Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mazda6

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    pats1fan & jkobty2-

The remote start is available, at least in the North East, for the push button start equipped Mazda6's only. There is a wiring harness needed for Mazda6's not equipped with the push button start, and that part is on national back order with no ETA. I hope that helps!
  • That is interesting information because I am in the North East, and they claim they have the parts. Calling Mazda gets no results because the best they can do is call the salesman to ask him what the problem is (after I tell them what the problem is). Also, the claim is that it is the push button start system is the issue and if I had a keyed system I would be all set.
    That's incorrect. I would get on the phone with your dealer.

Part #0000-8F-Z23 (wiring harness) and C900-V7-629A (hood switch) are the parts on national back order and are parts required for the non-push button Mazda6's.
  • One phone call to Mazda again last night, and suddenly the part no longer has a technical issue. I was told to "expect a call" for installation, but of course did not get one. I am sure there will be resolution tomorrow when I become one with the dealership. Thanks for the help.
  • I've had my 09 Mazda 6i Touring for about 2 months now and I've put a little bit more than 700 miles on it (not much, I know). Anyways, I've been getting like 14 - 15 mpg with nearly 100% city driving. The EPA estimate is 21 with the range for most drivers being 17 - 23. Why am I getting such low numbers? Any help would be appreciated
  • I am still only getting 19 mpg mixed driving after 1,500 miles with my i GT. Not good but I love love love the car. Now it gets like 30 on the highway but this engine seems to not like city driving mpg wise.
  • Consumer Reports rates car MPG on a city, highway and mixed trip simulation. Unlike the EPA, they actually drive the cars. Their ratings tend to have City numbers lower than EPA no matter which car it is. One thing is for sure, they keep the drive course and manner of running the test consistent.

The rating for the 2009 6i is 15mpg city (same as 4cly Accord) and I believe 35 highway, with a mixed trip bring 24mpg. For instance the Altima 4cyl 2008/9 gets one of the highest for this class 18mpg City.
    The engine is not broken in yet. You need 3,000 to 5,000 miles on it before you will see optimum FE.
  • This is the exact model / package that I am interested in purchasing. How do you like the manual transmission? Haven't had a manual for many years, and thought I would like to get one again, which will also come in handy to teach my current 14 year old how to drive a manual car when she is ready (age 16 in Maryland).

Currently have a 07 Camry - 4 cylinder with automatic, which is an OK car, but certainly feels like I am driving a toaster ---- uninspiring and boring.

Does the car really have the Zoom Zoom thing?
    Does the car really have the Zoom Zoom thing?

Compared to your Camry. Yes. Not to disrespect what you own, but the Camry cannot hold a candle to the Mazda6 in terms of pure drivability.

Ask a 1st gen Mazda6 owner, and he/she may say the Mazda6 has lost a bit of "zoom-zoom", but, there is still no doubt that the 2009 is far sportier then anything else out there.
  • Check out the revised 3.0 PIP in the 2010 FULAN. If you convert the numbers between engine displacement the two are competitive against one another. I wish the new 6 would have gone the route the update FULAN is going. I strongly suspect the new Fusion will be my ride if I see some sign they will make it through the current "crisis."
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    I wouldn't worry about Ford, the crisis really seems to be just at GM and Chyrsler.
  • Not as much zoom zoom as my wifes 08 - the 8 bites into corners quicker and just feels a little faster, though in a straight 0-60 I can just take her. But it's still very sporty and zoomy. Lot of punch on the hwy.
    I wish the new 6 would have gone the route the update FULAN is going

I'm glad they didn't. IMO, offering 2 V6's is dumb and a 240hp V6 is too weak to compete with the Japanese brands. This is going to cause complications for Ford dealers when they are ordered. How do they know which will sell better? 3.0 or 3.5? Giving the customer too many options causes headaches for dealers and the manufacturer. It also costs more in R&D as well. Dumb dumb dumb.
  • Sign of the times? A friend living in Colorado Springs who takes his Mazda3 to the dealership for service had his sales rep tell him the dealership sold 7 vehicles in November. Normal monthly sales results -- 70.
    Ouch! Our sales are down too, but not nearly that bad. It's no secret the auto industry is in the toilet.
  • That was my reaction too. Maybe the New Year will bring everyone a new outlook, and....sales! Mazda has terrific product -- no reason they shouldn't rebound. I'm in higher ed, and we're just hoping students will continue to come to college.
  • For those still looking to purchase a new Mazda 3 or 6, I just received an email from a Philadelphia Mazda dealer stating that Mazda is now offering below invoice and 0% on these models.
    I just received an email from a Philadelphia Mazda dealer stating that Mazda is now offering below invoice and 0% on these models.

