Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mazda6

Comments

• moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    All I can hope for is that Mazda will stop selling over 40% of Mazda6 into rental fleet sales.
    43% of 2007 Mazda6 were selling into Fleet!
    The effect on residuals is horrible!
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    The effect on residuals is horrible!

Probably only an issue, if you paid a lot more than the typical fleet buyer did. In my case, if edmunds pricing function is to be believed, the "clean" trade in value of my 2007 Mazda6i is about $200 more than I paid 8 months and 7000 miles ago. Not that I have any intention of selling...

Also note that not all fleet sales are to rentals, there are other fleet buyers in the market.

The Mada6 has been selling at bargain prices for a while, it might be that the fleet buyers are just taking advantage of the value, rather than this being a case of Mazda "dumping" into fleets as Ford and GM had been doing in the past.
  • Sooo, is the car that was unveiled at the autoshow coming into the US as an 08 model year this fall, or next year as an 09 model? Edmunds and card and driver seem to have some conflicting information on this. :confuse:
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Neither. That's the Euro version of the '09 6. The US version could be quite different (and not as good looking). Probably will debut at the Detroit show in Jan.
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    But Mazda US may lobby for this one, with enough positive feedback. This may just guage interest for Mazda.

They seem to have another, larger version up their sleeve for the US. :blush:

DrFill
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Where did you see that? Mazda cut back fleet sales this year. It was left up to the dealers to sell them as fleet.
    That's the Euro version of the '09 6. The US version could be quite different (and not as good looking).

That is incorrect. Have you not seen the spy photos of the masked Mazda6 driving around Detroit? Even Mazdausa.com has posted the same car that you are looking at now, on their website.

The next Mazda6 will be a 2009, offered in mid 2008.

I went to a Mazda function this week, and they confirmed that the Mazda6 you are seeing at the Frankfurt Autoshow, IS that Mazda6 we will be getting. With little differences here and there. But, the body will bew the same.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The fleet statistics were taken from www.fleet-central.com when industry stats. for 1st half of 2007 were reported.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Then C&D and a few other outlets must have the story wrong. We'll know soon enough.
    Then C&D and a few other outlets must have the story wrong

Remember, they were going on rumors, no facts. Edmunds seems to think that the new Mazda6 is an 08 going on sale this fall. That is totally not true. I have 08's on order, and it's the same as the 07.
  • mpg60mpg60 Posts: 71
    If mazda were not changing out the six early then and keeping the same model as a carryover why did they not then update the web page to show the current model as a 08 offering. For example, notice how the information on mazdausa.com for the 3 is now posted as 08 with no changes to the model for this year.
    Because the 2008's are not totally out yet. I have had 2008 Mazda3's in my inventory for over a month and a half. I just received my first two 2008 Mazda6's today, and they are no different then the 2007's. With the exception of a few features.
  • qddaveqddave Posts: 164
    From what I can see in spy shots from the Detroit area, the only differences will be:
    - front/rear fascias; likely for NA crash standards
    - headlamp/taillamp design; likely to keep family resemblance with CX-9, etc.; perhaps Mazda's design direction
    - exhaust tips; NA version are contoured like CX-9, not round like the Frankfurt pics

We can only hope that all three versions make it to North America. That wagon is so hot!

Dave
    I noticed the rear exhaust tips, they are very similar to the CX-9.

As for the front and rear fascias, the camo really hides it, but I think it will basically be the same.
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    but it has a strong hint of lexus is/ current nissan altima to it. But still very nice looking.

if it drives how it looks, it seems that the current cushy ride camry, best balanced accord, and best handling 6 will keep their themes.

Dunno who it was who said the new camry is sportier than the new accord, but that simply makes no sense. In what way is it?

the design also has some strong hues of the 3.
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    Woo-Hoo! :D

The Camry definitely LOOKS sportier than the Accord, especially the SE. The Accord is as conservative as they could make it. The Mazda doesn't have that problem.

The humps (fender flares) work much better on the Mazda than they do on the S-Class. :)

DrFill
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Which is the best balanced of those three, is a matter of opinion/taste. For some the Camry would provide the best balance for others the Mazda6.

I'm sure what you meant was that the Accord is between the Camry and Mazda6 in terms of ride and handling.
    I have seen the new Accord in person, and it looks better then the pictures. It does have a lot of styling cues found on the BMW 5 series. It is also huge, according to the EPA, it is a full sized sedan.

I really am not a fan of the Camry, and I think Toyota took a lot of styling cues from the current Mazda6, especialy in the front and rear. I would assume the Accord is a better handler then the Camry as well.
  • carguy58carguy58 Posts: 2,303
    "I really am not a fan of the Camry, and I think Toyota took a lot of styling cues from the current Mazda6, especialy in the front and rear."

Well I agree Toyota took styling cues for the front end design of the Current Camry from the front of the current Mazda 6 but the rear of the Camry screams 02-06 Lexus ES though.
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    yes, exactly what i meant.