Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Elantra Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car_man, All,
    I am getting the following from a San Jose dealer for a Hyundai Elatra GLS Auto with Preferred package:

MSRP: 18805
    Price: 17855
    Down payment: 1999

With a 65% residual value and 0.00133 money factor, on a 36 month lease, I'm calculating the lease payment to be around $176.00 without taxes. However, the dealer tells me the payment is $205/month without taxes. What am I missing here?
  • Hi kaalpurush. Using the numbers that you provided, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $197. Depending upon how much of the money that is due at lease signing is used as a capitalized cost reduction, this car's payment would be a little lower than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car_man,
    I was able to negotiate a pre-tax payment of 176 with 1999 down. Do you think it was a good deal?
  • Hello Car_Man!
    Can you please tell me what the Hyundai Finance's November 2011 buy rate, lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Elantra Limited with 15,000 miles per year are? Thank you!
  • dcnova1dcnova1 Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    I signed a lease tonight in NJ for a 2012 Elantra Limited (without technology package) for $500 down (includes all tax, fees, and 1st month payment) and $266/month (incl. tax) for remaining 35 months at 12k miles/yr, out the door. Good deal?
  • Hello bec2012. Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Elantra Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Are those rates the same for an Elantra GLS Automatic for 15,000 miles?

Thanks!
  • Bmack11, the money factor would be the same for the '12 Elantra Sedan GLS Auto, but the residual value would actually be even better...65%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man / All,

Back in May '10, I leased a Hyundai Elantra ($2495 down, $99.6 monthly payment, 12000 miles, 2 year lease, purchase price of $11,210.85 at the end of lease)

I still have 6 months to go w/ lease, and I'm very close to my mile limit of 24000.

Wondering if you have any info / links on deciding whether to buy the car at the end of lease, and return without putting any extra miles

When I purchased I never thought I would own the car, but with 6 months to go (and plans to add 9000 miles), am I better off buying the car ?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks,
    Sam.
  • Hi Sam. Unfortunately as you suspect, the only way to avoid paying an excess mileage penalty is to purchase your vehicle at lease-end.

What is your vehicle's excess mileage charge? At $0.15/mile you're looking at a charge of $1,350 for going 9,000 miles over your limit. That's obviously a decent chunk of change. You can avoid this charge buy buying your Elantra at lease-end, but you may not want to do that for one reason or another...perhaps the $11,210 selling price is significantly more expensive than this car would be on the open market, or you're just sick of it, etc...

Heck at $99 per month, your payment is so cheap, you could lease something else and just let your Elantra sit there for the next couple of months, using it only sparingly.

Car_man
    Host
  • rosowrosow Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    Hello Car_Man!
    Can you please tell me what Hyundai Finance's December 2011 lease money factor and residual values are for a 36-month lease on a 2012 Elantra Limited (No technology Package) with 10,000/12,000 miles per year are? Do they also show 48 month lease numbers?? Also, do you know of any special dealer lease incentives for December 2011?

Thanks in advance!!

Lenny
  • I'd be happy to help you out Lenny.

Hyundai Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Elantra Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00133 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00140 and 54%.

I'm not sure if Hyundai Finance offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does its residual values for that allowance are likely 1% higher than its 12k resids.

I don't believe that Hyundai is currently providing any special cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Car_man,

I have not seen any incentives or rebates posted for Hyundai in January, on the main site. What are the lease details for a 2012 Elantra Limited for 36 months @ 15,000 miles/year?

Money Factor:
    Residual:
    Any incentives:

Thanks for your help. I will be turning in my old lease in Feb. and want to get started working the numbers.
  • Hi kopchikc. Yes, Hyundai is providing lease support on the 2012 Elantra in January.

Hyundai Motors Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a '12 Elantra Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Hyundai is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Good luck and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Where do you see the $1000 cash incentive. I called Hyundai and they didnt know about that.
  • I just know these things ;) . Trust me the incentives definitely exists. Did you call Hyundai's consumer line or a dealership? Manufacturers rarely provide detailed information on their lease programs to consumers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello!

To lease a 2012 Elantra Touring SE with the Bluetooth option installed, can you please help me find out the:

-Residual Value
    -Money Factor

I'm looking at a 15K miles per year.
    I'm OK with a 36 months or less term - open to suggestions!

I have an offer for that car for $21,050, lease monthly payments for 36 month 15K at around $195. Is this a good deal?

Any and all additional info helps!
    Thanks.
  • Hello Car_Man,

I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with the Lease info relevant to the Bay Area in CA.

Thanks!
  • Hello mrcarbuyer. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Elantra Touring SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00152 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

What is the MSRP of the car that you are interested in? That number will enable me to see how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
  • Where do you find the lease rates for Hyundai's, specifally the rates for Elantra 12000 yr 36 months. Is there a website with the rates?

Thanks