I think you meant the "dealer" is offering below invoice, not Mazda. Either way, good news if you live in that area.
    Mazda does have a great product, and Mazda Motor Co. has a great future. The owner of our store is hurting, like every other owner. We just keep telling ourselves we just need to wait it out until spring. We think things should turn around by then.

I'm the ISM of my store, so, all I deal with is Internet traffic, which has still been pretty heavy. It's the showroom traffic that has really slimmed out.
  • I think you meant the "dealer" is offering below invoice, not Mazda. Either way, good news if you live in that area.

Actually, the dealer's wording was the offer was from Mazda. If I give you the dealer's web address, maybe you can correct them.
    They won't listen to me...lol

It could be a mistake from the company that powers their web site. I know the company that maintains ours has goofed from time to time.
  • Hi, this message is for aviboy97. Would you be able to provide any insight into when the next delivery of Mazda6's might take place? There's 69 vehicles accross 3 dealers in my area but I'm interested in a 6s Touring of which there are only 9. I'm also considering the 2010 Mazda3 which I understand may be arriving in Feb? Also, any insight into whether Mazda will continue the S-Plan pricing should Ford drop out of the picture? Thx.
  • My 2009 Mazda6 s GT saw the first snow and the car wouldn't climb up my driveway (I have a short but steep driveway). I thought I could get away at least this winter with the new tires and all but clearly I need snow tires - what we got today is just 2 inches of snow!
    Thinking of either going with the original size tires (18") or smaller tires+wheel package (16"). If I go with the smaller wheel+tire package do I need to buy TPMS sensors or can I just use the original ones that I have?
  • Go with the small wheel+tire package and save some $$$. As for TPMS, if you don't mind the light on the dash, you can get away WITHOUT the sensors and save some $$$ there as well. If you check tire pressure once per week, like I do, you'll do fine without the sensors.

If you go with TPMS, I'm not sure if they're interchangeable between certain types of wheels, and it may cost extra to swap them twice per year. Even if you get a different set for your winter wheels, prepare to pay extra to calibrate the sensors to the car twice per year as well.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    clearly I need snow tires

...or a snow shovel and some salt :)
  • rik4rik4 Posts: 90
    since you have the mazda s check the tires and see if you have all seasons on it. you might just have summer tires. they will go nowhere . the all seasons should be fine with it being front wheel drive.
  • qddaveqddave Posts: 164
    I disagree. All seasons are junk. Nothing like a set of grippy, confidence inspiring Blizzak WS-60's.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,006
    "I disagree. All seasons are junk"

I disagree with you....they are not junk. I don't disagree that snow or winter tires will give you better traction in snow, etc but I've found all season tires to be adequate in the Midwest area and that includes rear wheel drive only pickups. The hassle, expense and handling on dry roads(90% of the time in winter in the midwest) of snow tires are just not worth it in my opinion. If someone lives way out in the country and is constantly driving on unplowed or seldom plowed roads I can understand the need. Otherwise they are more trouble than they are worth.

And yes I've lived in the Midwest my entire life including 20 years in Michigan and have never been in a ditch or became stuck in snow. I do tend to avoid driving unless absolutely necessary when the weather is really bad though.
    Would you be able to provide any insight into when the next delivery of Mazda6's might take place?

Job 1 is just finishing up production for the 09 Mazda6. Inventory is pretty heavy with the 09 Mazda6 because total 09 inventory was mainly ordered during Job1. Job 2 does not begin until after the new year. I had the opportunity to tour the AAI plant in Flat Rock, MI, where they build the Mazda6, earlier this month and the factory will be dark for most of the holiday season from what they told me.

I'm also considering the 2010 Mazda3 which I understand may be arriving in Feb?

With the struggling world economy, I believe Mazda is going to hold off on 2010 Mazda3 production until 2009 inventory slims out a bit more. I expect the 2010's to be here in late March / early April.

Also, any insight into whether Mazda will continue the S-Plan pricing should Ford drop out of the picture?

That is a great question! One I have asked myself, and for now, there is no plans to discontinue that partnership. Now, Ford still owns a bit of stake, only 14% I believe. Technology sharing will continue, however, many of MNAO exec's who were placed in the company by Ford will be phased out, and Mazda will replace them with people of their choosing. This translates into faster response time to issues, design and R & D will happen a a bit more swift, and Japan will have more influence of daily opperations. Ford also loses their seat on the board as a member of Mazda Motor Co.