Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Lease Questions

Comments

• cptwlkrcptwlkr Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    Any thoughts on this 2013 Hundai Elantra Limited lease deal? Money factor is a bit high, residual seems ok for 48 months, paying MSRP but no fees other than delivery and acquisition.

MSRP $22045
    Sell $ 22795
    Term 48 months/12K miles per year
    Residual 56%
    Acq Fee 595
    Money .00190 (4.56%)
    Taxes $1001
    Monthly $298

0 down, 0 money on deliver, lic fees, doc fees are all being 'shorted' by dealer

thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Yes there is phredd44. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Elantra Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00204 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi cptwlkr. While the money factor that you were quoted is not great, it's right in line with Hyundai Finance's buy rate for this model.

Having said that, you definitely should try to negotiate some sort of dealer discount from MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
  • cptwlkrcptwlkr Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_man .. was able to get several items shorted or discounted by the dealership - acquisition fee (and disposition end of lease fee) along with doc fee were deducted or 0'd out in the deal...your suggestions/advise much appreciated.
    Also got mud guards, wind deflector, iPod cable, floor mats for 0 additional. We're happy and love our new Elantra.
    ~cptwlkr
  • pathfinder813pathfinder813 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I leased an Elantra GLS with the Preferred package in VA for 36 months at 15k miles a year... sticker was 19470 or so and we negotiated a price down to 18050.

I ended up leasing for 0 down, $275 a month (paid the first month payment). I believe MF was 0.00208 or so and RV was 62%. This also includes all VA sales tax and all fees.

They said this included $1000 lease incentive.

Is this right?
    You're very welcome cptwlkr. It sounds like you did well. Thanks for stopping back to let us know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • mgs586mgs586 Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2013 Elantra GLS with auto transmission (MSRP $18,470)
    Any updates to 36 month lease details? I have not decided 12,000 miles or 15,000 miles yet but would be interested in discounted purchase price, money factor and residual.

I am co-signing this lease for my college aged daughter. Since she has no credit rating, they mentioned this may push me from the top credit tier to a tier 2 credit. Does that sound right? I am also planning to put $2500 down +/- to keep her payment around the $200/mo range.

What the dealer has given me is a $179/mo lease rate that will increase to $189/mo when you include tax, title and license, and may bump up to $199/mo due to the lower credit tier.

Any input would be appreciated!
  • Hey everyone,

So this is what our delaership has agreed to with us:

36 month, 12,000 mile/yr lease

MSRP: 24600
    They agreed to $23,100 after discounts and rebates (However, sales person said the residual and monthly payment is calculated based on original MSRP....is this true?)

Risidual value $15990 (This is 65%, should this be lower or higher?)
    Money factor: .00244

Down Payment: $2500

Acquisition Fee: $595
    Doc fee: $150
    Title/Licensing: $182.75
    Taxes: $1204

Payments are $300/mo for 36 months

Good deal, ok deal, bad deal???

Thoughts and feedback appreciated. We are supposed to take delivery on Tuesday.

Thanks in advance.
  • buffkgbuffkg Posts: 1
    Currently went to dealer with 23 yr old daughter intending to purchase used. Dealer swayed us to a lease of a 2013 Elantra GLS Limited. $3,000 down + trade-in of 1995 Camaro Z28 (104k miles) inclusive of tax, fees, etc. for 36mo/12k miles/yr @ $199/mo. "Buy out" of approx $12k @ end of lease.

We have never leased a car before and I am completely unsure of what is fair or how to negotiate a better deal. I will need to co-sign this for her since she is a recent college grad with limited credit.

Help pls!

Don't believe this is a great deal based on what I've read here. What should we be negotiating and what should we stay away from? We are located in Central NJ.
    Hi buffkg. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

In order to evaluate this deal, we would need to know this car's MSRP and selling price as well as how much you are being given for the Camaro.

Car_man
    Host
  • williemc1williemc1 Posts: 1
    Hi:

I just leased a 2013 Elantra GLS w/Preferred Package from Keith Hawthorne Hyundai in Charlotte, NC. Did all the work via email and phone. Spent less than one hour in dealership for test drive and paperwork. Here's the deal.

36 month, 12000 mile lease.

No Money Down, they made the first payment.

