Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Subaru Forester Owners - Give Us Your Report!

1234568»

Comments

• bayarea_s40bayarea_s40 Posts: 19
    I've got the three nets, plus the the rubber(?) fitted mat for for cargo area floor. Saves cleaning mud and other gunk from the floor's fabric! :shades:
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    We ordered that liner, too. And the cargo cover, and mud flaps.
  • phdhuskyphdhusky Posts: 64
    Just wanted to introduce myself if you havn't seen me post.

Just got a new Sage Green 09 Forester AT Premium PZEV. It's got wheel arch moldings, sport grill, spoiler, cross bars, rear bumper cover, splash gaurds.

Been lots of fun so far even though only 200 miles :)
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Posts: 1,721
    Looks like Subaru shipped the cars before the parts. Getting Subaru Door Protectors (lengthwise body colored protective strips) takes a month or more. Hopefully my subie will remain undinged until they arrive.
    Congrats, that sounds sweet.

I liked the green, but my wife has had 2 green cars in a row, so she opted for Blue.
  • tkaytkay Posts: 99
    KMG are you installing the moldings or the dealer? What did they cost?.. Have you changed your mind on a 1st. year model ?
    dealer's doing it but parts are back ordered.
    other than dash/headliner squeaks, Subaru seems to have done good job with '09 forester, better than other 1st year'ers I've owned.
    Got my VON, so I called SoA to find out how I can track it from production to delivery. Hope to hear back from them soon. :shades:
  • redrose1redrose1 Posts: 49
    Nice to hear you like your new car. Had you looked at other vehicles to compare before you bought this? If yes, why did you choose the Forester over the others?
    We are looking at a Turbo Forester, Rav4, and RDX.
    Any suggestions? Thanks!
    My observations for what they are worth (your mileage may differ :) )

Rav4V6 had nice engine and decent seats, but sluggish transmission, heavy-feeling handling, was noisy on Oregon roads, Fit/finish in back felt cheap, rear door promised to get in way of loading/unloading, no rear bumper. One advantage is it burns regular gas. With same options as Forester XT came out more expensive. Weak AWD compared to Subaru and others suggested I keep looking.

At auto shows and dealer walkthru, interiors felt cold and angular, though seating was good. At least $3000 more than Forester. Mileage is worse than Forester, and engine seems typical Honda (it lives for revs). Reading several reviews claiming RDX has harsh noisy ride , and only one Acura dealer nearby who came up medicore in BBB ratings, said it was time to move on.
    I love the 2GR V6, in fact I bought a Sienna and the engine was a big reason.

The RAV4 has the wrong-way swing out door that blocks the curb side, and poor visibility.

Honestly I preferred the Sienna. You can even get AWD. If you go with a Toyota at least sample the Sienna. Much more room, same price, nicer inside, power sliders, etc.

I know, I know, it's a minivan. We love ours.

We also have an 09 Forester on order. :shades:
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.