Limited as well as the GLS Auto Preferred (if it matters) for February? 36 months 12k miles per year.

I think this is my month. Either this or a Mazda3.
  • Hi witeoutrules. Hyundai's February lease program is exactly the same as its January program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car_man,

Could you please provide the MF and residual for february for the 2011 Elantra Touring GLS and SE models? For 24 and for 36 months and 10k/12k miles? Thanks a lot if this is possible!
  • Hey kp3406. Hyundai Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Elantra Touring GLS with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 66%, respectively.

For some reason Hyundai is only supporting 24 month leases on the Elantra Touring and 36 month leases on Elantra non-Touring models.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the details on February leases I got from Las Vegas, NV:

Elantra GLS Automatic
    Money Factor .00098
    Residual 66%
    12k/36 mo

At full MSRP, no down, this is $214/mo + tax

What do you think?

P.S. do you also have the numbers for the 2011 Genesis Coupe?
    I was given these:
    12k/36 mo
    MF .00167
    Residual 59%
    MSRP 24350
    Selling price 21900
    Incentive 1000
    Payment $257.90 + tax

Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to pull the trigger this President's Day weekend.

Thanks!
    --Daniel
  • Thats a nice money factor and residual on the elantra though you should be able to get some type of discount off msrp at this point in the season. Maybe look under people's buying experiences (other feed) to see what kind of discounts they're getting?
  • I am looking at a 2011 Elantra Limited without navi 36 months, 15000 miles, lease. What is the lease money factor and residual value?
    Thanks for your help.
  • Hey Car Man,

Is the MF and residual for Feb different on a 2011 Elantra Limited with Premium package? The dealer is coming back with a monthly payment $50 higher than what I'm coming up with based on a 36 month lease, $2k down, and full MSRP. $22830

Thanks,
    Rasky
  • Same here. Quoted $350 per month with nothing down. I'm coming out to $297. Something seems off here. MSRP $22830.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Greetings to the very appropriately named leasequestion.

Hyundai Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Elantra Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00106 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Rasky. The addition of the Premium Package has no impact upon this car's lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car Man!

Guess I won't be back to that dealer! ;)
  • Hello Car man,
    I am interested in leasing a 2011 elantra with all the bells and whistles. The Limited w/navi they claim it is 22880 retail. they quoted me 62% residual and payments of 282 + tax per month w/2500 down to me it seems quite high for this car so please let me know what I should b getting with this package and in the area of Petaluma, CA This does not include any other fees like acq fee or title or anything as far as I know.

Thanks for your time!
  • Greetings again,

I went back to check on the car they had and I tried to negotiate with them for a lower price, payments, or cash down and they woudnt budge on a single thing. Started with 1000 off and tried my hand at $250 off and they would not take a single penny off. They would not even make the 282 include tax. So please let me know asap what I should really exspect from a dealer because I think I might have to go elsewhere less they are on the spot with their quote. :sick:

Thanks
  • jfontjfont Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    Hello Car Man--
    I went to a dealership yesterday and put a deposit on an incoming 2011 Elantra Limited with Nav. On the paper work they gave us it shows a 61% residual and a money factor of .00146. I see that there were different money factors in February. Is this money factor that we were quoted correct? The total drive off is $800 and the monthly payment is $300.32 including tax for 3 years and 15k miles per year. Would this be the best payment we can get, or should we ask further? We have not signed the sales contract yet and won't pick up the car until next weekend.
    Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome raskyr1.

Car_man
    Host