MSRP 19890.
    ADJ. CAP cost 20558.50 19890+69(tags)+599.50(Doc Fee)
    Residual Value 13071.70 (64%)
    Money factor .00178
    Payments 267.83+8.03(3% Tax)= $275.86

Also, they made my last payment on my Camry Lease. ($355)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
  • Hi all. I want to ask about my experience with leasing a car today.
    The MSRP of the elantra 18650. They agreed to no down payment, but 200$ per month for 39 month.
    After we agree to this price, they took me to another room for signing papers. At this time they brought out some "wear&tear protection waiver (100 dectible, 500 single event limint)", some maintenance plan, and adding an alarm. For those three items, they asked for 45$/month extra. I felt like they ambushed me with this price and I said, maybe 30$/month? they agreed immediately. They made me feel a little uneasy. They also mentioned a 400 disposition fee at the end of lease.
    So in the end I get 230/month x 39 month + 400 disposition fee. Do you think I got a good deal? Is the 30$/month fee addition is some kind of gimmick? Thanks.
  • steevosteevo Posts: 340
    No gimmick, they offered you a bunch of items for 45 per, you negotiated to 30. So 30 dollars x 39 payments = 1170. So you paid 1170 for the items.
    Car_man,
    Do you have the latest MF and residuals for the Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS and SE , 36 months, 12000 miles?
    Thank you..
    Car_man,
    Do you have the latest MF and residuals for the Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS and SE , 36 months, 12000 miles?
    Thank you..
    Does anyone have lease numbers I can use? See previous posts for terms..
    edited September 2012
    Hi steevo. Hyundai Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Elantra Coupe GS with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Elantra Coupe SE are .00194 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I have never leased b4 and don't know much about is past negotiating a selling price first. Car Man, could you give insight for me on this . I know what residual value is but not much past that.
    Thank you, Nessie
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/
    Negotiate best selling price for car. Use a lease calculator to determine payments.
    Knowledge is power when negotiating. All the information you are asking for is already in great detail in articles found here on edmunds, and you can also read through the leasing forums. The most active forums have the most information. I use the calculator on the following website, which also has some good leasing info.
    www.leaseguide.com
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the lease numbers (mf & resid) on 24 and 36 month, 12K and 15K mi/year leases on the 2012 and 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan. Also, is there any lease support being provided?

Thanks
  • Car_Man -

I'm considering an Elantra GT and wondered if you had any info on the October MF & residuals for a 24mo/12K per year or 36mo/12K per year lease.

TIA!
  • You're welcome steevo.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome bravely. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Good luck in your negotiations and make sure to let us know if you have any questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • taher3taher3 Posts: 1
    I was shocked to learn yesterday that Hyundai Finance Co. will charge me $400+tax for not buying or leasing a new car from them after returning the old leased car. This was never disclosed to us by the selling and returning agents of the hyundai company but was cleverly placed in the contract. The leased car was already returned 2 months ago in excellent condition after inspection by their company. The car was returned with low mileage (26,000 miles instead of 30,000 mile per contract) and fully paid, one month before the end of the contract. We were told repeatedly by the Hyundai agents and Bank that there are no more charges and the case is closed.
    We ended up leasing Ford Fusion, 2 months back, after returning hyundai elantra and now we are being penalized by this deceitful company by sending us to collection if we dont pay the $424 "disposition fee", immediately. BUYERS BE AWARE before leasing any car from HYUnDAI LEASE COMPANY. Plz let this be known to all. Thanks.
    You should beware of yourself. Did you read your Ford lease?
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,743
    edited October 2012
    "but was cleverly placed in the contract"...Did you not read the whole contract before you signed it? Excuse me but isn't it the buyers responsibility to read the "whole" contract before signing on the dotted line? Cleverly placed in the contract...? Now you want to blame Hyundai because you agreed to a part of the contract, written in plain English, and some how it's their fault? Excuse me while I stop laughing here for a minute!

Personal responsibility folks, that's the name of the game. Why do so many Americans not want to take personal responsibility for their actions...I don't get it? Time to suck it up here...really folks...a life's learning lesson...READ EVERY LINE OF A CONTRACT! Especially when it's one of the most expensive purchases people make...read it!

The Sandman :confuse: :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• CarFather (Car_Man) do you have #'s for a 2013 Elantra GLS w/ pref package 15k/yr 36m lease?

Many thanks :)
  • Ha Hi pinksnyper :shades: . Here you go. Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Elantra GLS Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man....How about the December money factor and residual numbers for the same car...Hyundai GLS automatic, 3 year lease at 10,000 miles a year. We are in in So Cal if that matters. Thanks for all your good advice.