Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mazda6

Comments

• zzzoom6zzzoom6 Posts: 425
    seems the angles of the spy pics were far from ideal. if you look at the shots f/ Mazda of the new 6 for europe and asia, the angles are completely different.

but I do think not having the crease on the hood and a more accented lower front bumper for the NA market is a mistake. it almost seems as though mazda is decontenting the NA 6 so it can sell for less than other countries. and if you take currency issues into account, the weak dollar would almost make this a certainty. so I have a feeling we won't see things like corner adjusting headlights and adaptive cruise that I heard the euro 6 has...

I hope they have a body kit as an option to make the car have more appeal/ flair. as it is now, I am a bit disappointed and hope that the ride of the car will make up for some of the exteriors shortcomings.
  • I like the front of the US Version, but not the grill, they should have left the grill alone, and I like the rear of the euro version much better. Why did they do that? So I guess I pretty much agree with aviboy97. Does anyone know when will the official photo's come out? :confuse:
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,006
    From what I've seen on several boards, comments are almost 50-50 as to who likes the front end and who likes the back of the 09 Mazda6. I personally think the US version looks ok from the front and really looks great from the rear. I think the Euro version looks like a 2002 Malibu from the rear. But a lot of people are just the opposite--like yourself. What is odd is that I have not seen anyone post that they like the whole package.
  • unixxusunixxus Posts: 97
    From the spy pictures, I am glad to see that the interior of the NA version stays mostly the same as the Euro/JDM versions.

Edmunds.com 2009 mazda6 interior
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Yeah, I'm happy about that.

It seems the steering wheel came from the CX-9, as well as the gauge cluster. I do believe I see dual climate settings and blue tooth connectivity as well.

So far, the interior looks great. I hope when I see the car in detail in a month, I will not be disappointed
    What this means to you: As a 2009 model, the new Mazda 6 should hit showrooms by early next year. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

The above is from the link to Edmunds spy photos of the M6 interior. This article is dated 3/10/08 and they are forecasting the car to be in showrooms "early next year"?? What gives??
  • exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    I don't care too much about the details of the interior, since they dropped the 5-door model.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Typo - the car is already out in a few places around the world and probably only a few months away in the US.
  • socal2006socal2006 Posts: 44
    I agree, the interior looks good so far.

I saw a disguised 09 Mazda6 driving around Irvine, CA near MazdaUSA headquarters.
    Typical striped tape up job. Didn't get to snap a photo with phone though.

Even with the disguise, the one thing that really jumped out at me were the front wheel arches... they are very pronounced.

I'm getting excited, cant wait for the official unveiling.
  • Some people say it looks like an RX8 from the front, I am not sure about that.

I wonder if they will have the specials they usually have the the Mazda 6 with $3000 off. I know they usually do that in August. What do you guys think?
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Nope. Not with a new model.
    I think he may have been referring to the 08MY cars.
  • dyercardyercar Posts: 1
    I do not know what models will stay. I am closing on a Mazda dealership at the end of this month and then going to the North American Mazda meeting in Denver where we are supposed to hear all about the new 6. I am looking forward to hearing all about it. I will let you all know what I hear.
    Representatives from my dealership will be there. I cannot wait to hear, and see, what Mazda has in store for us in regards to the Mazda6.
    Apparently it's just the sedan, at least for 2009.
  • Hi guys,

I just got my first email about the new 2009 6 from mazdausa.com

Basically just a cheesy picture of a red curtain, and a message saying that their are keeping the car behind the curtain for now, and will reveal it in spring. The only encouraging point is the fact that it finishes by 'Premieres Summer 2008', whatever that means...
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Since the new model Mazda6 was introduced in 2007 as a 2008 model (everywhere except North America), will there be discounts on the North American Mazda6 when it is introduced as a 2009 model in 2008 since it is already over a year old design?
    I'm sure popularity/demand for this new 6 will drive the price just like it does with any other model. Let's wait and see how the NA public responds to the restyled 6 (restyled compared to Euro 6).
    You know we all keep talking about how great the Asian and Euro Mazda6 look. Does anybody know if it's selling well in those places in comparison to past MYs?
    I think that dealer should know better then to post those images. That is not what we are getting :sick:
  • Yeah, shame on this dealer for putting up this pic.
    Ya, maybe a dealer will post pics of the 2009 5-door we aren't getting either. :sick:
    So, about the NA Mazda dealer meeting. Wasn't it supposed to be end of March? Any news on the new 6?
    It's at the end of April. 23rd-25th
  • tjones39tjones39 Posts: 28
    So does anyone know exactly when the new 2009 Mazda 6 will be released to the dealers for sale here in the U.S.?
    According to Mazda, we should have them by September
  • Has anyone seen this pic of a 2009 Mazda 6 Coupe :surprise: ? ???
    Is it true?

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/04/mazda6-coupe-cabriolet-reality-or-pipe.html-
  • rsen1rsen1 Posts: 2
    Any news yet from the dealer meeting about the new Mazda 6?
  • zg64zg64 Posts: 1
    I'm on vacation in Israel right now, and I've seen a number of '09 models (Mazda is a huge seller here). The car looks great, although I prefer the less bulky front end of the current model. I hope the US model is not too much bigger. Interior design is much nicer. Looks sort of like a Camry from the back, but with trapeziodal LED taillights. I really wish the hatchback would come out the 1st year, it would look terrific. I've also seen a ton of the new 2.
    Zac
    1995 RX-7